Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Treppen

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I'm weirdly proud of myself for this

Do you get anything special for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Treppen wrote: »
    Do you get anything special for the year?

Nothing :(

Just 2,500 pts at 50 weeks

Weekly Treasure is there today :)

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Nothing :(

Just 2,500 pts at 50 weeks

Actually if rather prefer it, if I missed out on the 52 weeks is go insane.

Ok I've done the dog on Killer Instinct for easy achievements...

Next up is Day of The Tentacle remastered on gamepass.
    So far it's just console and PC.... Only 3gb to install so I'll put it on my laptop which just about managed Full Throttle.

There's roughly an achievement every 3 minutes of play.

Following Welsh Hunter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've been playing that one myself for daily achievements :)

There's a text walk-through guide below, if that's handier maybe?

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Day-of-the-Tentacle-Remastered/walkthrough/3

Text is definitely the way to go for those games, Full Throttle is handy enough too. Narita Boy is a 4 hour completion with on 4 or 5 missable ones and you can play it twice as the windows version is a separate list. It's actually a decent game hence me double dipping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

By the way, @Treppen, great shout on Killer Instinct. I got my 3rd achievement yesterday without even looking at the screen of my phone, just kept running my finger in zig zags over the "buttons". Do you get one for winning a fight with each character? This could do me for a while.

theteal wrote: »
    By the way, @Treppen, great shout on Killer Instinct. I got my 3rd achievement yesterday without even looking at the screen of my phone, just kept running my finger in zig zags over the "buttons". Do you get one for winning a fight with each character? This could do me for a while.

Yup one for every versus CPU match with a different character.

Also unlocking colours " Stylish Kilgore" or whatever, if you get it mid fight then make sure to loose the match or quit to save the versus achievement.

I'd say there's probably more easy ones like playing online or whatever.... But Day of the Tentacle has 58 achievements every few minutes so that'll keep me going for a few weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rare Replay is another good one for achievements, you get one whenever you start one of the games.

• Advertisement

Yup one for every versus CPU match with a different character.

Also unlocking colours " Stylish Kilgore" or whatever, if you get it mid fight then make sure to loose the match or quit to save the versus achievement.

I'd say there's probably more easy ones like playing online or whatever.... But Day of the Tentacle has 58 achievements every few minutes so that'll keep me going for a few weeks

I got something for a crazy combo with the wolf guy in my second fight. Quit straight away :D

CatInABox wrote: »
    Rare Replay is another good one for achievements, you get one whenever you start one of the games.

Done and dusted a while ago.

Golf with Friends - you get one for completing each course. You can forfeit each hole and be done in a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

I've been using Golf with your friends..
    forfeiting 17 holes pausing the game and using quick resume.. to have my achievement ready to go in advance.

It's especially helpful on the weekends when I wake up to hungover to put much effort into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just on punch cards there is a punch card for Resident evil 8 if anyone is interested, 6000 points on purchase.

my question is if I redeem points to purchase it do I still get the 6000 ( I have 35 quid worth)

***Edit*** you can do as my 6000 points are already in

Weekly Treasure is available today :)

New month new quests. On my phone it's says star wars is a daily quest!

So ya

Don't bother today it'll be glitchy as hell.

Edit:it's a May the 4th one day only quest!

BTW if you can, try and avoid updating gamepass Android app. They've stopped letting you open games without a Bluetooth controller , which was handy for those 25 pointers that you only had to open the game.

Only deleted the Fallen Order recently. It can be done when it gets to ready to start but that point is after 16gb of installing.

BTW if you can, try and avoid updating gamepass Android app. They've stopped letting you open games without a Bluetooth controller , which was handy for those 25 pointers that you only had to open the game.

Ah that's what has happened. Not a feature I use a lot but had noted in the last few days that games wouldn't load without a BT device. Mmmmm, lets see if I can find an old APK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

6k Punchcard up for Mass Effect Remaster

State of Decay monthly is borked at the moment, not tracking it.

• Advertisement

How's everyones tally at this point?

Since I hit my 117k target, commitment has dropped and I've lost my daily streak a few times on the reward site - I've not actually done the mobile searches in a while come to think of it. In spite of that, I just noticed that I'm just shy of 143k as of this morning.

With the complete lack of Xbox X stock on the MS site I'm now considering Currys vouchers. I need 150k for £100 (whereas that would get me £125 in MS vouchers :( ) Not that I've been following the stock situation at Currys but I do think the chances are quite a bit higher just from comments I've seen posted around.

Worked for me yesterday just before the football kicked off. I just ran around whacking them with the stick. . . .until it broke :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Sorry for the possible stupid question but I've never played minecraft.
    I've been following Rewards Hunters guide on the quest for it, but mining doesn't appear to be working for me.

The blocks start to break up the smallest bit but never enough to give me the resources.
    Any help would be appreciated

I've been following Rewards Hunters guide on the quest for it, but mining doesn't appear to be working for me.

The blocks start to break up the smallest bit but never enough to give me the resources.

Sounds odd, like you keep whacking the wood on the trees ya? Eventually it disappears and you see your wood inventory go up down at the bottom right.
    If you are following Rewards Hunter you only need about 7 wood to craft the 2 swords... 3 is better

Alternatively maybe just go around and whack then with a stick, it'll take longer but still works. Did you use the cheat code?

I went for the two achievements and killed some zombies on the way. Got the achievement for getting to rangers cabin then another one then left and whacked a few more, only when I got the achievement for something else did the quest also pop.

Do it in creative mode, you won't get achievements but you can spawn any weapon you want and the zombies (nature tab) Takes 2 minutes to kill 20 that way. Just dig a hole thats 2 blocks deep and spawn them in there so they don't run off.

Weekly Treasure is there today :)

All game quests done for this month AMA :pac:

My remote install still doesn't work though!

BTW another one for achievements is Undertale .
    Some parts require a bit of time but others it's just a minute between each. Here's the guide.

Game is less than 200mb in size. Not sure if the achievements are available on PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Weekly treasure is up

• Advertisement

Supposedly there is a 10k punchcard up in the rewards app for some but I'm not seeing it.

Advertisement