Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭appledrop

Every time I check they seem to be downgrading temps and amount of sun for the coming days

Yea I'm not impressed at all.

Met eireann going on all week about 21 degrees on Sunday and now app on my phone only showing max of 16 degrees now for Sat + Sun in Dublin and it was spot on about weather today.

Grrrrrrrr not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭sporina

wow fab sunny eve here in Cork.. and its 16ºC woo hoo.. Happy Friday..

sporina wrote: »
    wow fab sunny eve here in Cork.. and its 16ºC woo hoo.. Happy Friday..

Enjoy, still miserable here in Dublin and seems to be stuck on 12 degrees all day.

appledrop wrote: »
    Enjoy, still miserable here in Dublin and seems to be stuck on 12 degrees all day.

thanks - oh I hope it brightens up for you tomorrow..

we had a terrible day here yday and I think ye had nice one? crazy

thanks - oh I hope it brightens up for you tomorrow..

we had a terrible day here yday and I think ye had nice one? crazy

It was nice here yesterday morning, but rain started in afternoon and basicially hasn't really stopped since.

I'm keeping the fingers crossed for better weather this weekend!

• Advertisement

Surprise surprise MM going for indoor speech, look at rte reporter out in rain.

pauldry wrote: »
    Yes the Norwegian Met Office know more about our weather than our own. :confused:

i know - strange - but true..

i am an avid hiker so use to hounding weather forecast apps - and YR.NO is always most accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭pauldry

i know - strange - but true..

i am an avid hiker so use to hounding weather forecast apps - and YR.NO is always most accurate

Yes they are excellent for the amounts of rain they forecast. Last 3 times theyv only been a couple of mm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭OldRio

It was nice here yesterday morning, but rain started in afternoon and basicially hasn't really stopped since.

I'm keeping the fingers crossed for better weather this weekend!

Same here. It started at 12.30 yesterday afternoon and it's just stopped. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Very dull evening. No sun today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

well I just booked 4 weeks to the med for July/August with the announcement this evening on travel. Now I don't seem to care as much about this ridiculous weather we get here. Relief at last.

well I just booked 4 weeks to the med for July/August with the announcement this evening on travel. Now I don't seem to care as much about this ridiculous weather we get here. Relief at last.

Very jealous! Don't think we will get to go abroad as still no sign of vaccine for us and our son won't be eligible for vaccine like all kids so don't know how the green cert etc will work for families.

Will you bring the good weather back with you for the rest of us stuck here!

sure who knows what could change by then for the better or worse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Very jealous! Don't think we will get to go abroad as still no sign of vaccine for us and our son won't be eligible for vaccine like all kids so don't know how the green cert etc will work for families.

Will you bring the good weather back with you for the rest of us stuck here!

You don't need a vaccine. A negative PCR test will suffice

Yeah that's why I booked, I should be vaccinated soon anyway, well the first dose

I wouldn't be comfortable going without being vaccinated. You never know might be lucky and get vaccine soon!

Achill was like the Med today. Wall to wall sun and 18c (in the car). My parents weather report.

The app that predicted today's cloud and rain moving West predicts more sun tomorrow afternoon but cloud n mist until then. A lot of cloud in the East too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Been a glorious day. Just back from a late evening walk on the beach
    Heading to Dingle tomorrow

Glorious eve here in Cork - just back from a long walk out and around Blarney - beautiful Sunset... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Glorious eve here in Cork - just back from a long walk out and around Blarney - beautiful Sunset... :)

We had a bit of cloud. Couldn't see much of a, sunset

• Advertisement

We had a bit of cloud. Couldn't see much of a, sunset

wer are you? enjoy Dingle.. wished I lived there during the lockdowns

Very heavy drizzle in Northwest tonight. Hope it gets itself out of the way before tomorrow afternoon beach trip.

We maxed out at 13 degrees yesterday at DA.

Newport got to 19.6, sounds lovely!

At least its dry this morning, no sunshine yet.

We might see 16 degrees later in Dublin if we are lucky.

Hoping tomorrow is nice enough for a beach day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain last night, sporadically, for a change. Cloudy this morning.
    Co.Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Very cloudy and grey morning. Wasn't quite expecting this. Hope it brightens up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sitting outside in East Clare a watery looking sun but still 13 degrees, a small bit of warmth in it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Satellite photo. Hopefully it will burn off.
    554382.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I just hope what’s outside now isn’t it for the weekend It’s been a wet and miserable week here except for Wednesday evening and the good weather we’ve been promised is so far a cloudy morning with a temp of 12 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It's lovely here drinking a mugga tae in my garden now. About 3/8 cloudcover and no real wind. Already got warmth in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The cloud is stubbornly hanging on. :(

Advertisement