Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

donaghs wrote: »
    Shouldn’t make a difference to judging the crime and the sentence, but you don’t need to be statistician to see that crime and socio-economic status have noticeable patterns.

Individuals who have sociopathic tendencies and who hold higher education qualifications, nothing new there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

local whatsapp group reported a man flashing last Saturday around 6 pm. funnily enough i was drinking cans with my mates there from 7 and didnt see anyone about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks for the information, were all very happy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Anywhere in particular or just generally touring around with his lad out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Shooting in Whitechapel. Member of AGS shot in the leg/foot apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

One shot in hand.
    One shot in foot.
    Still an active shooting incident.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just saw some videos on Twitter. Hope everyone is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

A Garda shot in D15. Given the disgraceful stuff being spread about local Gardai by certain local councillors and former TD's since late last December, I look forward to their complete ignoring of this incident.

A Garda shot in D15. Given the disgraceful stuff being spread about local Gardai by certain local councillors and former TD's since late last December, I look forward to their complete ignoring of this incident.

Oh really? Any information in the public domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Oh really? Any information in the public domain?

Ongoing incident so there's a media blackout requested by the Gardaí, but there's plenty of videos on social media. Whitechapel Grove, well known criminal.

• Advertisement

KGLady wrote: »
    Ongoing incident so there's a media blackout requested by the Gardaí, but there's plenty of videos on social media. Whitechapel Grove, well known criminal.

I meant about certain public representatives dissing Gardaí, I'd like to tackle them about it.

As for the media blackout, the Gangland thread has the name, that he is now dead and that two AGS were wounded, both in the foot. A slightly pointless blackout if true

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I meant about certain public representatives dissing Gardaí, I'd like to tackle them about it.

Ah I misread, and I'd agree with you 100% such things should be challenged, however I'd expect the same response as usual from our former TD - to deflect and label anyone calling her out as a liar. :(

From videos doing the rounds it seems the two plain clothes Gardaí both received minor looking injuries to the foot. Hopefully that proves to be the case.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Very funny video on twitter of an ERU Garda walking past a house armed with an MP7 and a tall bag of Sniper gear on his back.

Lad in the front garden: "Goin' fishin' pal?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Really?

Yeah, he gave himself up videos, pictures all going around, gardais hit in arm and foot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭donaghs

Yeah, he gave himself up videos, pictures all going around, gardais hit in arm and foot

Read a few articles, but anymore details on how all this actually started? "The gardaí originally attended the address following reports of an incident. The man then blocked himself into the house, firing an automatic weapon at the officers. "

Don't understand why a criminal, rather than actual crazy person would be blasting at Gardai with an automatic weapon. What outcome was he hoping for? Its one way to guarantee an long sentence in our normally lenient system.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

'Criminal' and 'actual crazy person' as you put it, are not mutually exclusive.

• Advertisement

He started firing shots for some reason and the first two detectives responded. He then shot at and wounded them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Plainclothes detectives went over to inform someone (possibly him) that they had information that he was being targeted.

Speculating here: Perhaps he had this information already and when he saw two guys approaching the house he thought he would take them out rather than them take him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

He's was a member of they westies gang, so how the hell does a man with a huge criminal record and is still involved in organized crime have two automatic guns at home?
    Can the garda not do random house/car raids on criminals at this level.
    It's hard to believe that this longterm criminal can have, not one but two firearms at his home and the garda didn't know, care or do anything about it, but yet come and warn him his life is in danger and then get shot!! WTF.
    A leopard and his spots comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Phil.x wrote: »
    He's was a member of they westies gang, so how the hell does a man with a huge criminal record and is still involved in organized crime have two automatic guns at home?

errm... i think you answered your own question there.
    Phil.x wrote: »
    Can the garda not do random house/car raids on criminals at this level.
    It's hard to believe that this longterm criminal can have, not one but two firearms at his home and the garda didn't know, care or do anything about it, but yet come and warn him his life is in danger and then get shot!!

I think they need reasonable suspicion. Can't just go about invading peoples privacy for no reason.

Although, i wonder what reasonable suspicion they had to go bust the chef with osteoporosis down in Cork for €4 of weed.

Thats it in a nutshell, they don't have the resources to man mark these characters with surveillance and intelligence all at once. And getting a warrant for a domicile search has a pretty high bar, its not done on a whim, nor should it be frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Garda helicopter going non stop around Carpenterstown last couple hours. Wonder what's happening

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Maybe he shot because he knew he'd be arrested and put away... ? Safer in custody than out on the streets when there's a threat on your life ..

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Maybe he shot because he knew he'd be arrested and put away... ? Safer in custody than out on the streets when there's a threat on your life ..

Not quite.

I understand he was aware of an imminent threat. When the Guards arrived in plain clothes (jeans and hoodies rather than suit and tie) and an unmarked car, ironically to warn him about said threat, the paranoia overtook and he perceived them as a threat. Anyway, that excuses nothing, the possession and discharge of firearma and the actual bodily harm done to the wounded Guards will see him get 10 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

4.30am and I've been awake for over 35 minutes as something big is clearly going down. What I presume is the Garda helicopter isn't just overhead, it's swooping down so low I thought it was going to come through my roof - I've never heard it so noisy. I'm in Waterville so don't know if it's checking out our woods or if it's over in Corduff.

Advertisement