Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,348 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

REJECTED!!! I found a defect.

552694.png

*crosses house off list*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

^^ Also two toilet brushes? What unspeakable things go on in there? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

KevRossi wrote: »
    How much to make it liveable if you can do some of the work yourself? Another €100K?

Unless you are a builder €100k won't go very far. Go do any work on that house and you'd be lucky if your neighbour's house doesn't fall down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

At the other end of the price spectrum is this. I love the area and the street looks fine to me. You'd want to be able to get on with the neighbours. Roof may need to be replaced and it looks like asbestos tiles. How much to make it liveable if you can do some of the work yourself? Another 100k?

What would put me off is the size of the site and the existing house - it's only 36 sqm. There's barely any room for expanding out the back so even if you did a full refurb you'd be looking at maybe 40-45 sqm, which realistically is only room for a small 1 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

At the other end of the price spectrum is this. I love the area and the street looks fine to me. You'd want to be able to get on with the neighbours. Roof may need to be replaced and it looks like asbestos tiles. How much to make it liveable if you can do some of the work yourself? Another €100K?

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/end-of-terrace-house-3-millbrook-terrace-kilmainham-dublin-8/3217677

Consists of 2 rooms and an outdoor wc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,055 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

nibtrix wrote: »
    Consists of 2 rooms and an outdoor wc...
    It's also down only metres from the Camac river, and in an area that flooded horrendously not too many years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

If i was looking for something that size i would go for this at a quarter the price

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-6-homeleigh-porterstown-castleknock-dublin-15/1157875

Horrible and soulless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Allinall

^^ Also two toilet brushes? What unspeakable things go on in there? :eek:

That's northsiders for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,076 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I know the estate agent, he's also a county councillor. I won't comment on him. Only thing about that house is that you could never complain about a smell in the jacks.

No idea why it isn't just advertised as a site with excellent potential to knock it and get planning for a larger house. You can get that site for €20,000 or possibly less FWIW.

I wouldn't be mad on that site. you are basically looking into a bog. The scenery isn't nice at all in my opinion. I would also avoid any estate agent who would write what they wrote about that kip.

Allinall wrote: »
    That's northsiders for you.

I'm a Northsider, and I guarantee that our houses don't have two toothbrushes, let alone two toilet brushes. In fact, most bathrooms just have one brush for all brushing duties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'm a Northsider, and I guarantee that our houses don't have two toothbrushes, let alone two toilet brushes. In fact, most bathrooms just have one brush for all brushing duties.

A man from our village went up to Dublin once and he said the same. He ever got over it.

Odelay wrote: »
    A man from our village went up to Dublin once and he said the same. He ever got over it.

We make our toilet/tooth brushes from the bones and hair of men from villages.

From the "I just can't be arsed taking even half-decent photos, but I'm still going to say This house is a must view" files:

552707.jpg

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-furry-park-road-clontarf-dublin-3/3151060

^^ Also, I just tilted my head and noticed the radiator behind the fridge. Optimal placement for both devices, that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Saw this posted on an Irish interior decor Facebook group :D

I'd get hungry anytime I took a bath

FB-IMG-1620679111149.jpg
    photo url

This is hilarious! Brilliant find! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Kitchen is more like a medical facility. That island looks like something you'd perform a postmortem on :o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭josip

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The description says its got space for 600 bottles of wine which means you could drink two bottles a day but only have to go to the off licence to stock it up once every 10 months or so, happy days :)

Anyone know who owns it? 10 million quid is quite the asking price though at almost 1,000sqm it is huge

The Irish times said it was owned by a retailer, family of six, who needed a home but also their own space.
    The land that it was built on, was originally owned by the owner of Mondello.
    A friend of ours was the I.T. editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭KevRossi

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's also down only metres from the Camac river, and in an area that flooded horrendously not too many years ago

They built some flood walls along there, not sure if you can still get flood insurance or how it affects a mortgage.

This is the street next to it. You can see the wall at the end of the road. The last house on the right went for over €325K a few months ago, it's an extended 2 bed. Lovely house, especially in summer. This is it https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/23-carrickfoyle-terrace-kilmainham-dublin-8/4459106

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3409677,-6.3068147,3a,75y,349.82h,81.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8X7_iaV9HLU3vLtn8FgLtg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Unless you are a builder €100k won't go very far. Go do any work on that house and you'd be lucky if your neighbour's house doesn't fall down too.

What a way to make a good impression with your new neighbour! :D

If i was looking for something that size i would go for this at a quarter the price

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-6-homeleigh-porterstown-castleknock-dublin-15/1157875

I think this featured on the thread way back. I recognise that first photo anyway.

Not for me. I still want to buy John Rocha's house in Ranelagh. :D

<plays euromillions again, no doubt in vain>

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I don't have time to read the thread (I'm a very busy man), but has this been posted yet?

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-the-old-church-drum-cross-drum-co-sligo/3205652

I think I like it. What's more, I think I can afford it.

• Advertisement

I don't have time to read the thread (I'm a very busy man), but has this been posted yet?

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-the-old-church-drum-cross-drum-co-sligo/3205652

I think I like it. What's more, I think I can afford it.
    The only problem with all those church conversions (and I quite like that one, it's very "normal" looking), is all the sawn-in-half beautiful stained glass windows.

Makes me twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm not very religious, but other members of my family are, and I'm not sure I'd be able to look them in the eye if they knew that I consummate my love for my partner in a former house of God. Also, imagine how many funerals would have been held there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The kitchen looks like an aquarium of white goods bobbing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The only problem with all those church conversions (and I quite like that one, it's very "normal" looking), is all the sawn-in-half beautiful stained glass windows.

Makes me twitch.

I don't like that either. I'm also not sure about the glass blocks. I know they serve a purpose, but they put me in mind of an interview room in The Bill, circa 1993.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

flazio wrote: »
    I'm not very religious, but other members of my family are, and I'm not sure I'd be able to look them in the eye if they knew that I consummate my love for my partner in a former house of God. Also, imagine how many funerals would have been held there.

Going by the architectural style and the name of the town I'd reckon it was an old protestant church.

You're family would be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I said religious, not republican. There's a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Allinall

I’ve already fallen off the stairs and whacked my head, and that’s just from watching the video.

Allinall wrote: »
    I’ve already fallen off the stairs and whacked my head, and that’s just from watching the video.
    Those stairs would freak me out as well, when I'd finished stressing over the half windows.

Would be nice holiday home you spent a few weeks of the year in, but as your main residence, all year round. Nope.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    I said religious, not republican. There's a difference.

Escalated quickly.

Advertisement