Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

......would like to start foraging again down the coast cause these mussels are tiny unfortunately.
    No whole squid available, it's hit n miss with squid at the fishmongers.

Anyway, 10 minute job.....nice.

CHKzIe0l.jpg

m0frwLPl.jpg

p6xoLoMl.jpg

(Eat yer greens :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just a little something special for today's lunch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had a mixed vegetable stir fry with noodles, and a sauce made of soy, sweet chilli and hoisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Poppy seed bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon.
    Literally just realised that it's not even 12.
    I'm bloody starving..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

Tinned tuna covered with cheddar cheese and toasted in a wrap. Delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭joficeduns1

Had the tortillas in the freezer and the makings of breakfast tacos in the fridge so I threw them together for lunch. Scrambled egg, avo, cheese, quick homemade salsa, habanero sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

2 slices of Parma ham, a boiled egg, tomato, cucumber and Ryvita. Hit the spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sweet Chilli Rice cakes and boursin cheese.....pure "last minute, grab something" kinda lunch but it's tasty :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roasted vegetable soup with cream crackers & cheese.

20210410-140852.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Had a "Sloppy Joe" type of thing. I used the leftover mince mixture from the stuffed tomatoes we had for dinner yesterday. I reheated it and put it in a buttered roll. It was so messy! But worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Graces7 wrote: »
    Today, my last packet of instant noodles with a generous serving of fresh-picked garden greens and two poached eggs.

Followed by a couple of mini muffins and coffee...

Stuffed I am and very content... replete!

Sounds rather "foreign", Graces;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We went to Howth today and had fresh cod & chips from Leo Burdock's in glorious sunshine. After months of living within 5km of home it felt like a holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels, dill and capers. Makes a nice change of pace from the wraps we've mainly been having. Ploughmans planned for tomorrow, looking forward to that more to be honest.

W7pVUYO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Had the same myself Dave, minus the capers and dill though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

leahyl wrote: »
    Had the same myself Dave, minus the capers and dill though :)

dill - yuk!

Ploughmans ... ish. Mustard, cheese, apple, pickled onions, chilli-pineapple relish (had no pickle relist), pickled cucumber, ham, more cheese, more mustard.

Girlfriend wasn't as much of a fan as I was. I loved it.

qpfo330.jpg
    d2mc4pA.jpg

Ploughmans ... ish. Mustard, cheese, apple, pickled onions, chilli-pineapple relish (had no pickle relist), pickled cucumber, ham, more cheese, more mustard.

Girlfriend wasn't as much of a fan as I was. I loved it.

glad you liked it but i am also glad I wasn't the one to snog you after eating that :P

sporina wrote: »
    glad you liked it but i am also glad I wasn't the one to snog you after eating that :P

Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Smash burger

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Panuozzo Monday has become a thing in our house now. 2 extra dough balls made while making the weekend pizza batch.

Did them in the conventional oven for a change (forgot to get gas for the Ooni) and they worked out very well.

• Advertisement

Red lentil soup with feta and some cut up baked wrap to dip in.

GwE2Hf7.jpg

Lunch/breakfast, had a birthday lie in.

fXv7e7T.jpg

Happy birthday! :)

Lunch/breakfast, had a birthday lie in.

Happy Birthday - hope you had/are having a lovely day - super weather too

I hope you got cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Attempting to eat a bit healthier, Sardine and Hummus pitta. (Pitta's are fresh ones from Aldi best store bought ones I've found)

552526.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ryath wrote: »
    Attempting to eat a bit healthier, Sardine and Hummus pitta. (Pitta's are fresh ones from Aldi best store bought ones I've found)

Wait: What, fresh pita bread? As in the bakery section? Where? When??

I basically live on flat/pita breads with beans and fish.

Well not fresh fresh! They are in the normal bread section but they have a short shelf life 4/5 days unlike the long life ones that go rock hard once opened. They have wholemeal version too.

4088600177236_0_L.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ryath wrote: »
    Well not fresh fresh! They are in the normal bread section but they have a short shelf life 4/5 days unlike the long life ones that go rock hard once opened. They have wholemeal version too.

I have not seen those ones in my store.
    Crazy how things vary by store?

The Dunnes pita/flatbreads are my go to for store bought though, lovely.

Seems to be stock in all the store's I go to. They seem fairly popular, there's often only a few wholemeal ones left. I've only managed to get the white a couple of times.

• Advertisement

If you like pitta bread and live in Cork City you gotta try Izz Cafe's pitta bread - divine - I get it with hummus.

Advertisement