Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,327 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Any link for this? As far as I can see, Mick Clifford is just taking the piss out of the allegations that he was involved.

Mick Clifford was/is a good journalist. Hope he's doing and keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,394 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jmcc wrote: »
    The net is getting wider:
    https://twitter.com/sean_murray1/status/1391488467813679104

Regards...jmcc

Getting to the point I thought.
    An organised cabal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭jmcc

Getting to the point I thought.
    An organised cabal.
    Yep. But their names and publications are not known yet. Feck 'Line of Duty' this is really addictive viewing. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭shockframe

Yep. But their names and publications are not known yet. Feck 'Line of Duty' this is really addictive viewing. :)

Regards...jmcc

H for Harris:D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Please please please no line of duty spoilers I'm doing so well avoiding so far

• Advertisement

shockframe wrote: »
    H for Harris:D
    Could also be that the middle initial is used to differentiate the accounts to enable fast swiching between them. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Mick Clifford is one of Ireland's top hacks. There is no way he is involved in any of this. I would also be very surprised if Ronan McGreevy is involved.

Things are rotten in the state of Denmark and we shall soon know who else is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Rosita wrote: »
    I'm not defending anyone. I'm just pointing out that he held his own in that interview. It's just what I believe. Just because you don't like that doesn't make me related to him.

Held his own how? He had no reasonable explanation as to why he had set up an anonymous account to troll and harrass people.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,394 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Held his own how? He had no reasonable explanation as to why he had set up an anonymous account to troll and harrass people.

I think the fact he managed to answer is being taken as a win by the poster. They haven't actually analysed the quality of his answers, which ranged from the deluded through deflection to the downright bizarre.
    It was car crash radio facilitated by a competent, calm and professional journalist who showed him up to the listenership.

FunLover18 wrote: »

He never held his own and Sarah McInerney was perfectly within her rights to mention she had muted the Pym account. If this had come out later it could have been used to defend Harris, and slate the interview as biased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

The net is getting wider:
    https://twitter.com/sean_murray1/status/1391488467813679104

Regards...jmcc

From that thread :

Ronan McGreevy accidentally calling 'Dolly White' Eoghan in 2017

https://twitter.com/marty_ardmhacha/status/1391512678062075913?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Wonder who's next...

tenor.gif

Wonder who's next...

tenor.gif

Some well known Sindo/Indo journalist.

The only journalist of merit in the Sindo is Gene Kerrigan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

tsk. what about barry egan?

tsk. what about barry egan?
    He loves to brown nose Z listers.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭AngeloArgue

Again I think this whole episode is indicative of the change in the realpolitik of global geo-politics.
    Sinn Fein are now in from the cold.
    They're a leftwing party that now support the EU, globalisation and socially liberal policies that fully fit in with the global bourgeoisie outlook.
    Pro Brexit UK politicians and by proxy unionists are now personae non gratae.
    I feel a general heave is imminent in the editorial content of much of our media.
    A much more sympathetic narrative on Sinn Fein is incoming.
    My crystal ball is seeing Sinn Fein in government soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just pointing out that he held his own in that interview. It's just what I believe. Just because you don't like that doesn't make me related to him.

I'd agree that he held his own. McInerney lost objectivity as an interviewer several times during the interview. Disappointed in her ability, more than anything else, and hopefully she doesn't retain that slot.

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    I'd agree that he held his own. McInerney lost objectivity as an interviewer several times during the interview. Disappointed in her ability, more than anything else, and hopefully she doesn't retain that slot.
    She demolished Harris and was very professional. She showed him up as a pathetic, misogynistic creep.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,053 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Mick Clifford is one of Ireland's top hacks. There is no way he is involved in any of this.

I don't always agree with him, but I cannot see Clifford involved in this type of twattery.

Really strange that his name, of all names, has come up though.

Wonder who's next...

tenor.gif

No Sarah Connor surely!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Harris came across as a dirty old man with delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

Whether or not you agree with his views, one thing for certain is that Harris was a genius with his arguments, and a genius with words. Irish media will be a lesser place and more barren without his presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Whether or not you agree with his views, one thing for certain is that Harris was a genius with his arguments, and a genius with words. Irish media will be a lesser and more barren place without his presence.

You were better when it was subtle.

Whether or not you agree with his views, one thing for certain is that Harris was a genius with his arguments, and a genius with words. Irish media will be a lesser and more barren place without his presence.

Eoghan. Quit it with the sock puppetry.

I'm simply referred to an interview which I heard and decided to challenge some of the biased lies here which attributed a very different vibe to the interview to what I heard.

That’s a generalised ad hominem. If you called one person here a liar it would be an infraction.
    But, yeah, alternative opinions are very difficult for some people.

People disagree with you. Did you think you’d write something and we’d all agree. The “some people” is a generalised ad hominem as well.
    Those who despise Harris are actually probably quite like him in the sense of not having the intellectual courage to assert their views without playing the man.

From someone who who just played the man twice in the two previous sentences, the lack of self awareness is astounding.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I don't always agree with him, but I cannot see Clifford involved in this type of twattery.

Really strange that his name, of all names, has come up though.

You won't always agree with what he writes, but his tribunal work, his Maurice McCabe and Longboat Quay exposes showcase why he would not be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Whether or not you agree with his views, one thing for certain is that Harris was a genius with his arguments, and a genius with words. Irish media will be a lesser place and more barren without his presence.

Absolutely Jaysci. There has been a lot of bull and bluster posted about him and the Barbara J Pym site over the last few days, and most of it absolute rubbish. People glossing over the contribution he made to journalism over the past 4 decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,327 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Absolutely Jaysci. There has been a lot of bull and bluster posted about him and the Barbara J Pym site over the last few days, and most of it absolute rubbish. People glossing over the contribution he made to journalism over the past 4 decades.

He has contributed nothing of worth. An absolute shambles that he was in such a lofty position in Irish print journalism for so long.

He was given a platform by Sir Anthony O’Reilly to push an anti Sinn Fein, anti Northern Ireland Nationalist agenda. There was no semblance of balance in his agenda. His diatribe often bordering on lunacy, entirely untrustworthy and lacking in credulity. He has in the end quite appropriately unravelled into an incoherent mess.

In the end he and his ilk will be remembered for attacking John Hume and others who were trying to build the Peace Process and end the suffering of the people caught up in the conflict in Northern Ireland, making their job harder. That is his epitaph and what his “contribution” amounts to.

You have an extremely low water mark for "genius".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Again I think this whole episode is indicative of the change in the realpolitik of global geo-politics.
    Sinn Fein are now in from the cold.
    They're a leftwing party that now support the EU, globalisation and socially liberal policies that fully fit in with the global bourgeoisie outlook.
    Pro Brexit UK politicians and by proxy unionists are now personae non gratae.
    I feel a general heave is imminent in the editorial content of much of our media.
    A much more sympathetic narrative on Sinn Fein is incoming.
    My crystal ball is seeing Sinn Fein in government soon.

Yes brexit killed the west brits.
    When the British government was led by the likes of John major , Mo mowlam, Tony Blair etc and was one of the adults in the room it was easy for the west brits to sing the praises of all things West British.

Now all that is flipped on its head.
    West Brit stock has plummeted to almost zero . Look at the Charlie Flanagan Black and Tan episode last year. Totally out of touch. And now Eoghan Harris. Where would Conor cruise o Brien be in the current world? It is one of the more satisfying positives of brexit.

Advertisement