Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• mcburns07 wrote: »
    There's more to life than weather though. As much as people complain, our weather is generally alright. I'd love to live somewhere sunnier tho, the regular grey skies we get here can be pretty depressing at times.

And there are regions and communities who dream of the amount of rain we get and how it could improve their lives

• I find Mediterranean weather very bland after a while.

Relentless heat and blue sky. I do love the balmy evenings and low humidity, but it's ultimately boring IMHO.

• A more sub-tropical climate would be perfect for me, warmth and sunshine year round but with some nice big thunderstorms to keep things interesting. Maybe somewhere like Madeira though I've never been

• The shortness of the season is what I hate most about Irish summers. We're 5 weeks off the longest day of the year and it still doesn't feel much better than winter. August is seemingly always a write off so we've maybe got a few weeks in June/July then back to another 10 months of miserable crap. Roll on international travel

I think there's nothing like a nice summer evening in Ireland, but saying that there is something medicinal about a nice sun holiday abroad.

• I have lost all hope with the recent weather, storms and cold temps is not what I think k of for late may..

• Advertisement

• SNNUS wrote: »
    I have lost all hope with the recent weather, storms and cold temps is not what I think k of for late may..

It's Spring....wait for Summer.

• SNNUS wrote: »
    I have lost all hope with the recent weather, storms and cold temps is not what I think k of for late may..

We had similar weather to this from mid June to end of August last summer, plenty of rain and cool temperatures and barely any sunshine. Still 10 days to go to summer. Let's hope this summer is better than last years horror show of a summer.

• It better improve or it wont be only Africans arriving in the Canaries in overcrowded illegal boats

• Gonzo wrote: »
    We had similar weather to this from mid June to end of August last summer, plenty of rain and cool temperatures and barely any sunshine. Still 10 days to go to summer. Let's hope this summer is better than last years horror show of a summer.

Go back through the summer 2020 forum and you’ll find plenty of comical Ali types telling us the weather was glorious!

• A more sub-tropical climate would be perfect for me, warmth and sunshine year round but with some nice big thunderstorms to keep things interesting. Maybe somewhere like Madeira though I've never been

I lived in Brisbane for a while, that's a good description of the weather there. Warm with occasional epic thunderstorms.

• Advertisement

• Go back through the summer 2020 forum and you’ll find plenty of comical Ali types telling us the weather was glorious!

Old threads a bit of bed time reading is it? :pac:

• FWIW, the CFS shows this horrible spell breaking in the last week of May, for a generally HP dominated and below average rainfall June.

Note the blue and green frames respectively at the beginning of each GIF, the current situation is well out of whack in terms of the average:

coOJeAe.gif

Z5uNpAq.gif

• Tentative signs of a settled warmer spell from midweek on.

• Rte only have highs of 13c till next Friday and no sign of sun in Dublin

• Rte only have highs of 13c till next Friday and no sign of sun in Dublin

I can see bits of blue when I look up. Rumour has it that it's not the source of the wet stuff that falls.

Probably only a rumour though.

• This high pressure next week won’t be anything to write home about. We will get a few drier days but sunshine won’t be guaranteed. Not complaining though, we need it. Some newspaper reports claiming that the first week of June will be warm and sunny... anyone who takes that as gospel will be very disappointed.

• esposito wrote: »
    This high pressure next week won’t be anything to write home about. We will get a few drier days but sunshine won’t be guaranteed. Not complaining though, we need it. Some newspaper reports claiming that the first week of June will be warm and sunny... anyone who takes that as gospel will be very disappointed.

I don't know much but weather is normally good around the Leaving Cert every year ;-)

• sgthighway wrote: »
    I don't know much but weather is normally good around the Leaving Cert every year ;-)

Ha one of the great Irish stories!!

• Mod Note: Updated thread title for general Summer chat and observations.

• Showers last night and woke up to the sound of the Cuckoo. Warm night. Heavy cloud cover this morning.
    Co. Leitrim.

• Advertisement

• It's breaking down here in the mid West, hoping the blue skies will return shortly.

• Casement and phoenix park 17 degrees at 9am. Cooler further west with Belmullet at just 10 degrees

• looking at the week ahead, average daytime temp of 14C :(

so much for global warming

• 11am:

Casement 19 degrees
    Knock 10 degrees

• another lovely day and 20C. Still sunny but it's getting more hazy now.

• Haziness clearing here in Dublin 24. Feeling like mid 20s in the back garden. More of this please.

• A cool, dull and wet start to the Summer in Castlebar, barely scrapping 11C.

• 3pm big difference West to East.
    Mace head and Donegal Airport 11c
    Casement 20c. Warmest spot Belfast International airport 22c.

• Wasn’t the best of starts today in cork city with all the cloud cover but it’s turned out to be a fine day with plenty of sun.

• Advertisement

• Forecast should read

Temperatures 18 to 22c but only 10 to 13c in the West.

Its bloody cold today.
    Going to start a record of Summer 2021 today for Sligo and see how to rate it at the end.

So far day 1 cuck.

Advertisement