Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,639 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

The Big Dog and Brahma Bull running in the Irish Grand National today

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paulie21 wrote: »
    The Big Dog and Brahma Bull running in the Irish Grand National today

Run Wild Fred and Off You Go for me e/w bet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hi PW pals. Just a note to say The Ultimate Battle of South America flag tourney is coming to its conclusion over the next couple of days. We’ve whittled the field from 264 to just 8. Myself and JP Liz are involved in it and we extend an invite to all you to jump on board at this late stage, still lots left to decide. Here’s the schedule for the rest of the competition;

Thursday 8 April

Quarter Final 1 @ 12:30 PM
    Quarter Final 2 @ 2:00 PM
    Quarter Final 3 @ 3:30 PM
    Quarter Final 4 @ 5:00 PM

Friday 9 April

Semi Final 1 @ 7:30 PM
    Semi Final 2 @ 9:00 PM

Grand Final @ 10:00 PM

So click here to have a look and come get involved!

Prince Philip and DMX both died today

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Prince Philip and DMX both died today

Rip to both

Know the name of the rapper but couldn't tell ya the name of any of his songs

Remember Prince Philip for his outrages comments down through the years. He seemed a sound enough guy

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Want something extra fun alongside Wrestlemania? Sign up for a WWE themed game of Werewolf kicking off on Saturday April 10th, the very same night as Wrestlemania....

Being hosted by myself and Bounty Hunter, it's gonna be a good one ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058172182
    Ha, I missed Necro posting this a few days ago and was about to do the same thing.

Incase it makes any difference outside of myself and Necro being involved in making/running the game already signed up PW regulars playing include Beakerjoe, Lord TSC, JP Liz and Hello2d person below.

Damn you two for this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Any football manager fans out there I do a football manager podcast with a colleague. Look into the management sim with two avid fans

On episode 11 now after managing in Argentina we take a pop at the championship in England

In last episode we played a live game and last 5 min perfectly encapsulates what it is to be a player of the game I think

https://scoreline.ie/fm/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sirsok wrote: »
    Any football manager fans out there I do a football manager podcast with a colleague. Look into the management sim with two avid fans

On episode 11 now after managing in Argentina we take a pop at the championship in England

In last episode we played a live game and last 5 min perfectly encapsulates what it is to be a player of the game I think

https://scoreline.ie/fm/

Love the game, but its a young mans game. kids and mortgage's get in the way. I need a good 5 hours a day to enjoy it.

Great idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Huge Football Manager fan but decided to skip 2021. I used to skip every 2nd year when I was younger but started buying them annually at 2016. The last couple games got a lot less playtime (still over 200hrs each mind) so I skipped 2021 in the hope that I'll get stuck into 2022 after a long break.

I always loved hearing about other people's saves though so I'll definitely give the podcast a listen.

• Advertisement

Huge Football Manager fan but decided to skip 2021. I used to skip every 2nd year when I was younger but started buying them annually at 2016. The last couple games got a lot less playtime (still over 200hrs each mind) so I skipped 2021 in the hope that I'll get stuck into 2022 after a long break.

I always loved hearing about other people's saves though so I'll definitely give the podcast a listen.

Its been my game since I found LMA manager on the mega drive...... then graduated to Championship Manager (same game really as FM now) in 1998.

Would buy a game every 1 to 3 years depending on the new features and reviews. Always top notch, but since 2014, Ive only picked up the mobile version in 2017. I wont play it now because I simply cant devote time to it and I enjoy playing it for 5/6 hours a go.

But its, IMO, one of the most addictive, playable games ever. Great memories of taking Leeds from League 1 to Champions League in 10 years. Beat that Marco.

just a heads up to those here, the Forum Games forum are hosting a new Werewolf game, with the theme being the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Avengers - Infinity War/Engame is coming on 16 May 2021, the 3rd week of May.

So if you like Ironman, Thor and Co, and you fancy some role playing action, head over at the link in my signature. All are welcome and new players with zero clue about the game, you will be welcomed and coached on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Iced Earth lead songwriter/guitarist Jon Schaffer facing 30 years in the can, for his part in the events of Wednesday, January 6th 2021 in Washington, D.C

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/guilty-plea-capitol-riot/2021/04/16/f7d5d420-9eb6-11eb-9d05-ae06f4529ece_story.html

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Iced Earth lead songwriter/guitarist Jon Schaffer facing 30 years in the can, for his part in the events of Wednesday, January 6th 2021 in Washington, D.C

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/guilty-plea-capitol-riot/2021/04/16/f7d5d420-9eb6-11eb-9d05-ae06f4529ece_story.html

Article says prosecutors recommend 50 months, its not 39 years but still 4 years or so

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Article says prosecutors recommend 50 months, its not 39 years but still 4 years or so

Co-operation is a hell of a thing to keep yourself from going to jail. Either way assuming he gets the 4 years, he's ruined his bands, dropped from their record label, lost members, only has a drummer left I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Very random but I just completed a wrestling figure trade with a lad here who's name was Glenn Rowe. Thought it was a Sunday night for a second :D

beakerjoe wrote: »
    But its, IMO, one of the most addictive, playable games ever. Great memories of taking Leeds from League 1 to Champions League in 10 years. Beat that Marco.

I'm lucky to have gotten thru college when I picked up FM ! Generally same as youself or Brad Maddox guy, 3very two years. Was not gonna buy this year as was waaaay to invested in my fm19 save, but a co-op option was to much of a pull for me.

Kinda made it part of my job so I have an excuse to play now!

Very random but I just completed a wrestling figure trade with a lad here who's name was Glenn Rowe. Thought it was a Sunday night for a second :D

You know Jimmy Trigger and also a fellow fig collector....I thought I was the only one in the South East!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Sirsok wrote: »
    You know Jimmy Trigger and also a fellow fig collector....I thought I was the only one in the South East!

Just got back into the game after many years out of it due to lockdown boredom! If you're after any US exclusives let me know and I'd be happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Honestly brings a tear to my scrotum.

He is the Billy goat

Hes better than stone cold, better than the rock

• Advertisement

Cannibal Corpse's new album Violence Unimagined is as brilliant as it can be, even with the change of guitar players.

Really want to pick up the vinyl version, just for the alternate artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Football is wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just noticed the BBC has struck a deal with Bellator to show all the PPV on the iplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I put on Dodgeball on Disney Plus....cock flavoured lollipop became poop flavoured lollipop. That's when I turned off. :pac:

Katie Taylor wins again, #Katiemanybelts

best_crop_e899944fbb3ca3ed52c6_mini_magick20200504-24929-1tswe7j.jpg?v=20ed9df69285a38a4c97

The FBI have released there files on the death of Kurt Cobain.

https://vault.fbi.gov/kurt-cobain/kurt-cobain-part-01-of-01/view

Cobain's death, even 27 years after the fact, it'll still have people wondering/questioning.

SNL streaming live around the world tonight on YouTube with Elon Musk hosting.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Cobain's death, even 27 years after the fact, it'll still have people wondering/questioning.

Sadly one of deaths in which you think 'what could of been ?' :(

Nirvana reunion tours etc

If John Lennon was never killed we could of got a Beatles Tour in the 80's or 90's

If Phil never died where would the History of Thin Lizzy have gone

Legends die to soon but there work lives on

Advertisement