Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 61c Pizza !

• 20-05-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Before you cook it, Smarten it up a bit ! I throw on extra sauce,mushrooms,grated cheese, tomato,onion,oregano etc...Very tasty pizza indeed. 61c Tesco. :D
    Pizza.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

This is exactly what people mean when they say "it's cheaper to eat crap than healthy". Always found it baffling when people use a €15 takeaway pizza as an example of crap being expensive.

You could buy 25 of these for the price of a medium take-away pizza from Dominos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Homelander wrote: »
    This is exactly what people mean when they say "it's cheaper to eat crap than healthy". Always found it baffling when people use a €15 takeaway pizza as an example of crap being expensive.

You could buy 25 of these for the price of a medium take-away pizza from Dominos

There's cheap crap and there's expensive crap. Here we have examples of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Homelander wrote: »

And still be hungry after eating them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ish66 wrote: »
    Before you cook it, Smarten it up a bit ! I throw on extra sauce,mushrooms,grated cheese, tomato,onion,oregano etc...Very tasty pizza indeed. 61c Tesco. :D
    Pizza.jpg

It's not 61c if you have to add stuff to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Del2005 wrote: »

You don't have to add to it and the other stuff was in the fridge anyway. It's a nice Netflix munch !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

I've had these before and can confirm they are edible! :D

Del2005 wrote: »

And don't forget you have to buy an oven to cook it in and pay for the electricity/gas!

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Buffman wrote: »

And don't forget you have to buy an oven to cook it in and pay for the electricity/gas!
    I had to buy a car to get to Tesco too and petrol !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Think Aldi don Carlos with pepperoni is 60c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭munster87

Ush1 wrote: »
    Think Aldi don Carlos with pepperoni is 60c.

The one in the OP just seems like a rip off now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I'm only after having the 4 cheese one but it was €1.50. I feel ripped off fro being a vegetarian now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,839 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I'm only after having the 4 cheese one but it was €1.50. I feel ripped off fro being a vegetarian now.

A vegetarian hasnt much to fear from the hearty food beeg lasagne lets put it that way!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Thread title should be the 61c Pizza BASE as that's basically all it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aflossj

Someone here in Portobello is slinging these - cooked from their kitchen oven - for a fiver in the square. Profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

...to think, theyre making profit on this @61c :eek:

You can get some genuinely nice pizza for €3 and under, very easily. They're not expensive, in general. I presume this is why pizza places are so common - the mark-up is huge. Very profitable business to get involved in.

I've had this pizza before, though, and wasn't mad about it. Base seemed borderline stale or something, the way it crumbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

What am i missing.

I've watched videos on YouTube of people setting up Pizza making facilities out of their aprtements in NYC over the past year.

Are we so anal with the FSAI that we cannot do a few pizzas for locals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

wandererz wrote: »
    What am i missing.

I've watched videos on YouTube of people setting up Pizza making facilities out of their aprtements in NYC over the past year.

Are we so anal with the FSAI that we cannot do a few pizzas for locals?

We’re lucky to have fsai. Seeing as you bring anal into it. Are you happy for someone to be scratching their arse and making foods to sell to the public from their grubby kitchen? 6 out of 7 people in Europe do not wash their hands after using the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Buffman wrote: »

And if it takes 30 mins, divide your hourly rate in half. Don’t forget to add health insurance too in case you injure yourself

The €15 pizza is working out cheaper all in

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anyone checked the ingredients of 61c pizza to see if its roughly the same as a frozen goodfellas 2/3euro pizza.

supermarkets are ditching these low price loss leaders. 34c toothpaste and 9cent noodles disappeared months ago. and they are the only low price items i buy so could be more

RIP the 61c pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Grim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

This is almost as cruddy a BA as those Laughter Lounge tickets

Almost

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

6 out of 7 people in Europe do not wash their hands after using the toilet.

Wait... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dial Hard wrote: »
    There's cheap crap and there's expensive crap. Here we have examples of both.

I read that in David Attenborough's voice :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Reminds of Alan Partridge and the ten-pence turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

It's pays to eat meat! In this case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

We’re lucky to have fsai. Seeing as you bring anal into it. Are you happy for someone to be scratching their arse and making foods to sell to the public from their grubby kitchen? 6 out of 7 people in Europe do not wash their hands after using the toilet.

how was that study conducted exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Cazale wrote: »
    Reminds of Alan Partridge and the ten-pence turkey.

What a thought.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its a 61c pizza bargain but not if you have to add loads more to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm not a food snob- let me just get that out there. I bought one to try many months ago. There's a reason it's 61c, there's no flavour at all. I'd prefer to spend a little more for something tasty.

• Advertisement

anyone checked the ingredients of 61c pizza to see if its roughly the same as a frozen goodfellas 2/3euro pizza.

supermarkets are ditching these low price loss leaders. 34c toothpaste and 9cent noodles disappeared months ago. and they are the only low price items i buy so could be more

RIP the 61c pizza
    I still had the box. I just emailed Tesco asking them to pass on my Complement's to their Chemist ! :D

Pizza-Ingrediants.jpg

Advertisement