Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gonzo wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the forecast for today. Today was never outlined to be a good day here in Ireland with rain or showers and cooler conditions in the forecast.

The best of the weather looks to be Saturday to about Monday or maybe Tuesday. Next week was starting to look promising but the models have backed off the idea of warm and dry for next week with the Atlantic regaining control from about Tuesday. At least we should have 2 to 3 nice days over the weekend and on Monday.

The forecast was not 10 hours of non stop heavey rain with highs of 12°c..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Started raining in Galway around 10 am still raining back garden flooded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a day of rain here near Castlebar the sun has appeared just as its beginning to set. Nice day ahead in the west tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

Forecast is not good in NCD for tomorrow. Rain all day and highs of only 11 - 12 degrees.

I hope the forecast is wrong.

I went to work in my lovely white summer trousers today and I wasn't the only one!

By lunchtime we all had our coats on and were trying to avoid the muck from the puddles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

i don't think it had stopped raining since am in Cork City today - its still at it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

After a day of rain here near Castlebar the sun has appeared just as its beginning to set. Nice day ahead in the west tomorrow.

Yes indeed Oscar Bravo. Got a quick snap of it earlier. Lovely to see the setting sun find that chink of a gap beneath the edge of that weather front after a dreary day.
    Recorded 11mm of rain here today near Castlebar. Hoping for another evening soon like what we got here in Central Mayo yesterday which was one of the nicest in a long time.

554277.jpg

Glad it cleared up for some in West.

Still raining here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Still raining in limerick, did not stop once since 12pm yesterday. Disgusting

Still raining in limerick, did not stop once since 12pm yesterday. Disgusting

Still raining here aswell in NCD. So much for their forecast of more settled weather from Thursday onwards, yeah right.

I'm not holding out much hope now for the 'warm' weekend that was predicted earlier in week.

• Advertisement

Raining all night in Arklow
    Never heavy,just steady but mounting up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

First morning in what must be months where there wasn't that all too familiar chill in the air.

New Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain in Leitrim, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Rainy af in Dublin and looks like the sun wont be out tomorrow either, Sunday still looking decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭pauldry

Clousy in Sligo

Phone App said it would stay like this all day
    but Met Eireann had sun.

Lets see whos right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Damp morning in Naas but it's slowly improving and brightening up, I'd say it will be a nice afternoon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

grey and dull here in Cork but no rain.. yet... I think some is on the way.. but then hopefully it will be be dry for a few days

pauldry wrote: »
    Clousy in Sligo

Phone App said it would stay like this all day
    but Met Eireann had sun.

Lets see whos right

I listen to the Met Eireann forecast just before 8am on the radio every day. A complete waste of time.

11 degrees here in Dublin and still raining.

It's miserable. A great start to the ' heatwave"

I want to see MM do his speech this evening out in the rain, while taking about outdoor summer dining until July.

A dry morning here in Castlebar with good sunshine and just light winds.

At least it's still Spring technically, I don't see anything remarkable in forecasts on the way but hopefully it starts to feel like summer at some stage in June and stays that way for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭esposito

and stays that way for a while

That’s the hard part! A sustained spell like 2013, 2014 and 2018 would be most welcome

esposito wrote: »
    That’s the hard part! A sustained spell like 2013, 2014 and 2018 would be most welcome

Yeah I mean it's unlikely but one can but dream :(

Looks like phone app was right (as it is about 60% of time)
    as opposed to Met Eireann (for here which is probably less than 50%)

Phone app has tomorrow cloudy until afternoon possibly 1pm
    Met Eireann similar so universal agreement that there "might" be a sunny afternoon here.

Both have a wet misty morning though.:(

my iphone app is always way off, ME app not much better.. YR.NO is the most accurate I find..

Yes the Norwegian Met Office know more about our weather than our own. :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This band of rain which moved in from the west is very slow moving over the Irish sea with higher pressure of our east, so it's likely to remain damp across some eastern areas till tomorrow. Tomorrow to Tuesday looks decent enough although cloud could persist at times but temperatures should get to the high teens in many areas, possibly reaching 20 or 21C in one or two sunny spots inland.

Mt Dillon probably

Another rotten day so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

US2 wrote: »
    Another rotten day so far

Hopefully today is the last of the chilly days for a while. The outlook for June is looking very mixed but at least the temperatures look like staying average to slightly above normal for the forseeable future, we seem just about done with the very cool to cold temperatures of the past 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Any chance of the sun breaking out in the midlands by day's end? Met E has it cloudy, was hoping for a chink of sun to sit out with beer in hand.

• Advertisement

Still raining. The ground is utterly sodden.

Yes app was even more right than Met Eireann. It had rain in afternoon drifting Westwards.

Its now raining after a bright morning.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Hopefully today is the last of the chilly days for a while. The outlook for June is looking very mixed but at least the temperatures look like staying average to slightly above normal for the forseeable future, we seem just about done with the very cool to cold temperatures of the past 2 months.

I hope you're right. Had plenty sunshine over the last 2 months but can't remember felling warm at any stage.

Just started raining again now, the grass is going to grow like mad over the week

Had a lovely run in the wind and rain at lunch, hands numb from the cold! At least travel may be allowed from July, this is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Had a lovely run in the wind and rain at lunch, hands numb from the cold! At least travel may be allowed from July, this is just ridiculous.

Drizzle in East Clare it was a cloudy but dry and warm morning in East Clare..

Run done, luckily no gloves needed !!

rain has stopped and temperature has SHOT up to 14c

Sun in whiter clouds now so you can see it at least from time to time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Dull and grey all day today but dry thankfully.

Every time I check they seem to be downgrading temps and amount of sun for the coming days

Feeling warm here in the west now . Newport 19 degrees at 4pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

There's been a bright thing in the sky all day and my face feels warm. No idea what it is :)

Every time I check they seem to be downgrading temps and amount of sun for the coming days

Yea I'm not impressed at all.

Met eireann going on all week about 21 degrees on Sunday and now app on my phone only showing max of 16 degrees now for Sat + Sun in Dublin and it was spot on about weather today.

Grrrrrrrr not happy.

wow fab sunny eve here in Cork.. and its 16ºC woo hoo.. Happy Friday..

sporina wrote: »
    wow fab sunny eve here in Cork.. and its 16ºC woo hoo.. Happy Friday..

Enjoy, still miserable here in Dublin and seems to be stuck on 12 degrees all day.

appledrop wrote: »
    Enjoy, still miserable here in Dublin and seems to be stuck on 12 degrees all day.

thanks - oh I hope it brightens up for you tomorrow..

we had a terrible day here yday and I think ye had nice one? crazy

thanks - oh I hope it brightens up for you tomorrow..

we had a terrible day here yday and I think ye had nice one? crazy

It was nice here yesterday morning, but rain started in afternoon and basicially hasn't really stopped since.

I'm keeping the fingers crossed for better weather this weekend!

• Advertisement

Surprise surprise MM going for indoor speech, look at rte reporter out in rain.

pauldry wrote: »
    Yes the Norwegian Met Office know more about our weather than our own. :confused:

i know - strange - but true..

i am an avid hiker so use to hounding weather forecast apps - and YR.NO is always most accurate

i know - strange - but true..

i am an avid hiker so use to hounding weather forecast apps - and YR.NO is always most accurate

Yes they are excellent for the amounts of rain they forecast. Last 3 times theyv only been a couple of mm out.

appledrop wrote: »
    It was nice here yesterday morning, but rain started in afternoon and basicially hasn't really stopped since.

I'm keeping the fingers crossed for better weather this weekend!

Same here. It started at 12.30 yesterday afternoon and it's just stopped. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Very dull evening. No sun today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement