Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,922 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Evening sir, true. I didn't think of it that way. Tempted by Meslier maybe over Pickford? Fixtures ok and leeds have been tighter. He's good for a save point too.

Pickford is my current thinking but I’m not that strong on it. Those next 2 games feel like cleanies but you can never truly rely on that with Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This certainly makes West Ham attackers more attractive.

https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1392829904606089217

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Fernandes to Bale (c). Ihenacho to Ings

I like that Nacho to Ings move, Ings was very sharp v Palace and he has nice fixtures. Im 0.5m short of being able to do it, if I could I would for sure as when Ings is fit he is almost a one goal in every two games striker and the fixtures v Fulham, Leeds and West Ham are decent enough.

For now its looking like Im doing Nacho to Bamford and Mount to Raphina for a -4. I already have Dallas too so Im counting on Leeds not putting their feet up in the final 3 games.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I like that Nacho to Ings move, Ings was very sharp v Palace and he has nice fixtures. Im 0.5m short of being able to do it, if I could I would for sure as when Ings is fit he is almost a one goal in every two games striker and the fixtures v Fulham, Leeds and West Ham are decent enough.

For now its looking like Im doing Nacho to Bamford and Mount to Raphina for a -4. I already have Dallas too so Im counting on Leeds not putting their feet up in the final 3 games.

I don't think Bielsa is the type of manager would allow that to be honest. Similarly Dyche would have the same mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2 FT and 8 playing this GW. Will get Dallas/TAA in for Fofana/Holding along with selling Vardy for -4. The question is whether to get DCL or Bamford in?

Leaves Shaw/Bruno/Nacho on the bench then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ings, Greenwood, Bamford all have until rest of Season to get into the extended 26 man squad for Euros - all bring something different. Ings having been in the England Squad before, might making him better choice than Bamford.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fitz* wrote: »
    I don't think Bielsa is the type of manager would allow that to be honest. Similarly Dyche would have the same mentality.

Yeah thats my thinking as well, Im just hoping it does actually play out that way because sometimes players themselves have their own ideas or are worried about injuries before the Euros. But I reckon Leeds should be good for three good performances to finish out the season so Im most likely going back to tripling up on them.

I did want to make room for DCL but not willing to go -8 to do so. Will stick with Kane and just hope he doesnt blank again. Hes got Wolves, Villa, Leicester so Id hope he can make some hay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Castagne, Bruno & Vardy > TAA, Jota/Mane, DCL for a -8

Do I bring in Mane or Jota though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Nacho to either Bamford or Antonio - can't call it, but leaning towards Bamford at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Any hints from Hassenhutl today about which keeper he plays this week?

I have Forster and with Mendy out, I'm fearful McCarthy's turn could be this week for Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jay0109 wrote: »
    Any hints from Hassenhutl today about which keeper he plays this week?

I have Forster and with Mendy out, I'm fearful McCarthy's turn could be this week for Southampton

All the signs are pointing to McCarthy playing the next two matches as last week that is what Hassenhuttl said he planned on going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Salah in for Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mane snubbed Klopp's handshake at the end of that game. Sh1t. Klopp said it's fine afterwards but you never know. Might sway towards Jota or Son over him now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Everyone around me in money league has TAA it's a killer every time he scores. Trying to workaround a way to get him in is hard with Phillips, Jota and Salah already. I feel like he could be the difference between success and failure in last 3.

Might go Bruno > Raphinha, Phillips > TAA and Forster / Mendy > Pickford for a -4.

So basically, of these options what would you do?

A) Bruno > Raphinha, Phillips > TAA and Forster / Mendy > Pickford for a -4

B) Bruno to son, iheanacho to DCL, no hit play with no keeper

C) Bruno to someone, Iheanacho to Bamford or Wood, Forster to Meslier for a -4

I cannot afford to change Forster if I do Bruno to son :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Gonna take a -8 for McCarthy, Dallas and DCL in for Schmeichel, Maguire and Iheanacho.

Was on the fringes of 10K a couple of weeks ago and was too cautious so this is one last roll of the dice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Nacho to either Bamford or Antonio - can't call it, but leaning towards Bamford at the minute.

Thinking Antonio for a -4 myself as Veltman and Dunk will miss the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Who would you get in for the rest of the season, Bamford, DCL or Antonio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Looking at

Shaw to Dallas, and
    Nacho to Wood

West Ham only have 2 goals in the last three games so reluctant to go for Antonio, although they were scoring well before that, and their run in is good....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

steve_r wrote: »
    Looking at

Shaw to Dallas, and
    Nacho to Wood

West Ham only have 2 goals in the last three games so reluctant to go for Antonio, although they were scoring well before that, and their run in is good....

Antonio was missing for a few of those matches so I think we'll see the goals increase again with him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Antonio and phillips in for chilwell and nacho

dont like nacho's run. I think everyone needs 3 liverpool players in there team and west ham chasing europe need Antonio to step up

The question is captain DCL Antonio or Salah. 1st in one money league by 50 points cant see me losing that. 3rd in another 40 behind first leads towards Antonio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

I've a WC and tc still to play....the plan was to WC this week...but now I'm thinking keep till next week as most teams will just about make 11 this week anyway. I've 9 currently with 1ft. If I WC next week also don't need to worry about the blank teams.

Thoughts? Having chips is def more stressful than not 🙂

I would go Antonio, DCL, Bamford in that order.

Antonio & West Ham are chasing Europe with West Ham and up against a depleted Brighton defence, relegated WBA & Southampton with nothing to play for. It's a very attractive preposition there across all 3 GWs. He'll get a bit more space too with opposition worried about Lingard.

I think DCL could be more of a two week transfer. He could get 2 this GW against SHU and pick up a very nice score. Last game is Man City away so you'd expect a blank there, with the middle game v Wolves which could either way. Everton still have a chance of Europe so they will need DCL to be on form in those first 2 games in order to get into Europe. DCL also wants to be in form for getting into the final squad for the Euros.

Leeds have nothing to play for, maybe a top half finish. Bielsa will have them playing or everything though. Bamford probably won't go to the Euros but he could score a couple against WBA on the last day of the season. I think GW38 is the best option for Bamford out of the 3 GWs.

hmm, after watching TAA performance last night, bit the bullet and brought him in, rival clawed back a 30 point lead to 10 so can't be running risks like that - ended up taking a -4 of Kabak and Greenwood out for TAA and Burke in - somewhat rushed job as looked like TAA was going up last night. In hindsight maybe i should have done Salah/Kabak to Jota/TAA to match the teams up but meh.

He has 8 for this week, and 1 FT, so likely he'll take a -4 or -8. I'm tempted now to bring in Antonia - said it all week that he's against a weakened Brighton team and they have Europe to play for,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Some tough decisions this week... I think I'm taking a -8 to make 4 changes.

Lots of good options in defence and up top and I'm trying to think of the best 2 to take from:

Digne versus Dallas
    DCL versus Antonio

I couldn't afford the two Everton lads together, and it feels like I should probably take 1 due to their fixtures. So look like it's:

Digne and Antonio versus Dallas and DCL.

Leaning towards the first option as I think I'm bringing in Meslier in goals so already have Leeds defensive coverage. I could also bring in Pickford instead of Meslier though...

Morzadec wrote: »
    Some tough decisions this week... I think I'm taking a -8 to make 4 changes.

Lots of good options in defence and up top and I'm trying to think of the best 2 to take from:

Digne versus Dallas
    DCL versus Antonio

I couldn't afford the two Everton lads together, and it feels like I should probably take 1 due to their fixtures. So look like it's:

Digne and Antonio versus Dallas and DCL.

Leaning towards the first option as I think I'm bringing in Meslier in goals so already have Leeds defensive coverage. I could also bring in Pickford instead of Meslier though...

My thoughts on Leeds would be that your not bringing in Dallas for defensive coverage, and so bringing in Meslier shouldn't be impacting on bringing in Dallas

Could you do Dallas and Antonio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Had Free Hit Chip left to try and make some hay this week:)

Pickford
    TAA Dallas Coleman
    Raphina Bale Son Salah(C)
    DCL Kane Ings

Bench-Forster, Philips ,Alioski,Pereira.

Half tempted to start both Philips and TAA v WBA away......but big Sam might have his lads up for it.

Klopp didn't really say anything about Kabak, or other injuries, in his press conference. He said it was too early to assess the players that played last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is Sterling for Bruno a bad idea?

Tempted as he is rather explosive, but just hasnt been on it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ace2007 wrote: »
    My thoughts on Leeds would be that your not bringing in Dallas for defensive coverage, and so bringing in Meslier shouldn't be impacting on bringing in Dallas

Could you do Dallas and Antonio?

Yup could do. Could bring those two in and Pickford in goals perhaps. Does anyone know is there any possibility at all of Pickford getting rotated/rested? It seems like it's happened a few times this season.

I think I'll likely go with Meslier/Digne/Antonio. Just due to the slight chance that Pickford gets rested, and also because with the goalkeeper I'll have to play them all 3 games and Everton's last game is against City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Going to just bench Bruno and AWB
    Shaw out for Ruben Dias
    Nacho out for DCL

Captain Son ATM but that could easily change to kane/foden

Advertisement