Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Can anyone explain what's supposed to happen when switching over? I selected today as my porting date but I haven't received a sim as of yet. My phone is showing a message "SIM not provisioned for voice" so I assume it's been cancelled already. Am I stuck without a working phone now until they send it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Fecking calls dropping just after connecting (in AND out) again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

VonLuck wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what's supposed to happen when switching over? I selected today as my porting date but I haven't received a sim as of yet. My phone is showing a message "SIM not provisioned for voice" so I assume it's been cancelled already. Am I stuck without a working phone now until they send it out?

Why would you port you're number without having the SIM ?. Either way they don't take long to send out the SIM,so it will probably work with you're old number straight out of the pack.

Why would you port you're number without having the SIM ?. Either way they don't take long to send out the SIM,so it will probably work with you're old number straight out of the pack.

When you sign up they just ask you what date you would like to switch, so I picked the earliest date they let me which was a week from when I ordered. I would have thought it was a reasonable expectation that they coordinate issuing SIM cards and porting.

Do they send an email saying that it's been posted? It's been about a week now and the only email I got was that I've been signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Gooser14

VonLuck wrote:
    When you sign up they just ask you what date you would like to switch, so I picked the earliest date they let me which was a week from when I ordered. I would have thought it was a reasonable expectation that they coordinate issuing SIM cards and porting.

You should waited until you received the SIM before requesting the porting of your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Do they send an email saying that it's been posted? It's been about a week now and the only email I got was that I've been signed up.

Never got a mail to say SIM was posted. One sim came the day after I signed up,another one took two days.
    Both ported over when requested and without any problems

Gooser14 wrote: »
    You should waited until you received the SIM before requesting the porting of your number.

They don't make that clear at all when signing up. In fact, it's part of the sign-up process. You have to choose a date to port before the order is complete.
    Never got a mail to say SIM was posted. One sim came the day after I signed up,another one took two days.
    Both ported over when requested and without any problems

Slightly worrying that it hasn't come a week later. Maybe the Easter weekend disrupted things. Just checking their FAQ they do say to allow up to 10 days for delivery.

I could have easily waited another week if I'd just known! Not a good start.

Just got an email from AnPost saying that my SIM will be delivered today. Crisis averted, assuming it arrives.

I will say GoMo emails are odd. They just have a title like "Welcome to GoMo" but have no content. Feels like spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They don't make that clear at all when signing up. In fact, it's part of the sign-up process. You have to choose a date to port before the order is complete.

It's badly presented by Gomo...they should make it clearer that a number can be ported at any time...next week, month or year.

IMO, it's always better to get a new number when joining a network as it allows testing coverage and functionality before porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just got an email from AnPost saying that my SIM will be delivered today. Crisis averted, assuming it arrives.

I will say GoMo emails are odd. They just have a title like "Welcome to GoMo" but have no content. Feels like spam.

Any email I ever received from GoMo only displays a subject and a blank white page when opened using Outlook.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Price gone up to €14.99 a month now for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I still smile every time I see my €9.99 bill popping up :) With them from the start and have had no issues.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I still smile every time I see my €9.99 bill popping up With them from the start and have had no issues.

Same here. Have 2 sims from start.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes. Getting expensive now. 48 is only €10.99, and offers more data.

I have two spare sims if anyone wants them.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How do 48 offer more data?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Exactly! I'm with both and 48 at €7.99 gives you 100GB, whereas GoMo gives you 120GB for €9.99. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes. Getting expensive now. 48 is only €10.99, and offers more data.

I have two spare sims if anyone wants them.

Apologies. Thought Gomo only have 80Gb.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Apologies. Thought Gomo only have 80Gb.

It was at the start and was increased to 120 during lockdown 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

jrmb wrote: »
    When I ported from Eir to GoMo (if that's considered porting), it took months to get my refund. Then at the end of my landline contact they wanted to charge me €90 even though I'd cancelled. I hope I never have to use Eir again.
    Now they're trying to charge me for non-return of equipment and for missed direct debits for the charges for that equipment, all of which I returned on time through Parcel Motel. At this stage, it's harassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I still smile every time I see my €9.99 bill popping up :) With them from the start and have had no issues.

Me too, I've actually framed one bill just as a reminder :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

jrmb wrote: »
    Now they're trying to charge me for non-return of equipment and for missed direct debits for the charges for that equipment, all of which I returned on time through Parcel Motel. At this stage, it's harassment.

Seems Eirs"s customer service has improved much

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭ps200306

New Home wrote: »
    Exactly! I'm with both and 48 at €7.99 gives you 100GB, whereas GoMo gives you 120GB for €9.99. What am I missing?
    I left 48 for GoMo when the 48 allowance was much lower. I found the GoMo speeds way higher than 48 (60 Mbps vs. <10 Mbps). Has 48 got any better? ... 'cos I don't think I'd be going back even for the cheaper price and higher allowance. My speed difference could be just the vagaries of location though.

Advertisement