Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 11-05-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭

Potential transfer below:

Bruno & Vardy > Mane & DCL for a -4.

Could go all out and bring in TAA for -8.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've 2 frees and I'm considering going down the -8 route aswell.

Assuming Forster doesn't start at the weekend (which if he starts tonight seems unlikely based on Hassenhuttl's talk) I'll only have 7 for the weekend.

Mendy, Castagne, Vardy and Iheanacho are guys who won't have games this week, and also don't look like great options for 37 and 38 to me (I think there is a real chance Kepa starts 37 like they did with post semi-finals and either way Leicester and Villa usually score in the games they play anyway)

So if I was to take 4 guys from a shortlist of maybe Pickford, Ederson, Fabianski, Meslier, Digne, Dallas, Cancelo, Cresswell, Calvert Lewin, Antonio, Bamford (yes there appears to be a trend in the teams that I'm targetting) this feels like a -8 that I might pay back over the final 3 weeks for change.

Open to people's ideas on which 4 players that might be (or if people have other ideas)

My current squad is the below and I figure to finish this week in and around 10k.

Mendy Forster
    Shaw Phillips Reguillon Castagne Holding
    Salah Bruno Jota Lingard Traore (the Villa one)
    Kane Iheanacho Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CSF wrote: »

So if I was to take 4 guys from a shortlist of maybe Pickford, Ederson, Fabianski, Meslier, Digne, Dallas, Cancelo, Cresswell, Calvert Lewin, Antonio, Bamford (yes there appears to be a trend in the teams that I'm targetting) this feels like a -8 that I might pay back over the final 3 weeks for change.

Open to people's ideas on which 4 players that might be (or if people have other ideas)

My current squad is the below and I figure to finish this week in and around 10k.

Mendy Forster
    Shaw Phillips Reguillon Castagne Holding
    Salah Bruno Jota Lingard Traore (the Villa one)
    Kane Iheanacho Vardy

I think that Castagnes fixtures now arent great and plus if Evans is still injured then that Leciester defence will be in a mess like it was v Newcastle last Friday. Also Cresswell on your watch list went off injured v Everton so be wary of what Moyes says, he hasnt been forthcoming with return dates for injured players before. He said Cresswell is nearly there a couple of weeks back and then he didnt even feature in the squad the day after.

Next two fixtures for Everton look good but the final day of the season they are away to a Man City who will be getting presented the PL trophy that day and will have some fans in the stadium. If City turn on the style I wouldnt want Pickford/Digne anywhere near that game. Ederson a good shout for a few clean sheets if you've got the money. Would also see what is happening with Raphiha as Leeds are back to good fixtures for the end of the season and Id hope that Bielsa wont let them put their feet up. Im thinking of getting Raphinha and Bamford back myself, only worry is Rodrigo is back so Bamfords minutes might get limited, Bielsa has subbed him in the last 2 games, once pre-60.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Maddison has been unproductive since he came back from injury so was determined to get him out and banked a transfer so I could go for Alexander-Arnold and him to Salah and Mitchell. Looking at the last Liverpool game though made me question if Salah would get much more than Alexander-Arnold in the last few games so have changed my mind and shipped out Maddison and Semedo for Bale and Dallas. Made the move even before Semedo was dropped to the bench this week. Dallas has been in an attacking midfield position at times and Leeds are more solid defensively in recent games and Bale seems to be getting himself sharp for the Euros and playing more so think they are both worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bruno and Vardy to Kane and Son/Bale. Might also do Nacho to Antonio/Bamford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sounds like Maguire is out for the rest of season so him out probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’ll either do

-Shaw to Dallas for free or
    -Rudiger and Greenwood to Dallas and Raphinha

Hoping Leeds can live up to the expectation given the nice final fixture run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Nacho to Antonio done with FT

Should have 11 starters with nothing on the bench unless i take a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Catagne for digne tomorrow night as planned barring injuries, but that zaha might just get sold out of spite while I'm at it,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have only 6 players for next week so a -12 is on the cards.

Kane, Bale, Dallas, Antonio, Bamford, Ings all on radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Going to get rid of Ricardo and going to love every second of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Have 11 players but probably still going to do Iheanacho to Antonio later this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Vardy and Zaha out. Even though Zaha has a game he is a waste of a slot at this point. They are both just phoning it in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking like a hit for Maguire and Iheanacho out for Dallas and Antonio.

Would love to get rid of Schmeichel but don't think it's worth a -8......my WC goalkeeper options of him and Forster has been a disaster

What game is Ollie Watkins going to be suspended for, is it the Palace one in the next gameweek? If so think I'll move him on and get back on Bamford who has good fixtures and should be eager to try get himself an England spot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What game is Ollie Watkins going to be suspended for, is it the Palace one in the next gameweek? If so think I'll move him on and get back on Bamford who has good fixtures and should be eager to try get himself an England spot

it's the game tomorrow night (v Everton) so he's back for GW36.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

With all my frustration with Zaha, I might actually keep him for the week in the hope he is a differential.

Might sell Lingard instead maybe?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    it's the game tomorrow night (v Everton) so he's back for GW36.

ah right for some reason had it in my head it was the Palace game next week he is suspended for. I guess that means he is returning me a grand total of -1 for his double gameweek, what a fail. Might still be worth keeping him for the Palace game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Trying to plan it out , lots I want to do but not sure which to prioritise. Is son a necessity ? Spurs on the beach a bit? Was going to move Kane on but I'll hold him for Wolves.

Thinking of doing Mendy to Pickford, Iheanacho to DCL and Mount to someone, likely Raphinha for a -4. Set me up for the run in pretty much.

Do I need a keeper at all this week really is my issue. I know if I get Pickford I'll want to move him on for the city game... But if city play a very rotated side and Everton need points it might work out.

Might captain DCL against Sheff Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Can see Burnley taking points off Leeds -they will score for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Fernandes to Bale (c). Ihenacho to Ings

• Advertisement

So would you play with no keeper and take a chance on Forster? It would be meslier or Pickford in and likely a minus 4. Even if they keep a cleanie it's still only a 2 point gain on if I had done nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    So would you play with no keeper and take a chance on Forster? It would be meslier or Pickford in and likely a minus 4. Even if they keep a cleanie it's still only a 2 point gain on if I had done nothing....
    Well if we take Hassenhuttl at his word, we've already been told Forster doesn't play this weekend. So unless he goes back on this in a presser I can see myself going with a different goalkeeper strategy with the aim of making those 4 points back over the course of the next 3 weeks (rather than looking at it this week alone).

CSF wrote: »
    Well if we take Hassenhuttl at his word, we've already been told Forster doesn't play this weekend. So unless he goes back on this in a presser I can see myself going with a different goalkeeper strategy with the aim of making those 4 points back over the course of the next 3 weeks (rather than looking at it this week alone).

Evening sir, true. I didn't think of it that way. Tempted by Meslier maybe over Pickford? Fixtures ok and leeds have been tighter. He's good for a save point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Evening sir, true. I didn't think of it that way. Tempted by Meslier maybe over Pickford? Fixtures ok and leeds have been tighter. He's good for a save point too.

I'm in a similar position with Mendy and Forester, I've decided to bring in McCarthy for Mendy this week for a -4. Hopefully it will work out ok for the 3 remaining gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Maguire to Mitchell
    Bruno to Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Will have to take a hit. I fecked up. Though I'd have 11 but 2 keepers
    Looking at Holding/ Bruno out for Dallas/Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is Ollie Watkins suspended for tonight’s game?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That Bamford price rise caught me out, so I'm stung and can't do Nacho->Bamford or Antonio.

I wonder what sort of a team Pep will play now? Is his main team due a game now, so maybe Foden in for Lingard?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Wildcard activated… No seriously, wildcard activated!

• Advertisement

Is Ollie Watkins suspended for tonight’s game?

Yes.

Advertisement