Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2020 Bets

Options
  • 08-05-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Hey

I'm looking at some Euro 2020 outright myself right now before the tournament kicks off. Theres a lot of choice out there at the moment, but theres two teams who I think might win.

I'm taking stakes on

England @ 5/1
    Portugal @ 8/1

Harry Kane top goalscorer @ 7/1 also look promising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

portugal 15/2

turkey 40/1 small bet on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Looks like my bet in September or October that Sam Johnstone to make the England squad at 20s is coming in. Pope ruled out. 4 euro stake but 20s is 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

No Real Madrid players in the Spanish squad and only 24 chosen when the allowance is 26. I'm sure there's a reason for it but could they be exposed to an injury crisis or covid outbreak by not bringing as players as possible for cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Will put a big bet on France I think, they just have clearly the strongest squad in the tournament and have also "been there done that".

I did fancy Portugal but they've come in quite a lot to 8/1. I'm not sure if that's value anymore. Certainly not a bad bet but they were 14/1 a few months ago. Might stay off that one.

Looking for some punts at the long odds end also. It's quite easy to get out of the groups and after that it's knockout where you just need to stay in the game to give yourself a chance. I think we'll see at least one less fancied team make the semis so might be some value on an EW punt.

Thinking of Switzerland and Poland, which can both be found at 80/1 at William Hill I just saw. Switzerland are just an efficient team full of experienced players who usually make the knockouts. They've had some competitive performances against the likes of Spain and Germany and will be tough to beat. I could see them sneaking far enough on some penalty shootouts.

Poland have the best striker in the world. He's going to always give them a chance if they can keep things tight at the back. They also have a very experienced squad. They brought Portugal to penalties in 2016 with the spine of the team still playing now.

Both worth EW punts I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Took Portugal at 10/1 outright a few weeks back. 30 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Are the racing post likely to do a euro special, like they do to kick off the english football league season.

Eden Hazard @ 10/1 to be top belgian goalscorer seems high with pp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

kerosene wrote: »
    Eden Hazard @ 10/1 to be top belgian goalscorer seems high with pp

Lukaku is in the form of his life and Hazard is the opposite. Couple of barren years there goals wise, and he is not exactly a goal scorer either.

I'm fairly sure Lukaku takes their penalties too.

France/Mbappe @25s

Also a nibble on Gerard Moreno top scorer @60s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Went for France/Kane double at 80/1 on bet365.

William Hill have offer of €5 free bet for for each group game your team wins if you back a team outright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Couple of bets I'm looking at, firstly the long shots:
    France and Portugal to reach the final 30/1
    France/mbappe winner/top goalscorer 25/1

bigger bets:
    France to reach the final 3/1
    Kane top England goal scorer 6/5
    Russia to reach the quarter finals 11/5
    Hungary and Finland to finish bottom of their respective groups 4/5
    Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Portugal and Russia to get out of their groups 7/2

Will the racing post likely to a euro 2020 supplement in the next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

kerosene wrote: »
    Will the racing post likely to a euro 2020 supplement in the next few days?

https://twitter.com/brucemillington/status/1398562461079453697?s=19

Thanks the real mccoy, il def pick one up thursday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,093 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is the racing post handy enough to pick up these days? I remember the last tournament having issues trying to find a shop that stocked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fitz* wrote: »
    Lukaku is in the form of his life and Hazard is the opposite. Couple of barren years there goals wise, and he is not exactly a goal scorer either.

I'm fairly sure Lukaku takes their penalties too.

I fancy Lukaku for top goal scorer. Not sure if he's value at 6/1 but there's not many standout options. His goalscoring record at international level is phenomenal. Although I was looking at their group and they have Finland 3rd - you could see him possibly getting rested for that.

Netherlands have the easiest group it seems, but they don't really have a go to scorer. Depay is the obvious one and is on penalties. Wijnaldum has got a hattrick and brace for them recently - thought he might have gone under the radar but 50/1 suggests the bookies are wise to that...

Hard to pick one out here. Usually there's someone who comes along out of nowhere. Dzyuba (66/1) has a good record, Yilmaz has had a superb season (50/1) - might be worth EW punts. You can't really write off Lewandowski and even with Poland he might be worth a punt at 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

15 Points on France @9/2

1 point on Belgium to win group and Germany to be eliminated in the group stages @12/1

10 point treble on Lukaku, Kane and Ronaldo to be top scorer for their respective teams @ nearly 6/1

2 points on Depay to be top scorer @ 20/1

1.5 points on Thomas Muller, Ferran Torres and Yilmaz to be top scorer for their respective teams @80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Belgium to win it
    France to win it

Mbappe top scorer
    Kane top scorer

Dutch top scorer is an interesting market potentially.

Wout Weghorst is a big price. Started tonight. Skybet have it at 16s and don’t suspend during the game. Haven’t adjusted the price to reflect him being picked.

Maybe other bookies are less sleepy

First 2 bets done tonight

R Lukaku, C Ronaldo & K Mbappe each to score 3 or more goals & Belgium to win Group B

15/2 with powers

Treble on Kane Ronaldo and lukaku to be top team goalscorers works out a touch over 5/1

• Advertisement

First 2 bets done tonight

R Lukaku, C Ronaldo & K Mbappe each to score 3 or more goals & Belgium to win Group B

15/2 with powers

Treble on Kane Ronaldo and lukaku to be top team goalscorers works out a touch over 5/1

It would worry me that belgium play their first two matches away to Russia and Denmark.

It would worry me that belgium play their first two matches away to Russia and Denmark.

Yeah Denmark definitely got the plum draw with 3 home games but I do think Belgium are a cut above both I actually made a mistake in going through the route to the final and it looks like it may be more beneficial for them to finish second and play probably turkey or the swiss rather than top the group and risk running into the 3rd placed team in the group of death...

Yeah Denmark definitely got the plum draw with 3 home games but I do think Belgium are a cut above both I actually made a mistake in going through the route to the final and it looks like it may be more beneficial for them to finish second and play probably turkey or the swiss rather than top the group and risk running into the 3rd placed team in the group of death...

Belgium should have finished second in the last World Cup group but adnan januazj took it upon himself to score and give them the group win and much harder route to the final. I had Belgium each way and was rightly pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ladbrokes in shop or on the SSBT, bet €10 Euro 2020 outright and get a FREE €5 bet to be used on anything after the tournament starts.
    So if doing more than €10 outright bet, do multiple €10 bets to get more free €5 bets.
    Obviously check both for the best prices at the time of placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is the racing post handy enough to pick up these days? I remember the last tournament having issues trying to find a shop that stocked it.

I've just bought the digital edition for £2.99. Euro supplement seems entirely present and correct

I've just bought the digital edition for £2.99. Euro supplement seems entirely present and correct

Cheers thanks if I can't find it in the shops this morning ill look online.

So four early bets I am looking at on Paddy Power.

England Belgium Spain and Holland all to win their group 7/2

Kane Mbappe and Lukaku each top scorers for their team 10/1

France to win 5/1

France / Kane 40/1

Throwing about five or ten euro on each one to get the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Kane /mbappe / lukaku all to have 10+ shots on target in the tournament 66/1

rekluse wrote: »
    Kane /mbappe / lukaku all to have 10+ shots on target in the tournament 66/1

Who's offering that?

Edit : Actually found it on PP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Who's offering that?

Edit : Actually found it on PP.

Sorry should have mentioned got it on betfair missed 100/1 but feel it was still worth a 10er. Was one of those bad man betting tips on Facebook. What price were paddy's?

Advertisement