Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Nothing yet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

It’ll be the week before the end like other years. Curious to see where I’ll get. They randomly moved me last year after a a good few years in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Has anyone been appointed their school or received their timetables yet ?

No I asked yesterday as I need to organise childcare. They said said it will be “shortly”.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Audioh8

Millem wrote: »
    No I asked yesterday as I need to organise childcare. They said said it will be “shortly”.

I received a letter today requesting payment details, is this confirmation I will get some days superintending or is it a blanket letter sent to all applicants?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Have heard nothing either. Must be the latest it has ever been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Have heard nothing either. Must be the latest it has ever been.

My wife got an email from SEC this evening confirming her appointment and some details re training they will need to undertake. The email also says center numbers etc will be issue next week.

Dear Superintendent,

Thank you for accepting an appointment as Superintendent for the 2021 examinations. We are currently in the process of assigning superintendents to centres and you will be notified early next week of your centre number, location and distribution hub details.

For 2021, the SEC has prepared a training video for Superintendents about the conduct of the examinations. In advance of taking up duty all superintendents are required to view the training video and read the General Instructions to Superintendents 2021. Further details in relation to the General Instructions and the training video will issue in your assignment letter.

Combined Media are contracted by the SEC to provide support for the training of Superintendents for the 2021 examinations. You will receive an email invitation from Combined Media to register for, and complete, online Superintendent training closer to the commencement of the examinations. (Please check your junk, spam and promotional mail folders in case the invitation is delivered there). As a condition of your employment as a Superintendent for the state examinations you are required to watch all sections of the training material provided. You will be required to sign, and return, a declaration confirming same at the conclusion of your work (this form will be provided to you in the pack of materials that you will receive on the day you pick up your examination papers from the distribution hub). Once all sections of the training material have been watched initially, individual sections can be re-watched at any time throughout your employment as a Superintendent.

The system maintains a record of the training engaged with by each Superintendent.

It is necessary for us to share with Combined Media, your name and email address, in order for you to participate in the Superintendent training. As part of our Data Privacy Notice, we collect, process and store your personal data as a Superintendent, to discharge the statutory functions of the SEC which includes the sharing of this data with third parties. We will amend the data sharing section of our Record of Processing Activities (ROPA) on our website, to include Combined Media for the 2021 Examinations.

Thank you for your cooperation in relation to this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Superintendents Section

Just got this in an email at 23.19!!

Same here. I wonder how this training is different than the other video we’ve watched previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Does anyone know what happens if we get a date for the vaccine during the exam period? I know normally if you miss a day, they hire a replacement and do they your whole stint then. Will it be the same or will they make an exception?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I applied for the late application on May 7th.
    Nothing back. It's a bit of a joke.
    I had not applied last year thus the late application route.
    Am I just expected to keep availability on the chance I might hear from them the week before?
    I recall years ago they screwed supervisors by changing the milage from home to your school.
    Whichever was shorter.
    Is that still the case??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Am I just expected to keep availability on the chance I might hear from them the week before?
    I recall years ago they screwed supervisors by changing the milage from home to your school.
    Whichever was shorter.
    Is that still the case??

This is still the case with the mileage yeah, it's very unfair

sitstill wrote: »
    This is still the case with the mileage yeah, it's very unfair

Yes. I always request 8km from school and home or else it’s not worth my while. I am minus money as I have to pay for childcare. I am in Dublin.
    I usually make the same money for mileage and subsistence as I do for net pay for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

I applied late too after they put out the request for superintendents in my county and I got confirmation on the 12th so I doubt you'd be called at this stage if you haven't been contacted already.

Thanks Alex. I posted my application on May 5th express post but who knows.
    Can I ask what area you are in?
    I wonder if that made a difference.
    I'm Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Thanks Alex. I posted my application on May 5th express post but who knows.
    Can I ask what area you are in?
    I wonder if that made a difference.
    I'm Dublin.

I sent the application through email on the 6th. I'm not in Dublin.

I just rang them. Assignment letters for those who had applied last year 2020 are going out this week. Thus I might still be called later this week.
    It's a bit of a mess but perhaps it will all come together!
    The lady I spoke to said The may 7th applicants are back up but that's not the way it was presented.
    She was not entirely clear.

Another question :what are the expenses like this year?
    Because of extra collections does that mean extra expenses?!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I usually get a week long centre. Hoping that I get a longer one this year as I'm in one of the supposed in demand counties where there is a shortage but I won't hold my breath.

Given that no centre is closing early this year I’d say that’s a given

‘Early next week’ is not today. My post just came. Nothing from SEC

Might we get this by email again since we have been getting more correspondence by email ?

• Advertisement

The email last week mentions an ‘assignment letter’

I am getting annoyed now. I might send them a withdrawal email.
    It’s beyond a joke now at this stage.

Millem wrote: »
    I am getting annoyed now. I might send them a withdrawal email.
    It’s beyond a joke now at this stage.

Yep. I could understand people being appointed late for written examinations if they were waiting to see how many actually sat the exam but they don’t have that luxury for supervision. They know how many centres are needed. Start assigning people already. I don’t have childcare but I’m sure other people do. However I do have other niggly things I need to get done like getting the car serviced, brining the dog to the vet, signing up for the vaccine this week and I can’t do anything until I know where I am going and what days I am on.

I rang them Monday. They said they were filling in those who applied last year or so they said.
    I have actually changed my mind. The thought of 2 weeks whatever in a classroom.
    I do bits and pieces during the year.

Yep. I could understand people being appointed late for written examinations if they were waiting to see how many actually sat the exam but they don’t have that luxury for supervision. They know how many centres are needed. Start assigning people already. I don’t have childcare but I’m sure other people do. However I do have other niggly things I need to get done like getting the car serviced, brining the dog to the vet, signing up for the vaccine this week and I can’t do anything until I know where I am going and what days I am on.

Absolutely! We all have lives!! They are so inconsiderate. I asked for an LCA centre. My husband wanted to know what time am I collecting the box at! My 2 older kids have no school that day. Who knows?

The more it goes on , the more in holiday mode I’m getting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing in the post here today either.

There are three schools within about one km of me. If I get any of them, they can stick it. A couple of weeks sitting in the sun/wind/cold is getting more and more attractive.

They must have an excess of applicants so they know they can delay. However even by that logic it's running pretty late.

It’s not like them anyway. They are usually over organised to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 BBB25

I received my letter today. Does anyone know how far in km you need to be in order to get the over night fee? I’m placed in a school 1 hour 30 from my home house. 1 hour 10 mins (100km) from the school I teach in. Thanks

Advertisement