Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Sewing Bee

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Andrew's reversible one was the only one that looked like it wasn't horribly misshapen, and even it looked far too tight on the shoulders/upper body..... I thought the fit was awful on them all!

Yes they all looked very ill fitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

neonsofa wrote: »
    I just thought the ponytail would get soaking and gross, whether on a boy or a girl. Just a bit impractical imo. I loved the one with the clear layer over the fish. It was really cute.

I really don't like seeing big embellishments like that on kids clothes. I always think they'll catch in something...swing/slide door etc and give themselves an awful injury.

Plus getting filthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Serena is looking fairly unstoppable in this now, unless she has a major cock-up on some garment.

I'd say the two judges would love to wring Damien's neck at this stage! I know i would!!

I love Esme more and more every week :D

Can't believe Damien is still there!!

I thought the concept of Serenas dress was lovely but I thought the front was too long.

Andrews dress with those bows, Jesus they'd wreck your head having them on your wrist, seriously impractical.

I liked Rebecca's dress but I'd wear that to the office, the office party I'd like something more dressy, but a good dress to bring you from day to evening if you weren't out "for the night" .

Damien's dress was very "Jessica Pearson" of Suits. I liked it, it's probably the only item he's made that I thought he deserves to be on the show.

Can't believe Damien is still there!!

I thought the concept of Serenas dress was lovely but I thought the front was too long.

Andrews dress with those bows, Jesus they'd wreck your head having them on your wrist, seriously impractical.

I liked Rebecca's dress but I'd wear that to the office, the office party I'd like something more dressy, but a good dress to bring you from day to evening if you weren't out "for the night" .

Damien's dress was very "Jessica Pearson" of Suits. I liked it, it's probably the only item he's made that I thought he deserves to be on the show.

Was that the green dress with lace overlay? I thought that was absolutely fabulous! Waaaay better than Raph's, I was sure it'd get garment of the week!

• Advertisement

Was that the green dress with lace overlay? I thought that was absolutely fabulous! Waaaay better than Raph's, I was sure it'd get garment of the week!

Yeah it was.

I liked Faries one too, the purple dress, very elegant.

I think Raph got his for technical difficulty, but to me between the colour and brocade that was more a wedding dress for registry office/second marriage/older marriage than an office party.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I think Rafe will win although I didn’t like his dress , or serena’s
    I thought Rebecca’s was lovely. I didn’t like damians but I thought it was well made and his model is fabulous - she rocked it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Anyone but Damien for me . He annoys me every week with his pretending to be winging it .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Anyone but Damien for me . He annoys me every week with his pretending to be winging it .

There's a part of me who thinks he's a "plant" . He should have gone weeks ago.

While Andrew made mistakes he also made an effort. Damien's scarf challenge was absolutely take the pi$$ , (though I did actually like it minus the ribbon and flowers) but not a whole lot of thought went into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Not many left know. Unless Serena sets fire to the place or sticks a scissors in a judge this has to be hers to lose

• Advertisement

Only tuning in now..... agree with the post above!

On the recap from last week.... while Damien's made to measure dress was great and a fabulous fit..... could it really have been less festive???

Rebecca's gold dress is fab. Damien has to go surely!

Rebecca's dress was indeed fab!

As was Farie's..... absolute queen of the Made to Measure, week after week - but give her a pattern and a time limit, disaster.

Serena, on the other hand - give her a pattern and just let her off!

Thanks be to gawd Damien is finally gone, and kudos to the judges for finding so many nice things to say about him. I'd say he absolutely broke their hearts!!

Thanks be to gawd Damien is finally gone, and kudos to the judges for finding so many nice things to say about him. I'd say he absolutely broke their hearts!!

Ah but he was enjoying himself! I'd say he was stunned to still be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Its ok winging it if you do a good job otherwise you just make yourself look stupid.....which is what happened most weeks....
    Serena was a bit taken aback imo....but i was delighted Rebecca stole her perfectly stitched crown....:P

Do you think Patrick told her to cut off the hem on her dress.....??

It's the final! Predictions? Serena for me but it could be a close contest with Raph :)

It's the final! Predictions? Serena for me but it could be a close contest with Raph :)

Same for me!

Raph or Serena for me . I like that Raph started making masks !

Aww, that just had me blubbing as well!!

Serena and Raph completely neck and neck.... dun dun dun......

• Advertisement

Serena and Raph completely neck and neck.... dun dun dun......

Serenas pattern is very plain and a bit ordinary. Thought she might have found something a bit more wow

Serenas pattern is very plain and a bit ordinary. Thought she might have found something a bit more wow

I hate her fabric, yellow is such a difficult colour....

Is Rebecca sneaking up on the inside rail.....????

Is Rebecca sneaking up on the inside rail.....????

Her dress is the nicest imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I wouldn't wear Raphs dress but I like the quirkiness of it and the fact he didn't choose to make something simple .

Joe just has the kindest, loveliest smile!!

Rebecca won that round hands down for me.

I'm really afraid Serena might have blown it....
    Although they seem to love the making of it.

Ah, I'm delighted for Serena!!

She really grew during the whole series, her confidence compared to the first episode - you'd barely recognise her!

The emotion of them all when their models arrived really emphasised the sacrifice they'd all made to make the series - fair play to every one of them.

Now what to do on a Wednesday night?? :(

Delighted for Serena . I didn’t like the yellow dress but it was very well made . I thought Rebeccas red carpet dress was gorgeous but Raphs looks cheap and tatty

Serenas needs to go into some sort of micro surgery when she qualifies and use her sewing skills !!

• Advertisement

I hate her fabric, yellow is such a difficult colour....

It really didn't suit the models skin tone either. It would be stunning on a dark skin tone.

Rebecca's dress was the nicest by far for me. I think the transformation challenge let her down as it was too "safe".

Raphs dress looked like it had been made from red binliners, didn't like it at all.

It was no surprise for Serena to win she was so consistent through the whole competition. Delighted for her.

Advertisement