Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Where do you put the discount code? I went through the whole process and could not find a single place to put it... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

AnFearEile wrote: »
    Hi all,
    For anyone lucky enough to have got the phone from VF, did anyone sign up to the free 3 months YouTube Premium and how did you go about it?
    Or does it apply here at all?
    Thanks.

I had a 4 month YT Premium trial before, I think the offers regularly come and go and it's not phone dependant?

grogi wrote: »
    Where do you put the discount code? I went through the whole process and could not find a single place to put it... :|

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117123267&postcount=774

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AnFearEile

rizzee wrote: »
    I had a 4 month YT Premium trial before, I think the offers regularly come and go and it's not phone dependant?

Think the offer is only a month if not phone dependant?
    Found some info here https:// store.google.com/ie/terms/subscription_promo_terms but still unsure how to avail of it.

AnFearEile wrote: »
    Think the offer is only a month if not phone dependant?
    Found some info here https:// store.google.com/ie/terms/subscription_promo_terms but still unsure how to avail of it.

I got it for 4 months previously (I remember it was specifically 4 months - a strange number for a free trial!), maybe it was with a new phone back then, I swap phones so often that could have easily been the reason :)

Sorry, I can't help much with this. I'm in the YT App now on my Pixel but there's no sign of any sort of free month promotion, straight into the payment screen. But again, it's probably because I availed of the free offer before.

Hope you get it sorted!

• Advertisement

Nice little 2 pack of skins from EasySkinz delivered today. Less than €9 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tmh106

Nice little 2 pack of skins from EasySkinz delivered today. Less than €9 delivered.
    What's the difference between a skin and a cover/case? Does the skin protect the phone or do I need a cover/case for that? If skin is not for protection is it only for aesthetics? Thanks.

tmh106 wrote: »
    What's the difference between a skin and a cover/case? Does the skin protect the phone or do I need a cover/case for that? If skin is not for protection is it only for aesthetics? Thanks.

Yes.

Purely to change the colour of the phone and can either hide or prevent scratches on the back. I have it put in a clear gel case anyway, plus a glass protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone use one of the official cases? I was thinking of getting one, but €30 is about the cheapest I can find one :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Anyone use one of the official cases? I was thinking of getting one, but €30 is about the cheapest I can find one :eek:

Not sold on the look of them. I've always went for Spigen cases, only available for the pixel 4a on the Amazon.de website. Great quality and look good (albeit quite plain) https://www.amazon.de/s?k=spigen+pixel+4a&ref=nb_sb_noss

manlad wrote: »
    Not sold on the look of them. I've always went for Spigen cases, only available for the pixel 4a on the Amazon.de website. Great quality and look good (albeit quite plain) https://www.amazon.de/s?k=spigen+pixel+4a&ref=nb_sb_noss

Can't go wrong with a Spigen. Another brand to look for is Ringke. Really, really good cases at an affordable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Spigen cases are a bit too rugged and colourless for what I'm looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I had the original case on my 3a, loved it tbf. Would get another for the 4a if the price wasn't so high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

What version is that white, matte?

bidiots wrote: »
    What version is that white, matte?

Yep. Got it on sale on the last BH weekend but just got delivered today. Came with a back only skin (applied) and also one that wraps around the sides too.

I'm loving the Pixel but finding the 4a too small, gonna pick up a 4a 5g as it's 6.2 inch. Pity the 100e off by Google has ended. Anyone know of any other deals on it?

I'm loving the Pixel but finding the 4a too small, gonna pick up a 4a 5g as it's 6.2 inch. Pity the 100e off by Google has ended. Anyone know of any other deals on it?

Gshock adverts €399

Gshock adverts €399

Perfect, thanks so much

Perfect, thanks so much

No problem. I've bought 30+ phones off him over the years for myself, family and friends and can highly recommend. Never any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The 5A is rumoured to be announced soon so might be worth holding out a few weeks for that and see what happens. If you want to sell that 4a drop me a PM I might be interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Got one of the Pixel 4a from Vodafone for €279.99. It was for a friend who doesn't want it now. The box was open but never used. Happy to pass it on at cost price if anyone wants it.

talkabout wrote: »
    Got one of the Pixel 4a from Vodafone for €279.99. It was for a friend who doesn't want it now. The box was open but never used. Happy to pass it on at cost price if anyone wants it.

Might be better for you to throw it on Adverts as a lot of people here are aware of the €179

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Be prepared to accept less than cost price,once the seal is broken the value drops a good bit.

Box was opened but never used (can this be proven? or just your word ?) I have seen adverts claim perfect condition like new .... And scratches are visible in the pics, I have seen people advertising clothing saying never worn, but the pic is of the seller wearing the item.

As has been said, try adverts or Facebook marketplace and hope you find someone that doesn't know they were on sale at €179 (I assume you are giving a receipt showing you paid €279 in your advert)

Be prepared to accept less than cost price,once the seal is broken the value drops a good bit.

Box was opened but never used (can this be proven? or just your word ?) I have seen adverts claim perfect condition like new .... And scratches are visible in the pics, I have seen people advertising clothing saying never worn, but the pic is of the seller wearing the item.

As has been said, try adverts or Facebook marketplace and hope you find someone that doesn't know they were on sale at €179 (I assume you are giving a receipt showing you paid €279 in your advert)

The receipts that come with the VF Pixels don't have a price. Kachinggg!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

The code for €100 didnt work for me but its still good value at €279.99 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Buffman

If you're within the 14 day cooling off period you can return it.

https://n.vodafone.ie/support/orders.html

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I got a refund from the bank due to non-delivery of phone from Vodafone.

Dealing with Vodaphone support across all platforms (phone/store/chat) truly was a horrific process. There is a very deep rooted issue with their support teams, which makes them entirely dysfunctional across the board. All they care about is moving you along to the next person because “computer says no”.

I would strong urge anyone to seriously re-consider before taking advantage of any future Vodafone “bargains”. Many cancelled orders, and pure pain with the one that got through. It simply isn’t worth it. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

JDxtra wrote: »
    I got a refund from the bank due to non-delivery of phone from Vodafone.

Dealing with Vodaphone support across all platforms (phone/store/chat) truly was a horrific process. There is a very deep rooted issue with their support teams, which makes them entirely dysfunctional across the board. All they care about is moving you along to the next person because “computer says no”.

I would strong urge anyone to seriously re-consider before taking advantage of any future Vodafone “bargains”. Many cancelled orders, and pure pain with the one that got through. It simply isn’t worth it. Avoid.

They are fine to deal with in the shop. Online shopping experience is a thrill - you never know what will happen next :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I don't care how tempting the offer is im never ordering off this site again.

Advertisement