Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭OldRio

Raining in Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Another disgusting day in Cork City just like most of this month PISH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Raining again in kerry.
    124mm this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

this weather is schizo.. its really sending my moods into disarray ggrrrrr....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another housebound day in cork city. Chilly weather, wet and just generally disgusting. What a change from yesterday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Was a lovely day till about 20 minutes ago, got to 18C briefly in the sunshine. Fully cloudy now with spits of rain, still fairly mild at 16C. The forecast for today was never good and tomorrow will have a poor start but should improve as the day goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Miserable cold day in Galway with rain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Stunning sun halo just before lunchtime in Dublin today.

Another housebound day in cork city. Chilly weather, wet and just generally disgusting. What a change from yesterday.

yeah its hard to believe - I was down in the Blackrock/Marina area yday eve with mates and it was glorious... loads out running, sitting by the pier/water having the chats and coffee... kinda reminded me of the Oz lifestyle lol.. I knew the forecast was bad for today but I was like "oh it can't change that much"... more fool me.. think its gonna be better from tomorrow on though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

Its funny really.

Funny that Irish people still say after years of misery "its supposed to be Summer"

How many warm Summers days do we get? A few trickled here and there. Most of the other days are cloudy misty or showery with the odd few washout days most particularly on bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭mcburns07

pauldry wrote: »
    Its funny really.

Funny that Irish people still say after years of misery "its supposed to be Summer"

How many warm Summers days do we get? A few trickled here and there. Most of the other days are cloudy misty or showery with the odd few washout days most particularly on bank holidays.

It's not that bad down here in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Grim day today, cool and wet. Hard to believe after sitting out the back garden most of yesterday afternoon and evening with the shorts on and a few nice cool beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

It seems to be worse down there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

12c and raining the last 3 hours. Why o why do I waste so much time looking at forecasts.

Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Newport and Valentia as usual are leading the way with rainfall so far this year with 665mm and 664mm respectively.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

US2 wrote: »
    12c and raining the last 3 hours. Why o why do I waste so much time looking at forecasts.

Limerick

Nothing wrong with the forecast for today. Today was never outlined to be a good day here in Ireland with rain or showers and cooler conditions in the forecast.

The best of the weather looks to be Saturday to about Monday or maybe Tuesday. Next week was starting to look promising but the models have backed off the idea of warm and dry for next week with the Atlantic regaining control from about Tuesday. At least we should have 2 to 3 nice days over the weekend and on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Saw this on twitter just now. Short video capturing a meteorite passing over the NW last night .

https://mobile.twitter.com/GregHughes2/status/1397919659484061703

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

18;33pm May 27th lights on in kitchen peeing down with rain 11 degrees it’s a fuxkin disgrace really. Few nice hours yesterday evening and that’s it. No sign of any settled weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭esposito

18;33pm May 27th lights on in kitchen peeing down with rain 11 degrees it’s a fuxkin disgrace really. Few nice hours yesterday evening and that’s it. No sign of any settled weather.

There is a sign of settled weather. The weekend and first few days of next week should be mainly dry and relatively warm for most of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gonzo wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the forecast for today. Today was never outlined to be a good day here in Ireland with rain or showers and cooler conditions in the forecast.

The best of the weather looks to be Saturday to about Monday or maybe Tuesday. Next week was starting to look promising but the models have backed off the idea of warm and dry for next week with the Atlantic regaining control from about Tuesday. At least we should have 2 to 3 nice days over the weekend and on Monday.

The forecast was not 10 hours of non stop heavey rain with highs of 12°c..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Started raining in Galway around 10 am still raining back garden flooded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a day of rain here near Castlebar the sun has appeared just as its beginning to set. Nice day ahead in the west tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭appledrop

Forecast is not good in NCD for tomorrow. Rain all day and highs of only 11 - 12 degrees.

I hope the forecast is wrong.

I went to work in my lovely white summer trousers today and I wasn't the only one!

By lunchtime we all had our coats on and were trying to avoid the muck from the puddles!

i don't think it had stopped raining since am in Cork City today - its still at it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

After a day of rain here near Castlebar the sun has appeared just as its beginning to set. Nice day ahead in the west tomorrow.

Yes indeed Oscar Bravo. Got a quick snap of it earlier. Lovely to see the setting sun find that chink of a gap beneath the edge of that weather front after a dreary day.
    Recorded 11mm of rain here today near Castlebar. Hoping for another evening soon like what we got here in Central Mayo yesterday which was one of the nicest in a long time.

554277.jpg

Glad it cleared up for some in West.

Still raining here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Still raining in limerick, did not stop once since 12pm yesterday. Disgusting

Still raining in limerick, did not stop once since 12pm yesterday. Disgusting

Still raining here aswell in NCD. So much for their forecast of more settled weather from Thursday onwards, yeah right.

I'm not holding out much hope now for the 'warm' weekend that was predicted earlier in week.

• Advertisement

Raining all night in Arklow
    Never heavy,just steady but mounting up

Advertisement