Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 - transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

thomasm wrote: »
    Need to change Melier. Have enough for anyone. Most likely clean sheet today ? I’m thinking Alison

Liverpool are the most likely clean sheet yeah, but Casilla probably has the best shout for a 7-10 point score

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭Xander10

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Just worried about his minutes. Bielsa is not sentimental regarding performance. He'll have no bother whipping off Bamford on 58 mins if he's not doing the business, which would be catastrophic.

It's a tough one. Bamford minutes v Antonio's hamstring.

maybe Bamford slightly safer option .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

skippy15 wrote: »
    Ye tough in a straight shoot out I'd go bamford, but ye tactically prob best play it boring,
    Can't decide now whether keep bruno or sell for Kane for a hit and as a blocker too

Fwiw I would sell Bruno. Might backfire but he's not been performing great anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Play Bale or Willock?
    Or drop Calvert-Lewin to bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kabak & DCL -> Creswell & Bamford (captain TAA)

or

Kabak & DCL -> Philips & Bamford (captain Dallas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Made one transfer so far, Robertson in for Digne. I have Antonio, Kane and Iheanacho up front. Are people taking out any of those for a hit for Bamford? Some amount of transfers in for him so far.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Kabak & DCL -> Creswell & Bamford (captain TAA)

or

Kabak & DCL -> Philips & Bamford (captain Dallas)

Rather A there. Why can't you captain TAA in the 2nd option?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is Mane an option if you already have Salah? Seeing a fair few mentions of him around but ill be going from two united to two Liverpool ha.

Is Mane an option if you already have Salah? Seeing a fair few mentions of him around but ill be going from two united to two Liverpool ha.

If I had Bruno I would have put Mane in for him. Think he's the less punty of all the expensive midfield options going forward today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭onrail

Have a 4 point(!) ML lead going into today, but my team is in an absolute shambles with 4 strong rotation doubts - that's after me already transferring out Jota.

Do I take a -4 hit or bank the slender lead!? Team is about 60% similar to the chaser so there's only so much blocking I can do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

claw wrote: »
    Rather A there. Why can't you captain TAA in the 2nd option?

I don't want to over expose Liverpool defence as having double Liverpool defence + Liverpool defender captain. A lot could go wrong there with a Palace goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭R11

Gonna play bench boost... But veltmann injured so need a replacement at similar price.... Alioski? Ayling?

onrail wrote: »
    Have a 4 point(!) ML lead going into today, but my team is in an absolute shambles with 4 strong rotation doubts - that's after me already transferring out Jota.

Do I take a -4 hit or bank the slender lead!? Team is about 60% similar to the chaser so there's only so much blocking I can do!

Thinking Bruno to Mane for the -4 hit by the way

onrail wrote: »
    Thinking Bruno to Mane for the -4 hit by the way

I'm a bit similar with a very small lead and probably 70pc similar. Narrowing it down if I blocked off one player, it comes down to shootout that I am not really confident of with the differentials. In my case I have started to think of it as if we are level. Such small leads obviously do mean something, but being blinded by it is not a good idea I think. I could be totally wrong but that's how I'm going to approach my bamford Antonio choice.

Think today will be a lot easier to deal with anyway. All season if you brought in one player and he blanked, you were waiting for the other guy to haul in the next game on. At least if one hauls early today, the other still has a shot at it.

Is triple Leeds a bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Is there potential for the site to crash later? Did it happen on the last day recently or am i dreaming?

So im gonna go Mane for Bruno and start with Greenwood over Lingard. If Greenwood doesn't play Lingard will so should be fine.

I fancy Mason to get a decent amount of time he seems to be a regular these days and doesn't need the rest as much as others in the team.

I could be totally wrong but I reckon Cavani will start up front for the final so Greenwood might start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Is triple Leeds a bad idea?[/QUOTE]

No, but be aware Llorente is getting rested and he has been responsible for Leeds defensive turnaround in last few months. Leeds treble of attacking assets inc Dallas is what I'm doing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any news on Bruno and Bale would be most welcome - failing any news coming i may stick with Bruno and do Bale/Davis out Raphinha/Bamford in. Rival has Bruno so can't take risk he'll start.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Any news on Bruno and Bale would be most welcome - failing any news coming i may stick with Bruno and do Bale/Davis out Raphinha/Bamford in. Rival has Bruno so can't take risk he'll start.

Opinion almost everywhere is that Bruno won't start, but it seems to be purely opinion (and common sense) rather than hard evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

What would u do here...1. Pepe in for Bruno, no hit...2.Mane in for Bruno and Tierney in for Digne(will be benched anyway) -4 or 3. Pepe in for Bruno and TAA in for Digne -4, bench Rudiger then

There are leaked lineups going around now with no Bruno and Shaw not in them.

However, they do not come from reliable sources (so I’m not gonna even post them) and I find them trickier to believe because of the absence of Rashford in the team. Why wouldn’t Rashford play today when he didn’t on Wednesday?

cizolin wrote: »
    What would u do here...1. Pepe in for Bruno, no hit...2.Mane in for Bruno and Tierney in for Digne(will be benched anyway) -4 or 3. Pepe in for Bruno and TAA in for Digne -4, bench Rudiger then

I don’t know if either of your 2nd transfers in the -4 options genuinely justify the -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Degag wrote: »
    Is there potential for the site to crash later? Did it happen on the last day recently or am i dreaming?

I highly doubt there will be any issues. The start of the season there might be a chance but not the last gameweek with so many dead teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I have Greenwood & Foden who are both uncertain to play. Id like to ship one of them out for someone certain to start (likely Grealish).

Who would people sell?

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I have Greenwood & Foden who are both uncertain to play. Id like to ship one of them out for someone certain to start (likely Grealish).

Who would people sell?

Thats a tough one :pac:

Both have the potential to play and score points today. I stuck with Greenwood myself but i guess it depends on your bench as well.

CSF wrote: »
    There are leaked lineups going around now with no Bruno and Shaw not in them.

However, they do not come from reliable sources (so I’m not gonna even post them) and I find them trickier to believe because of the absence of Rashford in the team. Why wouldn’t Rashford play today when he didn’t on Wednesday?

He got a half-an-hour run out midweek and has been struggling with fitness issues for a lot of the season so Solskjaer may decide to spare him for the final with this game meaning nothing.

Easy Rod wrote: »

Who would people sell?

Greenwood is more likely to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rockstar has already tweeted he'll have nothing today.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Rockstar has already tweeted he'll have nothing today.

Yeah he doesn't get the lineups until 15 minutes beforehand so is no good to us nowadays unfortunately.

Advertisement