Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardano (ADA)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Just hit $2.

Been a lovely run over the 2/3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Just hit $2.

Been a lovely run over the 2/3 weeks

Great to see

Anyone care to predict a price by EOY or beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Will ada be at 10-50 us by mid 2025

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Will ada be at 10-50 us by mid 2025

What would its marketcap roughly be at those prices?

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    What would its marketcap roughly be at those prices?

At 10 it would be around $320 billion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

mcriot29 wrote: »
    At 10 it would be around $320 billion.

That'd be realistically possible, it's only ~4x its current marketcap and would be less than ETHs current marketcap. $50 would be $1.6tn marketcap according to your calculations though, 21x from its current marketcap, seems a lot less reasonable really

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭In the wind

Cardano has a big summer ahead of it . It has just released its Smart contracts test net & it's mainnet for smart contracts is projected to go live in August meaning that it can run smart contracts (at a fraction of the ETH gas feess).

I'll be buying in over the next three months.

Hoskinson & Co. have a long game view and are not allowing themselves to pay any attention to the ADA price instead placing their focus on enabling a 3rd gen crypto currency to deliver on "scalability, interoperability & sustainability".

I reckon it's going to be a long term winner. I'll be downsizing my ETH to buy Cardano as soon as ETH pops its head up a little more....

Cardano has a big summer ahead of it . It has just released its Smart contracts test net & it's mainnet for smart contracts is projected to go live in August meaning that it can run smart contracts (at a fraction of the ETH gas feess).

I'll be buying in over the next three months.

Hoskinson & Co. have a long game view and are not allowing themselves to pay any attention to the ADA price instead placing their focus on enabling a 3rd gen crypto currency to deliver on "scalability, interoperability & sustainability".

I reckon it's going to be a long term winner. I'll be downsizing my ETH to buy Cardano as soon as ETH pops its head up a little more....

Might make it go to 5us by 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

My percentage pie of crypto now has just over 50% in ADA. That's where I see my real gains in the future. I still hold some hope in my XRP bag but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IrishDM89

Does anyone know is it possible to stake ADA if bought through revolut ?

• Advertisement

IrishDM89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is it possible to stake ADA if bought through revolut ?

If you can withdraw it to a wallet you can stake it anywhere that allows staking. I'm not sure whether you can withdraw it from Revolut, I know withdrawing BTC from Revolut needs premium, no idea if Cardano is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

You cant withdraw from Revolut, you technically dont own the crypto you bought, its basically an IOU from Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

Hi,
    I'm totally new to crypto. Within the last couple of weeks I've been hooked on you tube trying to learn this and that. I've bought some ADA and I will be staking.
    I'm slightly confused about the following;

I am waiting on delivery of a Nano X. I understand I'll have to use Yoroi for Cardano.
    When you set up Yoroi, you have to make up a spending password and you have to take note of a seed phrase. You need the spending password to basically do anything with your ADA in Yoroi.

When you set up your Nano you also have to take note of a seedphrase.

If I am going to keep my ADA on the nano through Yoroi, do I need a seedphrase for Yoroi as well as a seedphrase for the Nano (i.e. two seedphrases and a spending password) or just a seedphrase for the Nano? Plus I think there will also be a PIN for the Nano?

Has anyone got any thoughts on the Yoroi spending password? I mean strength/security v useability? I would assume it would have to be fairly strong but not something you might forget.

I would be very grateful for any advice or help with any of the above. J

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

I have Cardano on my Ledger through Daedalus. I don't need a Wallet on Daedalus cause they are held on the Ledger. I presume it is the same process on the Yoroi. There are some good Cardano Videos by an Irish Chap called Cardano with Paul which would be worth checking out.

SkyRevNet wrote: »

The suggestion is that if the platform is a success, then that will drive up the price of the platforms token.

To me, that would be like telling me that a particular PC/PS5 (for example Fifa 2021) game was going to be a huge commercial success, therefore I should buy the ingame currency to "bet" on the game. The two are linked yes, but the success of one does not beget the success of the other.

As I understand it in Cardano's <> ADA's case the Cardano platform needs the ADA crypto currency to be staked in pools in order to enable proof of stake processing of transactions on the blockchain. Without the ADA the Cardano platform can't run. Like fuel, kinda'.

If the Cardano platform is widely adopted for execution of Smart contract or Digital Identities like they're just kicked off in Ethopia, then the amount of ADA required to be staked would rise in proportion to the amount of transactions to be processed on the Cardano blockchains (& the other blockchains it may interoperate across in future), so if the ADA is staked it is out of circulation & in a sense rare thereby more valuable by virtue of the demand on it to be staked.

I think that's the gig there.

Oh & the folks that stake their ADA get rewarded with 5% of their stake so it is revenue generating (subject to income tax in ROI)

JimiMac wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm totally new to crypto. Within the last couple of weeks I've been hooked on you tube trying to learn this and that. I've bought some ADA and I will be staking.
    I'm slightly confused about the following;

I am waiting on delivery of a Nano X. I understand I'll have to use Yoroi for Cardano.
    When you set up Yoroi, you have to make up a spending password and you have to take note of a seed phrase. You need the spending password to basically do anything with your ADA in Yoroi.

When you set up your Nano you also have to take note of a seedphrase.

If I am going to keep my ADA on the nano through Yoroi, do I need a seedphrase for Yoroi as well as a seedphrase for the Nano (i.e. two seedphrases and a spending password) or just a seedphrase for the Nano? Plus I think there will also be a PIN for the Nano?

Has anyone got any thoughts on the Yoroi spending password? I mean strength/security v useability? I would assume it would have to be fairly strong but not something you might forget.

I would be very grateful for any advice or help with any of the above. J
    "infosecurity lecture charles hoskinson" on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Any posters here still believe ADA going to do anything in the coming months/years?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 itchyfinger

Why do people hold ADA?

Its missed every target and basically does nothing, is it just that you have held for so long you cant contemplate selling?

If you are thinking of buying some, what are your reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

It’s in the top five market cap. It’s got real world government partnerships. 80% is staked so holders have some idea what they’re doing. I wouldn’t discount name recognition, look at ETC.

That said DOT and SOL will drain some of the new market away, the same way ADA did to ETH and ETH did to BTC.

Post edited by Potatoeman on

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Smart contracts, will be faster with less fees, African adoption, overall ethos of Charles and team...

Consensus seems to be that Goguen release won't be live on Oct 1st but I am still very confident in the long term value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭deadduck

also, the staking system is super flexible. you earn 4-6% annually, but there's no lock-in period, so if the price jumps for whatever reason, you can grab some ADA and cash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I'm sorry for not dipping into this when it was floating at $1 lately great potential for it to make $10 in a year..

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

I have a little bit of ADA but so far havent seen much in terms of returns. My bitcoin is doin better.

But holding all crypto for at least a year or so.

Nice pump going on at the moment. Let's hope it keeps going

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The smart contract rollout should impact the price.

Yep. Alonso hardfork date announcement will be Friday so should see a pump leading upto that. Possible drop after like we have seen in the past. Shouldn't be too much of a post announcement sell as the launch date is a lot more positive than was expected.

Poly hack made ETH look vulnerable which also helps Cardanos cause

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭deadduck

Pumping hard to €1.60 now, at this rate it’ll be €2 by Friday…

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Glad I bought in at $0.07 a few years back.

Many think it can reach $4 by end of year which I think is doable!

This time round I bought at 1.25 USD and I'm happy with where it is at. You must be ecstatic!

• Advertisement

2.02 USD at the moment. Mid month update seems to be having a positive affect with no immediate sell off at least

Advertisement