Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

They spend so much time adding and removing things, changing things. You still can't buy a phone on the website. The guy in charge of the website is a busy fool. Making random changes to fill up the work day.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Dudes a well known WUM

Ignore

Are you referring to me?

Whats a WUM?

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    He didn't do anything different. There is no figuring out to be done, the website is a troll.

Exactly.

Just logged into my voda account and paid with revolut

Orders went through no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

Are you referring to me?

Whats a WUM?

Wind Up Merchant.

Are you familiar with the concept ?

long_b wrote: »
    Wind Up Merchant.

Are you familiar with the concept ?

I am, but I never heard the abbreviation :)

I did get 3 pixels though.

Theres a load of them on adverts from people doing what I did and reselling them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Have they removed the promotional code box for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

RedRochey wrote: »
    Have they removed the promotional code box for everyone?

The Vodafone discount reward isn't in the Irish Life app any more either.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

As far as I’m aware the promotion was finishing on may 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

long_b wrote: »
    The Vodafone discount reward isn't in the Irish Life app any more either.

Irish life probably regretting getting involved with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

For anyone successful in getting a phone, did it come unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

benji79 wrote: »
    For anyone successful in getting a phone, did it come unlocked?

Yep, though vodafone staff in store advised it would not. I believe all Google phones are unlocked.

manlad wrote: »
    Yep, though vodafone staff in store advised it would not. I believe all Google phones are unlocked.

They're not, but this one from Vodafone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They're not, but this one from Vodafone is.

The one I got was not network locked at all, works fine with any SIM I want.

When did you get yours that was network locked?

The one I got was not network locked at all, works fine with any SIM I want.

When did you get yours that was network locked?

I think you misread what I said. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

There are lot of pixel 4a on adverts for sale now. seems lot of people got it for 179 and put on it for sale. I was looking one for my own use but couldn't get even after trying 16 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    There are lot of pixel 4a on adverts for sale now. seems lot of people got it for 179 and put on it for sale. I was looking one for my own use but couldn't get even after trying 16 times.

i ordered with code VF0013 yesterday received phone today, i used my own vodafone sim,,i had tired with a lycra sim and didnt work and was cancelled. This code must be for vodafone customers only, discount at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Will your phone actually port over to VF by using a real phone number for this offer? Going to try one last time for the heck of it.

When would you like to switch?
    Your mobile service will be down for up to 20 minutes.
    Tick
    As soon as possible
    On a specific date
    Select Date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's been said a few times here, there is no need to port any number to VF for this offer. Personally I would not even attempt that option because who knows what VF would end up doing with the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Will your phone actually port over to VF by using a real phone number for this offer? Going to try one last time for the heck of it.

When would you like to switch?
    Your mobile service will be down for up to 20 minutes.
    Tick
    As soon as possible
    On a specific date
    Select Date

I got mine by selecting 'New customer'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Got one on Friday, very good for €179. I'm switching from iPhone so getting used to it
    I also moved my number from Vodafone to An post, Vodafone annoyed me so much trying to order the phone I took it and ran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

maddog1983 wrote: »
    i ordered with code VF0013 yesterday received phone today, i used my own vodafone sim,,i had tired with a lycra sim and didnt work and was cancelled. This code must be for vodafone customers only, discount at checkout.

Pardon my ignorance, but where might one enter this code? Been through nearly the whole checkout procedure and didn't spot it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

gaffmaster wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but where might one enter this code? Been through nearly the whole checkout procedure and didn't spot it.

Thanks.

Offer ended on 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, both my friend and I put in separate orders for this last week. I got the order confirmation and money taken from my account, but nothing since. No cancellation email, no shipment email and no phone. I've seen posts here of others having to wait 8 days for a refund, but that was after receiving a cancellation email. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced the same and gotten either the phone, or a refund without having to get onto customer service?

I've never seen a cancellation email from them. Log into the account you used to order and check the status there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks, both my friend and I put in separate orders for this last week. I got the order confirmation and money taken from my account, but nothing since. No cancellation email, no shipment email and no phone. I've seen posts here of others having to wait 8 days for a refund, but that was after receiving a cancellation email. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced the same and gotten either the phone, or a refund without having to get onto customer service?

I must have put in about 10 different orders. All eventually refunded but I never once got a cancellation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ahw damn, good and bad to hear at the same time, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I had to phone the bank to get my first order unstuck. Ordered on the 17th but didn't get any confirmation emails. VF Web Chat told me it was cancelled on the 26th and a refund would take 5 days. I contacted them again on the 10th and was told to check my bank statements :rolleyes: Rang the bank yesterday evening and it was no longer pending this morning.

My phone that shipped on April 25th was lost (i.e. stolen) by someone in An Post. Now I'm dealing with Vodafone for a refund/replacement. Jesus, what a disaster.

Never dealing with Vodafone again regardless of the "bargain". You'll pay more in pain and suffering if anything goes wrong!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JDxtra wrote: »
    My phone that shipped on April 25th was lost (i.e. stolen) by someone in An Post. Now I'm dealing with Vodafone for a refund/replacement. Jesus, what a disaster.

Never dealing with Vodafone again regardless of the "bargain". You'll pay more in pain and suffering if anything goes wrong!

I had something similar with a different company before. They wanted me to do all sorts of shíte before they would refund. Then when I'd do it they would ask me to do more. I gave up with them and asked my bank for a chargeback. That was a lot more straightforward and got it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AnFearEile

Hi all,
    For anyone lucky enough to have got the phone from VF, did anyone sign up to the free 3 months YouTube Premium and how did you go about it?
    Or does it apply here at all?
    Thanks.

Advertisement