Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Buying] new built greenway - kiltipper D24

• 27-04-2021 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,
    Just said I’d set up a thread on the new estate “Greenway” on the Kiltipper Road. I have recently bought a house there and thought it would be nice to keep updated with progress, the local area etc with my future neighbours :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 blackswanie

Hello,

Hello everyone, I am seeking advice about buying house in a new development on kiltipper Road, D24 would like reviews about location and surroundings in terms of safety. The new development will be immediate beside Thomas Davis GAA all weather pitch.

google greenway-kiltipper-road-kiltipper-dublin

Prices is starting at 400,000 for 3 bed rooms house.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

be quick before Round Hill Capital get their hands on it

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    be quick before Round Hill Capital get their hands on it

hell yeah, any comments about the area ?

Hi there,

I have put a deposit on a house in Greenway Kiltipper, recently.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Notes

threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Cannot believe the prices €400k. It’s absolutely sickening how much houses have gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Liffeyrumours

Thanks for setting up this thread. 😊 we're looking at buying here. There isn't a huge amount of info online. Does anyone have any knowledge other than what's on daft and myhome? Have received floor plans and estate layout from agent but that's all the info I have. I heard through a friend of a friend that there's underfloor heating on the ground floor but not sure if that's true. Any info about the development or the process so far would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hunterwise54

Hi All,

Came across this developement recently. I believe phase 1 is gone. Does anyone know how many units this was?
    Anyone heard when phase 2 is scheduled for?

Location seems ok, if anyone has thoughts about this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Adolols

Hi All,

Came across this developement recently. I believe phase 1 is gone. Does anyone know how many units this was?
    Anyone heard when phase 2 is scheduled for?

Location seems ok, if anyone has thoughts about this too.

As far as I know all phase 2 has gone up

Thanks for setting up this thread. 😊 we're looking at buying here. There isn't a huge amount of info online. Does anyone have any knowledge other than what's on daft and myhome? Have received floor plans and estate layout from agent but that's all the info I have. I heard through a friend of a friend that there's underfloor heating on the ground floor but not sure if that's true. Any info about the development or the process so far would be appreciated.

Yes there is underground heating. Formation homes have also have a development in Limerick called Castletroy Manor - could give and insight into their work!!

• Advertisement

Yes there is underground heating. Formation homes have also have a development in Limerick called Castletroy Manor - could give and insight into their work!!

Phase 1 is the first 15 houses. there is plenty of information available in the planning permission, also GVM provided some specs, but brochure is not finalized yet. first completion should be early next year.

Put down our booking deposit today. Thanks for all the info.

There are 4 phases with 70 units total. The impression I got from the agent was that the 3 beds were all sold out and only two 4 beds units left. (We put a deposit for one of the two today). Not sure if he meant 3 beds were sold out completely or just from the first phase.

Good luck to all. Hope it works out for everyone and we meet as neighbours next year.

Just to follow up on the area - my sister lives nearby in Elder Heath. She's never had any issues. With only 70 units and on the dodder side of kiltipper road, I think (hope) it will be fairly secluded.

Hoping to get the eldest into Firhouse Educate Together. I'm trying to find out if Greenway will be in the catchment area. If not, not sure where we'll send him. Has anyone else thought about schools?

Just to follow up on the area - my sister lives nearby in Elder Heath. She's never had any issues. With only 70 units and on the dodder side of kiltipper road, I think (hope) it will be fairly secluded.

Hoping to get the eldest into Firhouse Educate Together. I'm trying to find out if Greenway will be in the catchment area. If not, not sure where we'll send him. Has anyone else thought about schools?

Greenway Kiltipper is in Firhouse Educate Together catchment area, I have checked the enrollment policy, the map is available on the school site, but I couldn't paste the link.

Greenway Kiltipper is in Firhouse Educate Together catchment area, I have checked the enrollment policy, the map is available on the school site, but I couldn't paste the link.

Thank you so much. I was looking at it too but the link for the catchment area wouldn't open on my phone. That's a relief. He's in an educate together here in lucan. Will be very sorry to move him.

Put down our booking deposit today. Thanks for all the info.

There are 4 phases with 70 units total. The impression I got from the agent was that the 3 beds were all sold out and only two 4 beds units left. (We put a deposit for one of the two today). Not sure if he meant 3 beds were sold out completely or just from the first phase.

Good luck to all. Hope it works out for everyone and we meet as neighbours next year.

Congrats on purchasing today. I missed out on the 1st phase, presume they went on sale jan/feb? Hoping to buy in phase 2 but not sure how many months away that will be. I can imagine they will fly out. Im guessing I will need to stay glued to my phone to receive an email from the estate agent. First come first served and with a small development not sure how hopeful I am.

Any guesses what the 3 beds will be in phase 2? I think someone mentioned 400k for phase 1.

Congrats on purchasing today. I missed out on the 1st phase, presume they went on sale jan/feb? Hoping to buy in phase 2 but not sure how many months away that will be. I can imagine they will fly out. Im guessing I will need to stay glued to my phone to receive an email from the estate agent. First come first served and with a small development not sure how hopeful I am.

Any guesses what the 3 beds will be in phase 2? I think someone mentioned 400k for phase 1.

I'm not sure about phase 2 but the pricelist for phase 1 had the 3 beds listed as 395. Good luck, really hope it all works out. It's so hard at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 daithi_240

Hi all,

Just joined to keep tabs on this development thread. My partner and I recently got approved and we've been looking the past 2 weeks. We drove by this area as we are locals from Tallaght and then seen it was on my home and daft. We have been in contact with Paul the agent looking after this development and he noted there was so much demand for the houses that they had to incorporate units 1-26 as part of phase 1 instead of 1-15 and that all of the units in this phase are now sold bar unit 14.

Units 14 and 15 were left and they look amazing and spacious but we were turned off by the horizontal parking and the entrance to the existing lane beside unit 15 that they are planning. We have registered for cancellations for phase 1 and phase 2 whenever this is launching. I believe Phase 1 will be ready for Q1 2022 so I am assuming phase 2 will be Q3/Q4 of 2022 which is so far away.

Like everybody else, we are still awaiting the finalised brochure but I believe the internal spec will be similar to their build in limerick (formation homes) which is fairly high spec'd. This looks like an ideal area and I believe they are all to be privately bought so I'm keeping my toes and fingers crossed that we get one!

If anyone stumbles across any further information regarding this development that is not online, I would be greatly appreciative if you could point me in the direction of same. Happy house hunting to all and hopefully we can be neighbours one day. Daithi

daithi_240 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just joined to keep tabs on this development thread. My partner and I recently got approved and we've been looking the past 2 weeks. We drove by this area as we are locals from Tallaght and then seen it was on my home and daft. We have been in contact with Paul the agent looking after this development and he noted there was so much demand for the houses that they had to incorporate units 1-26 as part of phase 1 instead of 1-15 and that all of the units in this phase are now sold bar unit 14.

Units 14 and 15 were left and they look amazing and spacious but we were turned off by the horizontal parking and the entrance to the existing lane beside unit 15 that they are planning. We have registered for cancellations for phase 1 and phase 2 whenever this is launching. I believe Phase 1 will be ready for Q1 2022 so I am assuming phase 2 will be Q3/Q4 of 2022 which is so far away.

Like everybody else, we are still awaiting the finalised brochure but I believe the internal spec will be similar to their build in limerick (formation homes) which is fairly high spec'd. This looks like an ideal area and I believe they are all to be privately bought so I'm keeping my toes and fingers crossed that we get one!

If anyone stumbles across any further information regarding this development that is not online, I would be greatly appreciative if you could point me in the direction of same. Happy house hunting to all and hopefully we can be neighbours one day. Daithi

Best of luck. Hope it works out. We have booked one of the 4 beds beside the entrance to the lane but are hoping for a cancellation to move to one of the units behind these with south facing gardens. I'm waiting for confirmation but it looks like there's a private road with into a care home along there so I can't understand why there would be a pedestrian entrance. Are they putting in a new lane does anyone know? I was advised phase 2 is due for completion in June 22. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

I’ve put my girl down for the Gaelscoil in Firhouse and Scoil Carmel too.

I'm not sure about phase 2 but the pricelist for phase 1 had the 3 beds listed as 395. Good luck, really hope it all works out. It's so hard at the moment.

Phase 2 saw the 3 beds rise to 399 - I rang out of nosiness 😂

Best of luck. Hope it works out. We have booked one of the 4 beds beside the entrance to the lane but are hoping for a cancellation to move to one of the units behind these with south facing gardens. I'm waiting for confirmation but it looks like there's a private road with into a care home along there so I can't understand why there would be a pedestrian entrance. Are they putting in a new lane does anyone know? I was advised phase 2 is due for completion in June 22. Hope this helps.

Just jumping in here. So are you saying the main entrance to the estate is beside unit 15? We’re going to be overlooking the football pitch. I like the fact it’ll be a sprawling view of mountains etc but nervous of noise etc Also have parallel parking so best brush up my parking skills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

I don't live nearby (I live in Dundrum) but I have used that greenway frequently to head up to the bohernabreena reservoir.

For what it is worth I have never encountered even a hint of trouble on that greenway (or indeed on the bohernabreena reservoir). Everybody using it seemed friendly and not so much as an aggressive/belligerent/unfriendly facial expression, never mind any snide comments or anything physical. Seems like a decent pleasant area. Similarly the greenway along the dodder from the opposite side of the old bawn road to ballyboden St. Endas.

Also for what it's worth I am male in late forties, so I suppose not the prime demographic troublemakers would be looking to intimidate.

The walk/cycle around the reservoirs is a nice amenity to have on your doorstep too. Would not bring an expensive road bike up there though, quite muddy and sandy in parts. If i am heading up there i use my hybrid commuter. I have done it on road bike and it is certainly doable, but my road bike deserve better care and attention than to be dragged around there imo.

Adolols wrote: »
    Just jumping in here. So are you saying the main entrance to the estate is beside unit 15? We’re going to be overlooking the football pitch. I like the fact it’ll be a sprawling view of mountains etc but nervous of noise etc Also have parallel parking so best brush up my parking skills :)

Ha me too! At least it's not like town where you have a row of cars waiting behind you. I think to the left of unit 15 as you're looking at it - there's going to be a gap into the road the runs parallel to the estate. I've had a look on Google maps and it looks like the private entrance road to the care home that's at the back of Ellensborough. So I'm not sure why there would be access from Greenway estate. Have queried with the agent. This gap is noted as a wayleave on the most recent plan I've seen. According to google that's access for the supply of utilities like broadband. So this doesn't sound like an entryway. But on the planing application it's marked as a "potential link". If I get anything confirmed I'll let you know.

Ha me too! At least it's not like town where you have a row of cars waiting behind you. I think to the left of unit 15 as you're looking at it - there's going to be a gap into the road the runs parallel to the estate. I've had a look on Google maps and it looks like the private entrance road to the care home that's at the back of Ellensborough. So I'm not sure why there would be access from Greenway estate. Have queried with the agent. This gap is noted as a wayleave on the most recent plan I've seen. According to google that's access for the supply of utilities like broadband. So this doesn't sound like an entryway. But on the planing application it's marked as a "potential link". If I get anything confirmed I'll let you know.

I wouldn’t imagine it is a main entrance, it just wouldn’t make sense really. But do please let me know if you find out. That road is the one to the nursing home. The lane is very quiet at least as it’s just the nursing home down there. I wonder is the main entrance by unit 8 so?

It looks like the main entrance is beside unit 8 but there will be two entrances from what I can tell leading from the nursing home lane. I was also questioning the reason for this, the estate beside the lane is Ellensborough and there is no link into that estate from the lane so unsure why greenway have to have a link. For health and safety reason maybe one main entrance in and out is not allowed?

No the main entrance is to the units where 9/10 are adjacent the astro pitch. But there is a walkway entrance from the existing lane up to the nursing home right beside unit 15 and also a bit further up near the ramps if you look at the arch plans in detail. I'm not sure why they put a walkway into this lane way right beside a house bit concerning for me and was a turn off.

daithi_240 wrote: »
    No the main entrance is to the units where 9/10 are adjacent the astro pitch. But there is a walkway entrance from the existing lane up to the nursing home right beside unit 15 and also a bit further up near the ramps if you look at the arch plans in detail. I'm not sure why they put a walkway into this lane way right beside a house bit concerning for me and was a turn off.

May I ask why the walkway entrance puts you off?

• Advertisement

Adolols wrote: »
    May I ask why the walkway entrance puts you off?

Ah I'm probably just thinking too pessimisticly that any Tom dick and Harry can walk by your door / window or cause a bit of mischief and run straight into the alley way for a quick get away - but could be just over thinking the worst possible outcome!

Just seen a comment there from Fian saying he's never seen or heard of any trouble in that lane way which is good news.

Advertisement