Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭karlitob

Would anyone know if there’s a version of parcel motel in Germany?

I want to buy a wacker and cement mixer. Fantastic deal on Amazon.de from the company but they won’t deliver to ireland.

Could anyone guide as to what options I would have. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

karlitob wrote: »
    Would anyone know if there’s a version of parcel motel in Germany?

I want to buy a wacker and cement mixer. Fantastic deal on Amazon.de from the company but they won’t deliver to ireland.

Could anyone guide as to what options I would have. Thanks in advance.

https://www.mailboxde.com/

Thank you.

No luck - they came back to say 60kg is the limit. I’ll be at 100kg. Any other ideas?

Thanks for replying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You could try freight forwarders such as DHL, DSV, TNT who have road freight services from Germany. They would need it on a pallet though, I would think

whiterebel wrote: »
    You could try freight forwarders such as DHL, DSV, TNT who have road freight services from Germany. They would need it on a pallet though, I would think
    Thank you.
    I’m guessing that’s expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jinny Joe

Sorry this is not a reply but a new query. If I buy a Kindle E-reader from Amazon.de. rather than Amazon.co.uk will I save on costs due to Eurozone taxes on UK purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭corkie

Jinny Joe wrote: »
    Sorry this is not a reply but a new query. If I buy a Kindle E-reader from Amazon.de. rather than Amazon.co.uk will I save on costs due to Eurozone taxes on UK purchases.

Compare the product on both sites. Or across eu sites https://www.hagglezon.com

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FQ4DJ7X
    EUR 81.21 (before removal of uk vat and Irish Vat added) ~~~ EUR 86,63
    ^^^ This product only ships to the United Kingdom, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Ireland, Isle of Man or Jersey.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07FQ4DJ7X ~~~ €79.99
    ^^^ This product only ships to Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg or Switzerland.

You would have to find a .de link for the product that ships here?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

whiterebel wrote: »

Jaysus ~€300

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Another S&S big delivery month (building stockpile before July 1st). Every item dispatched individually via An Post. 99.9% of my other deliveries come via Amazon Logistics so I don't get why this stuff comes in the post, some of it is quite bulky e.g kitchen roll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Any one on here know if there is a German forwarding service to Ireland? Item on amazon.de but says no delivery to Ireland.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Any one on here know if there is a German forwarding service to Ireland? Item on amazon.de but says no delivery to Ireland.
    Thanks

Mailboxde.com

Thanks
    Badly fukt wrote: »
    Mailboxde.com

Not affordable service if the item is bulky/heavy.

Try browsing alternative amazon EU sites and possibly .com for your item.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭pgj2015

anyone having problems getting items dispatched from amazon uk? I ordered a football pump but after 3 weeks it hadnt been dispatched so i canceled it. then i ordered another pump on 15 may from a different seller, it hasnt been dispatched yet either. what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My issue with Amazon UK at moment is the unavailability of new music releases (CDs, vinyl, multi disc sets). They're just listed for pre-order and are already "temporarily unavailable" if you're ordering from outside UK. Some of them become available closer to release date but others have to be obtained from elsewhere. It's affecting more than Irish customers as I see online discussion from people in other parts of Europe not being able to order items. All of this is down to Brexit. For some reason, DVDs and BDs are not affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I haven't ordered from Amazon.co.uk since the end of December, just before Brexit. I ordered a beard trimmer (in-stock and fulfilled by Amazon) on Sunday and just got a delivery date of 18 July. I have Prime and it's shipping via priority delivery.

Can anyone explain what is going on and why it'll take so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Rael wrote: »
    I haven't ordered from Amazon.co.uk since the end of December, just before Brexit. I ordered a beard trimmer (in-stock and fulfilled by Amazon) on Sunday and just got a delivery date of 18 July. I have Prime and it's shipping via priority delivery.

Can anyone explain what is going on and why it'll take so long?

It will probably arrive before that but what can happen is that the stock is in a warehouse that doesn't ship directly to Ireland (could even be in Germany or France) so they either eventually get around to shipping from the EU or wait till its back in stock in a nearer fulfillment center.

But I'm open to other suggestions.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

It will probably arrive before that but what can happen is that the stock is in a warehouse that doesn't ship directly to Ireland (could even be in Germany or France) so they either eventually get around to shipping from the EU or wait till its back in stock in a nearer fulfillment center.

But I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks for the explanation. Overall situation seems mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Getting real tired of amazon now, Would jump to a competitor in a heartbeat if they offered a similar service due to the amount of sellers refusing to ship to ireland at all. its ridiculous, id even pay for shipping but Nope..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

In fairness, I haven't had much issues to be honest (bar January and February when Brexit made a mess of everything but that has passed). All items usually delivered within 48hrs.

If anything, I've made some nice savigns with VAT not being charged for most goods under £22. Not good for the Irish revenue service of course.

It will inprove further when the fulfillment centre in West Dublin opens early next year.

Getting real tired of amazon now, Would jump to a competitor in a heartbeat if they offered a similar service due to the amount of sellers refusing to ship to ireland at all. its ridiculous, id even pay for shipping but Nope..

Is there not a service an post offer to get around the issue of sellers not shipping to Ireland? address pal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Is there not a service an post offer to get around the issue of sellers not shipping to Ireland? address pal?
    Think you are charged their fee + vat on whatever it is and a possible service fee. So for example a €50 item might cost €69.50 + €3.50 service fee.

Suckit wrote: »
    Think you are charged their fee + vat on whatever it is and a possible service fee. So for example a €50 item might cost €69.50 + €3.50 service fee.

oh right. parcel wizard used to just charge 3.85. better times.:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

oh right. parcel wizard used to just charge 3.85. better times.:)

Pre brexit times....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Had a banner offering me student prime 6 months free then half price. Clicked it to see, and all I had to do was enter a finishing date and it activated!
    I'm not a student

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Don keebals

There's a company in belcoo county Fermanagh offering an address service , it's called parcel motel I pass by the shop regular , they also have a Facebook page......I have no experience using these guys as i use my mother-in-laws northern address. .... Edit..... apologies it's called border parcel motel.

Is parcel motel still operating? or did they wind up like parcel wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Is parcel motel still operating? or did they wind up like parcel wizard?

UK address gone. You can still have an Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Don keebals

Caranica wrote: »
    UK address gone. You can still have an Irish address.

Apologies .... just seen it it's called border parcel motel. .... not parcel motel . This is operated by a local guy who owns the old restaurant it's operating from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Anyone know what the story is with Amazon return dates?

I bought an SSD in July last year and it’s now acting up on me. I checked my order and it says the return window was up in August 2020 and it looks like I’ve no way to take it up with them.

I’m working under the assumption that my consumer rights supersede their company policy and that I actually have a full year.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

That 30 days returns policy is for deflective/faulty goods received.
    (and sometimes just a change of mind on unopened products)

About Our Returns Policies

Faulty Goods-Your Consumer Rights

You still have a Years warranty (2 for EU online).

Advertisement