Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Sewing Bee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jeepers, started sewing in lockdown - and is on sewing bee?

This cannot end well.....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I love that bee fabric!
    But I don't love the fella using it.

What a plonker!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

But I don't love the fella using it.

What a plonker!

Did he just blag his way on or does he actually see?
    I haven't sewn in years but I would have thought they all should be able to follow the basic pattern. Assume its first day nerves!

The cat lady :eek::eek:

The cat lady :eek::eek:

Lol matching outfits. If I tried that with my cat she would have my hand off!

• Advertisement

Lol matching outfits. If I tried that with my cat she would have my hand off!
    Ha!

There's a worrying amount of animals featuring in this so far..... (and I'm an animal lover!)

This show needs an x-rating!!!

They must have been REALLY bored!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Those last two outfits. :D Poor Patrick

Buffet dress?

Bouffée dress?

Never heard of it!

Looks very Cos.

Buffet dress?

Bouffée dress?

Never heard of it!

Looks very Cos.

I know they said they are forgiving but I think they make you look bigger than you are!

• Advertisement

I know they said they are forgiving but I think they make you look bigger than you are!
    They're horrible!

I'd never get a tap of work done in that workshop - I'd spend the day watching boats going up and down the river!

I like Adam's paisley chiffon one. Looks like a holiday dress - if anyone remembers holidays!

The first two were nice!

These all look far better on humans than in the pictures....

Rebecca's wasn't very bouffée!

Fitted down past the hips, thought it was meant to hide a multitude??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The sewing standard wasn't very good.

Two or three of them could easily have gone...I'm actually surprised they were chosen to start with.

I liked serena's top and dress.

I wouldn't have chosen that dress as garment of the week....though I think it was the colour that really wasn't to my taste.

The dinner lady and cat lady seem slightly bonkers.

It looked kind of like they went out and rounded up the first 10 people who'd agree to be on the show, tbh!

Shockingly low standard, and some right headcases among them (even allowing for the "personalities" they usually select for these shows)

I can only assume that Covid forced them to lower their standards this year....

Still, I'd rather have it on than not!!

Oh I think it will be entertaining :D

The 3 guys raph, maths teacher and cruise entertainer know their stuff, serena too.

The others are comedy purposes :)

Oh I think it will be entertaining :D

The 3 guys raph, maths teacher and cruise entertainer know their stuff, serena too.

The others are comedy purposes :)
    The young Scottish girl (was she Serena? can't remember her name) is def one to watch, if she can overcome her nerves.

The young Scottish girl (was she Serena? can't remember her name) is def one to watch, if she can overcome her nerves.

Yeah she did the white with black hand painted polka dot top ....think she's in medical school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very fun first episode.
    Love Joe Lycett and the judges.

Biggest shock that woman who went is 62?!? Jeepers I would have said 40s!

It isn't quite my favourite reality show (still pottery throwdown!) But still really enjoyable

gmisk wrote: »
    Very fun first episode.
    Love Joe Lycett and the judges.

Biggest shock that woman who went is 62?!? Jeepers I would have said 40s!

It isn't quite my favourite reality show (still pottery throwdown!) But still really enjoyable

She looks fantastic for 62!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She looks fantastic for 62!!!!
    Doesn't she!
    Must be the burlesque

Episode was abit boring I thought.

I liked the garment of the week, but the top button had me totally perplexed...I liked that neckline but I was questioning should the button be closed, did they make a mistake in measurement. I think I would have left that neckline without the"flap"

Again I think Serena, cruise guy and raph are the main contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Enjoyed it....Damian sould really start reading instructions..twice now they've said it to him..he'll be in their radar now....a few cock-ups this week.....Serena's dress was class alright..flap or not...:)

Time for this weeks stitch and bitch :)
    Adam's final outfits were my favourite the last 2 weeks so see how he does tonight!

Menswear though mehh lol

Aww, those romper suits are soooooo cute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sorry but i have to call foul on the garment of the week...the brief was a Unisex childs rain coat.......i dont know if ANY parent could get their little boy to wear a coat with rainbows , unicorns and a pink ponytail....
    The inside-outside one was a clear winner for me..

No offence to anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Sorry but i have to call foul on the garment of the week...the brief was a Unisex childs rain coat.......i dont know if ANY parent could get their little boy to wear a coat with rainbows , unicorns and a pink ponytail....
    The inside-outside one was a clear winner for me..

No offence to anyone....

I just thought the ponytail would get soaking and gross, whether on a boy or a girl. Just a bit impractical imo. I loved the one with the clear layer over the fish. It was really cute.

• Advertisement

neonsofa wrote: »
    I just thought the ponytail would get soaking and gross, whether on a boy or a girl. Just a bit impractical imo. I loved the one with the clear layer over the fish. It was really cute.
    Andrew's reversible one was the only one that looked like it wasn't horribly misshapen, and even it looked far too tight on the shoulders/upper body..... I thought the fit was awful on them all!

Advertisement