Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

JohnC. wrote: »
    I see there's planning permission for a restaurant. It's under Frisby's name, so it doesn't say what restaurant is going in. The floor plans have the grill specifically marked as a charcoal grill, so maybe Burger King?

It's also got pizza oven and pizza rack. I wouldn't read to much into what the units are labelled as.

I do hope it is BK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

rekdtangle wrote: »
    It's also got pizza oven and pizza rack. I wouldn't read to much into what the units are labelled as.

I do hope it is BK though.

It's Camile Thai, as also stated by another poster

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Muttley79

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Muttley79 wrote: »

Is that what’s going beside the Costa in Ardkeen or O’Brien’s at Ardkeen Stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Muttley79 wrote: »

Yes,long overdue and welcomed,but as per usual it's pitiful compared to other parts. Howth in Dublin is set to receive over E20+million for development...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

niallo76 wrote: »
    Yes,long overdue and welcomed,but as per usual it's pitiful compared to other parts. Howth in Dublin is set to receive over E20+million for development...

https://www.thejournal.ie/reclaimed-land-howth-harbour-5384841-Mar2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

I see the area next to home savers on the cork road is fenced off are supermacs finally doing something there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

hardybuck wrote: »
    An Taisce have taken legal action against An Bord Pleanala and the State aimed at overturning the planning permission granted to a cheese manufacturing plant that would be located in Belview Science and Technology Park.

Their grounds include claims that environmental impacts of cheese production that weren't properly taken into account for the purposes of the Environmental Impact Assessment.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/an-taisce-seeks-to-overturn-permission-for-co-kilkenny-cheese-plant-1.4417834
    So the cheese makers are not blessed? An Taisce full of vegans by the looks of it.

So it looks as if An Taisce's real target is the size of the national herd, if they can stop the processing sector they can stop herd expansion.

They lost the action and are appealing. More money for the legal boys and girls.

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/an-taisce-to-appeal-high-court-decision-on-kilkenny-cheese-plant-40399348.html

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

nomoedoe wrote: »
    I see the area next to home savers on the cork road is fenced off are supermacs finally doing something there?

Wasn't it to be a drive through supermacs at one point ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

savic04 wrote: »
    Wasn't it to be a drive through supermacs at one point ?

Yea the supermacs will be a drive through

dzilla wrote: »
    Yea the supermacs will be a drive through

How long are them units lying idle....must be bones of 20 years at this stage?

How long are them units lying idle....must be bones of 20 years at this stage?

I think widogers left around 2006-2008

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

With Supermacs drive through and McDonalds drive through being so close to each other, i fear for the traffic at the RSC roundabout during busy periods. Already its often backed right up beyond the roundabout when McDonalds are busy in the evenings and weekends. Add in a Supermacs and the Cork Road will be impossible to navigate. Unless they are planning both the entrance and exit to the Supermacs on the PC World side.

Even so, the road is going to be a nightmare to use when this kicks off.

With Supermacs drive through and McDonalds drive through being so close to each other, i fear for the traffic at the RSC roundabout during busy periods. Already its often backed right up beyond the roundabout when McDonalds are busy in the evenings and weekends. Add in a Supermacs and the Cork Road will be impossible to navigate. Unless they are planning both the entrance and exit to the Supermacs on the PC World side.

Will definitely need to be looked at as if the flow of traffic going into the drive through backs to the entrance then you have a situation where the road backs up to the roundabout.

Always find that it's in wet days that Macdonald's does be so busy with the queue going back to jysk. Think it's cos there's nothing else to do but get a bit of food in wet weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Will definitely need to be looked at as if the flow of traffic going into the drive through backs to the entrance then you have a situation where the road backs up to the roundabout.

Always find that it's in wet days that Macdonald's does be so busy with the queue going back to jysk. Think it's cos there's nothing else to do but get a bit of food in wet weather

Yeah its very busy now and will only get worse with more drive throughs. I wouldnt mind if it was nice food but its absolute bland, tasteless rubbish! McDonalds chips are nothing but paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Shouldnt have gotten planning permission, but business is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The queue for McDonalds should ease a lot when you can actually go inside to eat, pre lockdown there was hardly any backed up traffic to get in there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

shockwave wrote: »
    The queue for McDonalds should ease a lot when you can actually go inside to eat, pre lockdown there was hardly any backed up traffic to get in there

this isnt exactly true, but partially

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭obi604

What’s going on beside Costa coffee in Ardkeen (where tesco and Homebase are)

New building going up.

EDIT: Ignore, I read back a bit and see it’s going to be Camille Thai.

Another q. What’s going on at O’Brien’s off-licence beside Supermacs in the real Ardkeen (I think;))

• Advertisement

obi604 wrote: »

Another q. What’s going on at O’Brien’s off-licence beside Supermacs in the real Ardkeen (I think;))

the planning says -

"extension to, and change of use of existing sandwich bar outlet to shop/retail unit, encompassing existing adjoining stores/boiler house, together with elevational alterations and all associated site development works, all at"

so it is anyone's guess

• Registered Users Posts: 45 feckwunker

the planning says -

"extension to, and change of use of existing sandwich bar outlet to shop/retail unit, encompassing existing adjoining stores/boiler house, together with elevational alterations and all associated site development works, all at"

so it is anyone's guess

I think it's the Ardkeen bakery expanding to cope with demand.

feckwunker wrote: »
    I think it's the Ardkeen bakery expanding to cope with demand.

That would be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Party world closed there store in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

JohnC. wrote: »
    Where was that?

It was beside Mr Price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

https://www.facebook.com/120792148007585/posts/4082333251853435/?d=n

Not sure if this is the proper thread but the above is a link to a nice bit of council bashing....one of the councillors fights back and a couple row in behind him but for the most part it’s a rant about how wrong WCCC have gotten things and how they haven’t a clue in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

the planning says -

so it is anyone's guess

One of the family members confirmed to me it's Ardkeen bakery.

• Advertisement

Deise Today is devoted to Waterfords future this morning.

https://www.wlrfm.com/player/?playerID=955

Advertisement