Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Eurovision SURLAW [Reveal: 21st May, 8pm]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Didn't watch either of the Semis (never do, I only ever tune in for the final) so won't be changing any of my choices, even if they were butchered when performed live because I'm none the wiser if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why are people revising lists? they're the same songs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The French song is very Edith Piaf one of my favourites for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

ShaneU wrote: »

Some grow on you in a good way, and some grow in the nasty way a fungus does ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ShaneU wrote:
    Why are people revising lists? they're the same songs

Well there was one I really thought I liked from the studio version but the live performance was an absolute mess for example. Then others improved a bit from their studio versions.

Actually really enjoyed the semi finals, I hadn't watched any of the Eurovision live in a few years tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

ShaneU wrote: »

I'm actually of the same opinion, I was judging the songs and not the performances. But I was happy to allow revisions. Everyone can decide themselves how best to judge the songs. There's an awful lot there that I would've given extra points to (and did for our household Eurovision contest) because their staging made the song better.

But all the votes have been cast, the time is up. So [presenter voice]BOARDS! PLEASE STOP VOTING! [presenter voice]

Join us for the big reveal later on tonight at 8pm. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

T-minus 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

T-minus 59 minutes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Really looking forward to this actually

I'm just in rehearsals warming up the vocal chords now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this actually

I'm just in rehearsals warming up the vocal chords now

We were robbed that year... Dustin shoulda won it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Reveal thread is up! Kick off in under an hour.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=117229412#post117229412

Advertisement