Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Horrible and tacky. And no grass around it! That wasn't long going for sale, I only saw it on the news a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,181 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Why is the toilet seat duck-taped shut?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fitz* wrote: »

Ha, I just came back here to post that. It mightn't be connected up.

N2ZmM2VjODVkODAyYzZkZTcyNjAyZGNhZDY5OGZhYWaupYZSz_b77JrgKBqxk2JRaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzAvOC8wODk5ODkyYWYwOTQ1N2NkZmUyOWJjYTgwMzc0NDg4Ni5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Drug stash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Is the auctioneer being tongue in cheek/ hat tip by using "Outstanding " in the first sentence?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The elegant staircase, the beautiful coving (if that's your thing), the gorgeous ceiling plasterwork (ditto) - and 3 cheapest of cheap IKEA mirrors stuck to the wall in the most prominent position possible....... off-centre :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oh yes, I remember seeing that on the news.

It doesn't look like anyone ever lived there. Soulless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

THis was seized by CAB a few weeks ago. (The coving is a give away.)

T'wud be a brave soul who would buy that as I'd expect the previous owners would be likely to call in for a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Jeez, stair lighting is positively dangerous. You'd be blinded by the spotlight in your face from the steps above!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

YWRmNDI2MzFkNGY5OTk1NDRlYzJlNTdkNDgxZWE1NjnMTiATN3Mlkiwggg14EKYgaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzEvOS8xOWIwNDFiMTNkODk0NzJhY2RiMjdjOTE4YmZhYTViMy5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

I think I've seen some fight call out videos here ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ha, I just came back here to post that. It mightn't be connected up.

N2ZmM2VjODVkODAyYzZkZTcyNjAyZGNhZDY5OGZhYWaupYZSz_b77JrgKBqxk2JRaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzAvOC8wODk5ODkyYWYwOTQ1N2NkZmUyOWJjYTgwMzc0NDg4Ni5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Is that bath the wrong way round? should the corner not be in the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

nice radiators

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtHz9xkPLeY

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

lawred2 wrote: »
    nice radiators

Is that copper piping too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Blowfish wrote: »
    Anybody fancy throwing €415,000 on living in the middle of nowhere in a house that hasn't been redecorated in 50 years?

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/bungalow-manor-kilbride-co-wicklow/3217084

There is about 5-6k, maybe even more, worth of furniture in that house... great collection of g-plan stuff.

I wouldn't call Kilbride the middle of nowhere tho, it is just off the N81 and closer to town than Blessington (which people commute from)

BattleCorp wrote: »
    T'wud be a brave soul who would buy that as I'd expect the previous owners would be likely to call in for a cup of tea.

For the price your paying I don’t think the area nearby is great either!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,949 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The elegant staircase

With built-in babby gates.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

With built-in babby gates.

:eek:

Well spotted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

lawred2 wrote: »
    nice radiators

Be a shame if anything was to happen to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is that bath the wrong way round? should the corner not be in the corner?

And the steps lead right up to the bit with tap. Wouldn’t want to slip climbing in or out with that under you.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    There is about 5-6k, maybe even more, worth of furniture in that house... great collection of g-plan stuff.

I wouldn't call Kilbride the middle of nowhere tho, it is just off the N81 and closer to town than Blessington (which people commute from)
    It's true that people commute from places like Blessington and Maynooth, and they even do so from Portlaoise and Cavan.

The idea is that you're supposed to save money, or you can afford a bigger home, by doing so.

415k for a standard bungalow in Maynooth? No a-thanks.it isn't a healthy market when even someone on 100k can't get a mortgage for a normal bungalow like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's true that people commute from places like Blessington and Maynooth, and they even do so from Portlaoise and Cavan.

The idea is that you're supposed to save money, or you can afford a bigger home, by doing so.

415k for a standard bungalow in Maynooth? No a-thanks.it isn't a healthy market when even someone on 100k can't get a mortgage for a normal bungalow like that.

The Kilbride house is a good location for commuting but at 415k it is overpriced considering it would need about 150k of works to bring it up to a modern standard. You can buy similar houses in that area for under 500k that wouldnt need much work.

This is another doer-upper house just a few kilometres south of Kilbride in the mountain village of Ballyknocken which is also close to Blessington. It is bigger than the Kilbride one (126sqm v 165sqm) and has a great view of the Blessington lakes, its just a pity the agent didnt wait for a sunny day to actually take the photos as its a very scenic area. It was put up on Monday for 245k but since then the agent has raised the price to 300k, likely because theres been lots of interest

MmI5NmEzYzkwNjA2MTgxM2JiYjBkMTg1NDNhYmZjODdDehBqjgiGgK87cGsqjAbmaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2UvNy9lN2FlNTc0YmFmYzNlNzdhMWY4ZjM3NWRhNDcyZGVlZS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Added bonus is once a year one of Irelands best small music festivals is held in a field on the lake shore just down the road. Its called Knockan Stockan and it is pretty unique in that its a music festival that is run by musicians for musicians. Its all done on voluntary work by people who work in music, theatre and the arts. Have been to it a couple of times and they put on a really great weekend.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The Kilbride house is a good location for commuting but at 415k it is overpriced considering it would need about 150k of works to bring it up to a modern standard. You can buy similar houses in that area for under 500k that wouldnt need much work.
    [...]
    Added bonus is once a year one of Irelands best small music festivals is held in a field on the lake shore just down the road. Its called Knockan Stockan [...]

500k for Maynooth? This isn't normal.

My house is going up for sale in Dublin soon, for a similar price — and it's 3 minutes' walk from Beechwood Luas stop. We aren't in a hurry to buy, but I sincerely hope that when we do, the market has normalised. Asking-prices are absolutely surreal right now, I dont care what music festivals are nearby. Nobody in their right mind would pay 500k for a family bungalow in Maynooth.

It's reminiscent of 2006.

A crash is gonna come. I sincerely hope we are out the gate whenever it does arrive.

My house is going up for sale in Dublin soon, for a similar price.

Are you worried it might end up on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

THis was seized by CAB a few weeks ago. (The coving is a give away.)

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0422/1211432-cab-raid-kerry/
    In documents opened in the High Court, the gang is described as being involved in bogus home improvement work throughout Ireland, the UK, and across Europe.

....starting at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

My house is going up for sale in Dublin soon, for a similar price — and it's 3 minutes' walk from Beechwood Luas stop. We aren't in a hurry to buy, but I sincerely hope that when we do, the market has normalised. Asking-prices are absolutely surreal right now, I dont care what music festivals are nearby. Nobody in their right mind would pay 500k for a family bungalow in Maynooth.
    Just checked for the craic, there are just the 2 bungalows for sale in Maynooth at the moment, one is 400k and the other on the outskirts for 595k:

400k: https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/bungalow-55-rail-park-maynooth-co-kildare/3208522

595k: https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/bungalow-laraghbryan-west-maynooth-co-kildare/3176926

Are you worried it might end up on here?

A constant dread. I am taking the pics myself and am determined to give you lot nothing to deride!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A constant dread. I am taking the pics myself and am determined to give you lot nothing to deride!

Sneak a crying chair into one of the pics, just for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's reminiscent of 2006.

A crash is gonna come. I sincerely hope we are out the gate whenever it does arrive.

No not Maynooth but around Manor Kilbride in Wicklow. The house spoken about is 415k but needs a lot of work, perhaps 150k worth. Was just saying you could find houses in the same area for around 500k that dont need work done on them. Heres one at 575k which is twice the size and in move in condition
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/bungalow-kilbride-blessington-co-wicklow/2838591

Maynooth property has always featured high prices, its a perfect storm of having good commuting links to Dublin and then thousands working locally in Intel on very good wages and then loads more working in the university also on good salaries. There is a lot of wealth in Maynooth and theyre all competing for the same properties in the same town and surrounds. I like Maynooth and lived there for a bit but I wouldnt pay those prices to buy, theres better value out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

How have CAB got it up for sale so quickly? Surely they'd have to wait a certain amount of time in case the owner appeals the seizure?

Advertisement