Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2020 Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I got it at 75/1 with one of there power plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Med101007

rekluse wrote: »
    Kane /mbappe / lukaku all to have 10+ shots on target in the tournament 66/1

This looks a good bet. Do you know how many shots on target these players had at the last World Cup for instance. Do penalites count as a shot on target? (Probably not!)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Backed France outright €50@5/1
    Got England enhanced in PP Monday at 4/1 to reach Final so put €20 on that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Dutch top scorer is an interesting market potentially.

Wout Weghorst is a big price. Started tonight. Skybet have it at 16s and don’t suspend during the game. Haven’t adjusted the price to reflect him being picked.

Maybe other bookies are less sleepy

Now 7s, started second warmup game aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Declan rice young player of the tournament 16/1 with skybet.

I don't think England defensively are good enough to get a final but if they do he is going to be an integral part of it. It is a biased point of view as a west ham fan but he is a solid 8 out 10 week in week out and like I said if England are to go deep it'll be their defensive metal rather than attacking potential which will be the reason imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Portugal to win @ 10s and Lukaku to be top scorer and the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭crossman47

After last night, Hungary to finish bottom of group and pick up at least one red. Don't have a price on that.

Seen a 50/1 double today and threw a €5 on it , France to win and Harry Kane to be top scorer ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Have a 5er on france to beat Portugal in the final and Lukaku top goal scorer 200/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I've backed a lot over the past couple of weeks and some of these prices have come in (used a few power up's on the PP ones too). Here's what I'm going with:

Portugal over 5.5 tournament goals 1/1 Betway
    Hungary & Finland finish bottom of groups 1/1 B365
    Belgium/Denmark dual forecast 21/20 Ladbrokes
    Slovakia bottom of group 7/10 Ladbrokes
    Denmark 5-8 goals in tournament 13/10 Ladbrokes

Belgium/Denmark/Russia/Finland quadcast 10/3 PP
    France/Portugal Group F Dual Forecast 5/1 Betway
    France win tournament 5/1 PP

Portugal win tournament 12/1 PP
    Wout Weghorst top Dutch scorer 14/1 PP
    France and Portugal finalists 33/1 B365

Portugal/Ronaldo 50/1 PP
    Jota TGS E/W 66/1 B365
    France/Kane 80/1 B365
    Portugal/Kane 80/1 PP
    France/Mbappe/Mbappe Player of Tournament 75/1 PP
    France/Griezzmann/Griezmann Player of Tournament 325/1 PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

First and probably only 2 decent punts for the group stages

Switzerland not to qualify from group a 5/4

Doing it the hard way starting in Baku then heading to Rome to face Italy and back to Baku which is one of the longer journeys for teams in the group stages. Feel turkey are slightly underrated and Wales will be happy to pack in and make the swiss break them down and I don't feel they have the quality to rack up enough points.

Poland not to qualify from group E 2/1

Along the same lines with a pretty brutal travel schedule from st Petersburg then to seville and back to St Petersburg again. Not as confident that either Sweden or Slovakia are good enough to knock them off but the price makes it a play stopping lewandowski is obviously key but if they can manage this then Poland could run out of ideas pretty swift.

Doubling these selections as well the rough travel schedule is the main point on taking both on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I often think a market where punters who really know their onions could make a killing is top scorer for some of the lesser lights. If you knew who the Shane Duffy of Slovakia or Hungary was, a single goal could easily make you a joint winner. For instance, Racing Post are tipping Grant Hanley to be Scotland's top scorer @ 33/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Paddy Power had France to win Euro 2020 today at 13/2 between 12-1pm and 5-6pm for max stake €20 ;).
    Might be worth having a look at tomorrows offering.

Noticed Ladbrokes shops have cut the prices of 6 of the top 7 teams in the betting over the last few days and only pushed England out.
    Guess that is because of their Free Bet offer on the outright, back a team to win Euro 2020 for minimum stake €10 and get a free €5 bet for when the tournament starts.

Anyone know who takes the penalties for Belgium? If its Lukaku hes in with a major shout to be top goalscorer but I have a feeling it could be De Bruyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Med101007 wrote: »
    Anyone know who takes the penalties for Belgium? If its Lukaku hes in with a major shout to be top goalscorer but I have a feeling it could be De Bruyne.

I posted about this last week but to be honest I can't remember the exact stats. As far as I know, Lukaku does take the penalties. He has taken a few of them recently, even when KDB was on the pitch. Not sure on Hazard taking them though.

Thats the thing, they have a couple of really good penalty takers so its anyones guess really as to who steps up on the day. I reckon Lukaku will take the first penalty alright but if he misses he wont take anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Hazard is a brilliant penalty taker. His record is very good and he has a very effective technique, and composure under pressure. If he's fit and starting I'd lean towards him being number 1. Just not sure if he'll start? Hasn't played much club football and is not coming in with any from afaik

If Hazard is not playing, then I think Lukaku over KDB as has been said - he's taken them with both on the pitch and KDB, despite possibly having the best striking technique in world football, is surprisingly not actually a brilliant penalty taker.

I do understand the backing of Lukaku but there are 2 things putting me off - firstly is that he may not be on penalties, and secondly is that their plum fixture (Finland) comes 3rd, where I would expect them to have picked up at least 4 points but like 6. I think there's a high chance that he's rested for that Finland game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Went for 5 draws in the opening round:

Wales v Swiss
    Eng v Croatia
    Scot v Czech
    Pol v Slovakia
    Fra v Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Paddy Power had France to win Euro 2020 today at 13/2 between 12-1pm and 5-6pm for max stake €20 ;).
    Might be worth having a look at tomorrows offering.

Noticed Ladbrokes shops have cut the prices of 6 of the top 7 teams in the betting over the last few days and only pushed England out.
    Guess that is because of their Free Bet offer on the outright, back a team to win Euro 2020 for minimum stake €10 and get a free €5 bet for when the tournament starts.

PP Offering 8/1 on England at the moment. Wish I’d caught that price on France yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've doubled Hungary no goalscorer (11/2) with Macedonia no goalscorer (5/1) so it's a 38/1 double.

Macedonia only scored 12 goals in 10 qualifying games, losing twice to Austria who are in their group along with Ukraine who don't concede many & Holland.

Hungary look very poor, only scored 8 times in qualifying and looked poor enough against Ireland.

• Advertisement

Another Enhanced today on England to win all 3 group games €15 @. 10/3 was 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I backed Italy 100 quid at 10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fitz* wrote: »
    I've doubled Hungary no goalscorer (11/2) with Macedonia no goalscorer (5/1) so it's a 38/1 double.

Macedonia only scored 12 goals in 10 qualifying games, losing twice to Austria who are in their group along with Ukraine who don't concede many & Holland.

Hungary look very poor, only scored 8 times in qualifying and looked poor enough against Ireland.

I love the look at that at 38/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fitz* wrote: »

40/1 on Boyles, have had a dabble!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

On the low goals topic I’ve backed Slovakia to be lowest scorers at 9/1 with 365 - I do think it’s between them and the two mentioned above - each way three places available.

For the opener I’m going with a shortie to hopefully get off to a winning start with Turkey +2 @ 1/2 with Boyles. Also a €1 freebie on them to score and have 3+ corners in each half @ 200/1 with PP.

Boyles going evens on Italy to win tomorrow for anyone interested - presumably a stake limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

This looks a good bet. Do you know how many shots on target these players had at the last World Cup for instance. Do penalites count as a shot on target? (Probably not!)

No idea on those stats , but pens do count as shots on target. Tbh i feel this is a bit of a 'trap' bet , looks easier on paper than reality. But will give me an interest over a good few games and into the knockouts (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

I've backed a lot over the past couple of weeks and some of these prices have come in (used a few power up's on the PP ones too). Here's what I'm going with:

Denmark 5-8 goals in tournament 13/10 Ladbrokes

Belgium/Denmark/Russia/Finland quadcast 10/3 PP

I'm hoping that the Danes have a good tournament too. It seems likely that Eriksen will be on penalties and was their top scorer in qualifying. I'm hoping that he can score a few goals and i've a 100 each way at 100/1 in the top scorer market, hoping foe the place payout.

Most tournaments a player at 100s + will sneak into the top scorer top 5, I've eriksen backed for now and looking for another ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

rekluse wrote: »
    No idea on those stats , but pens do count as shots on target. Tbh i feel this is a bit of a 'trap' bet , looks easier on paper than reality. But will give me an interest over a good few games and into the knockouts (hopefully).

SOT markets look really tempting until you actually go and check the results.
    Since they started doing them, I've had a good bets on them and most have been losers :(.
    Backing a player to have x SOT is always dangerous unless the team has been announced and player starts as the bet remains valid unless he takes no part in the game.
    Trebles for 3 players in same match to have 1 or more SOT are more difficult to click even though on paper it might look a shoo in.

If anybody is doing whatodds or same game multi etc, be warned as most of these will be losers.
    When I lasted checked results, over 90% of whatodds markets were losers and you can now find them on the Betting machines so they must be profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I'm a casual football fan but love the big summer tournaments.
    I've taken a couple stabs at top scorer. Lewandowski at 25s, considering he's probably the best striker in the world right now. I know its Poland but he could easily get a hat-trick against Slovakia that would really tee him up nicely.
    Also took a wild shot at Denis Cherychev at 200/1, each way top 4. He got 4 goals in the World Cup and is probably the class act for Russia. Could be a sneaky one at massive odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

10 on Jota top goalscorer. Hope Portugal get a few against Hungary first game

Advertisement