Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

rizzla wrote: »
    I was just being facetious but not everyone has PS Plus. I just think both companies made cheaper alternative consoles for parents (they will get the cheapest on the shelf) and also those who will have both, you will buy the expensive one as your main and the cheaper one as your alt.

Just thinking too. Game sharing is still a thing right, a few friends buy the cheaper digital console and split the cost of the digital price of games.

Digital only does make more sense when game sharing. I game share myself on both consoles. Still tend to buy the odd hardcopy game if I think gamesharing partner has no interest in that game and if the price is too good to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JimBurnley wrote: »

Excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I was just being facetious but not everyone has PS Plus. I just think both companies made cheaper alternative consoles for parents (they will get the cheapest on the shelf) and also those who will have both, you will buy the expensive one as your main and the cheaper one as your alt.

Just thinking too. Game sharing is still a thing right, a few friends buy the cheaper digital console and split the cost of the digital price of games.

You still have all of the same options as digital with the disc version, you just have more as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Balan Wonderland is just over £9 on Amazon for any masochists out there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well, another real world example. Wreckfest PS5 €25 on Smyths, €0 with PS Plus.

Erm........
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    With the disc version, you can still buy digital. But the same can't be said the other way around.

/facepalm

• Advertisement

jj880 wrote: »
    I agree. Stupid is overboard. If it got you over the line with missus then well done. I know how that goes.

Fact remains digital is a short term saving. Unless you're only gona play certain free to play games and wait a looooong time for substantial digital discounts.

I think it does go back to a need for the digital market place to not be a monopoly, hopefully the EU and likes force them to open up. Digital only would be largely fine in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

AdamD wrote: »
    How many PS5 games have you bought to have already saved €100?

I bought Ghost of Tsushima for around €45 on Amazon, cleared it and sold it on adverts for €40.

I bought AC Valhalla from Ubisoft for around €60, played it then sold it for €50.

Bought RE8 from Smyths for €60, will finish it and sell it for around €45.

If I'd have bought them all digitally they would have cost me more than €150 in total with no chance of getting any money back.

Buying the discs means i spent €165, got my value out of the games and recouped €135. There's the extra outlay covered with change over for an older title or two.

Obviously different people have different circumstances but as someone that collects alot of weird and obscure horror movie stuff, never, ever tell you're wife what the actual cost was.

Amateur mistake.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Obviously different people have different circumstances but as someone that collects alot of weird and obscure horror movie stuff, never, ever tell you're wife what the actual cost was.

Amateur mistake.

:pac::pac::pac:

Indeed. Someone I know got a €300 model kit and got the shop to put a €40 price tag on it so he could tell the missus it was that price.

Indeed. Someone I know got a €300 model kit and got the shop to put a €40 price tag on it so he could tell the missus it was that price.

Someone I know just spent €250 on 4 horror movie vinyl soundtracks but will tell his missus he traded them with another collector for several blurays. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.
    Disk/diskless discussion to appropriate thread please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Any idea if it is no longer active after your PS Plus expires?

Are those PGA tour games any good?

I played the 2019 one. Good game but tough, certainly tougher than the Tiger Woods games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any idea if it is no longer active after your PS Plus expires?

I think so, looks like more of a PS plus sale price than a PS plus subsciption game. Now I've looked it up and see that admittedly full price is showing as only €1.99, but a free game's a free game!

I think so, looks like more of a PS plus sale price than a PS plus subsciption game. Now I've looked it up and see that admittedly full price is showing as only €1.99, but a free game's a free game!

I'd say it's permanent, the game was free for a week upon launch of Arcade Stadium on Switch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They're a lot harder, and more interesting, than the EA/tiger woods/Rory Mcilroy incarnation

duploelabs wrote: »
    They're a lot harder, and more interesting, than the EA/tiger woods/Rory Mcilroy incarnation

I'm guessing they'll pop up on ea play shortly so shall hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭spideyman92

Anyone ever used shop4ie.com? Loved Persona 5 Royal last year and Strikers is on there for €41 compared to the €45 on PSN. It's only €4 I know but I'd prefer that hard copy to sell on if I don't like the Musou style gameplay. Would you be hit by customs charges?

Anyone ever used shop4ie.com? Loved Persona 5 Royal last year and Strikers is on there for €41 compared to the €45 on PSN. It's only €4 I know but I'd prefer that hard copy to sell on if I don't like the Musou style gameplay. Would you be hit by customs charges?

Ordered my copy from there and it arrived with no issue. Took a while though as it was shipped from the UK via Switzerland.

It's €42 delivered from Amazon Spain.

https://www.amazon.es/Persona-Strikers-Editión-Limitada-PS4/dp/B08SXL26BF/

Or you could just walk into GameStop and get it for €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

They won't EA lost the licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The EA games aren't very good, learning curve plateaus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Death Stranding is 17 quid in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Good stuff. €70 on the PS store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'll wait till it's €1.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Mafia Definitive Edition from Amazon works out at about €14.79, seems a decent price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0892659LV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

My ps plus membership doesnt run out for another 4 months.
    Can I buy one of those and stack it?
    Tried to buy it in the ps store but even though it says 44.99 when i go to it it wont let me buy it at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Tried to buy it in the ps store but even though it says 44.99 when i go to it it wont let me buy it at that price

Yeah, you can stack them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JimmyVik wrote: »

They stack.
    Just checked and I bought it just there now on ps store.

Advertisement