Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ElephantS!! The Second Part [Closing: 15th May, 6.30pm]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's just the normal feeling with me no :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    That's just the normal feeling with me no :pac:

Well.. you're not wrong! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I hope what happened to me in the last Elephant game does not happen to me here.

It came to a vehicle question and a number of us had to start the word with the letter A. I, like most of us who were starting with the letter A, anticipated that the next question (an animal) should start with the letter E (Elephant was the obvious choice there, although some went for Eagle!). What did I put down but Ambulance, when the obvious answer was Airplane! :o Only for that answer, I would have been joint winner at the end of that game! :(

I remember that Declan! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

If people just remember the two main bonus goals you want to hit in a game of Elephant, there's really only one set of answers that works here... There's a science to it... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sometimes, not always. Have I done it here...? Who knows :D
    You coy...
    UnacceptableWellwornArchaeocete-max-1mb.gif

If you don't give them a dry run yourself, how can you know they are not impossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

You coy...

If you don't give them a dry run yourself, how can you know they are not impossible?

Because there are no wrong answers in sheep - stick in some obscure gobbledygook along the way, there will be very few sheep and lots of aces, but that's Necro's problem :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

BuileBeag wrote: »
    I remember that Declan! :D:D

Me too, I couldn't sleep that night thinking about it :D

ari101 wrote: »
    Because there are no wrong answers in sheep - stick in some obscure gobbledygook along the way, there will be very few sheep and lots of aces, but that's Necro's problem :p
    Is it the same in Heffalumps? I thought if you gave a wrong answer you got no points or got minus points off your score :confused:

Is it the same in Heffalumps? I thought if you gave a wrong answer you got no points or got minus points off your score :confused:

Maybe I am slow (quite possible!) but what is Heffalumps?

• Advertisement

There is multiple ways to do it with correct answers though in fairness.

And of course there's one vastly superior and satisfying set of answers, which was the route that I obviously chose to go for, for I am great and only choose great answers... :pac:

An elephant in Winnie the Pooh :pac:

It's totally cool and trendy street slang for elephants.
    Never let it be said that I ain't down with the kids :cool:

Necro didn't say so I assumed the penalty was just being certain of an ace... in the end mine are obscure or versions rather than plain wrong, but I did consider it :D

Purgative wrote: »
    Me too, I couldn't sleep that night thinking about it :D

Someone should have called a waambulance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There is multiple ways to do it with correct answers though in fairness.

And of course there's one vastly superior and satisfying set of answers, which was the route that I obviously chose to go for, for I am great and only choose great answers... :pac:
    I'll eat my hat if there aren't only single answers to one or two of these - where you go before and after that is open to debate though!

I do NOT recommend trying to do this at 2am, by the way, the brain fog was off the scale :(

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'll eat my hat if there aren't only single answers to one or two of these - where you go before and after that is open to debate though!

I do NOT recommend trying to do this at 2am, by the way, the brain fog was off the scale :(

giphy.gif

I DO recommend doing it at 2am. The stars all aligned at that hour and it only took me a few minutes... :D

I DO recommend doing it at 2am. The stars all aligned at that hour and it only took me a few minutes... :D

Which reminds me, I've the wine chilling and a attempt at a walrus in my plans ;)

Necro didn't say so I assumed the penalty was just being certain of an ace... in the end mine are obscure or versions rather than plain wrong, but I did consider it :D

I had a quick glance at the previous Elephant and no-one messed up on carrying over letters between each question. Hopefully, it will be the same for this game. But, if someone were to mess up on their letters, surely that is wrong so maybe they should get zero?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I had a quick glance at the previous Elephant and no-one messed up on carrying over letters between each question. Hopefully, it will be the same for this game. But, if someone were to mess up on their letters, surely that is wrong so maybe they should get zero?

Yeah that's the plan, if it doesn't line up it's a zero. Likely won't happen though... or has it happened already?

All I know is this is fairly apt to describe this game...oh and it's creator of course :D

7Gf1.gif

Yeah that's the plan, if it doesn't line up it's a zero. Likely won't happen though... or has it happened already?

All I know is this is fairly apt to describe this game...oh and it's creator of course :D

Gosh you made me check mine again :D yeah not carrying the letters seems fair for a zero, what you put between them otherwise though :pac:

Right, on very little sleep and a LOT of googling, I'm in.

My brain hurts :(

There are a number of questions in this elephant game with very finite correct answers (but of course no answer is wrong in Sheep!) compared to the last one, where there were many paths one could take!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

That was devilishly, head-wreckingly tricky...but fun!
    I'm in! :D

You coy...
    UnacceptableWellwornArchaeocete-max-1mb.gif

;)

Nicely flowing now, up to 11 players.

I have actually submitted answers myself but I won't be taking part naturally, I'll reveal my answer for each question on the night of the big unveiling :D

11 players:

Also Starring LeVar Burton
    ari101
    davetherave
    Declan A Walsh
    HeidiHeidi
    Hillbilly4
    Neowise
    Omackeral
    Purgative
    Reberetta
    the purple tin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Neowise

is there extra 'match the host' points to be gained?

Neowise wrote: »
    is there extra 'match the host' points to be gained?

I hadn't thought about it tbh :pac:

I feel like I deserve a bonus for coming up with a chain of (vaguely, possibly) correct answers at all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I started this today, got stuck, work got really busy, and I shut the excel sheet without saving what I had done. It is very difficult!!

Advertisement