Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mans children removed by Tusla after his video of Gardai went viral

• 03-05-2021 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Stumbled across this #PatSweeney hashtag trending on Twitter this morning. Seems he took a video in Athlone last week, of the Gardai stopping a church service because of a Covid breach. Last night his kids were taken away from him under mental health regulations and are now in the care of Tusla.

He is obviously connected with some out there nationalist group, but just wondering if anyone knows more about the background to this? Seems more than a little fishy.

Church Video
    https://twitter.com/TheJoshuaTurner/status/1389153861269692417

Visit from Gardai last night
    https://twitter.com/mikeadriano1979/status/1388979110005940225

Comments

What's fishy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

That's all it takes? Sweet.

I'll have my kids gone before dinner time.

Ohhh yes!! looking forward to some peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    That's all it takes? Sweet.

I'll have my kids gone before dinner time.

Ohhh yes!! looking forward to some peace.

I remember once walking done a street in Limerick with my mother and 3 of the siblings.
    We were all being annoyingly whingey and fighting which other when this lad out of nowhere swoops in with a clipboard looking for support for prevention of violence against children!

My mother offered him all 4 of us on the spot!
    ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Wombatman wrote: »
    Stumbled across this #PatSweeney hashtag trending on Twitter this morning. Seems he took a video in Athlone last week, of the Gardai stopping a church service because of a Covid breach. Last night his kids were taken away from him under mental health regulations and are now in the care of Tusla.

He is obviously connected with some out there nationalist group, but just wondering if anyone knows more about the background to this? Seems more than a little fishy.

Church Video

Not a great look in the Garda station with the officer just walking away

Iv heard plenty about Mullingar Garda station and some of the officers in it so wouldn't be surprised if Athlone is suspect either.

What exactly did the man do that the Gardai are in his house, have taken his children and are going to send him for "medical assistance"

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Sinister

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I do not know what lies beyond the stars, but I can say with all certainty, that a parent did not have their children removed from them by decision of about 10 different State bodies, because the parent filmed some Gardaí at work.

Attempted interference and harassment by these sort of subversive NP goons ought to be stomped on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would look at the people that are running with this story.
    Andy "Dyson" Heasman, the national party....Dee Wall. There is likely more to this than they are putting out there, I am guessing a child protection issue they had to action. There was also serious Doxxing of the gardai involved seemingly...classy.

The above all have a clear agenda, you don't have to look far when it comes to for example Dee Wall and her adoption of Angela Ray and her battle against evil TUSLA (they took kids of her as she is a heroin addict). She was jailed for breaching a court order, given strict conditions to get her kids back, broke them...then got involved with loopers like Dee Wall who used her for publicity etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Children being taken from parents is the final step in a very long process, unless there is imminent risk. You can be sure that there is more to this than a tweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"I'm from the government and i'm here to help"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Anyone that thinks anyone has their kids taken off them because they filmed Gardai is an idiot tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I do not know what lies beyond the stars, but I can say with all certainty, that a parent did not have their children removed from them by decision of about 10 different State bodies, because the parent filmed some Gardaí at work.

Attempted interference and harassment by these sort of subversive NP goons ought to be stomped on.

I can't say I share your confidence considering what Maurice McCabe went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So what has happened to have them remove the children?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I think there definitely has to be more to this story because him being arrested under the mental health act and his children being taken off him due to him filming the Gardaí in the church seems completely bonkers to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Church Video

You lost me at @RebBarrettNP

Somebody should have brought Justin a little step so he could see properly over the counter. He's supposed to be 2m back from the counter btw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think there definitely has to be more to this story because him being arrested under the mental health act and his children being taken off him due to him filming the Gardaí in the church seems completely bonkers to me.

Tonnes of people have filmed Gardai in similar situations and they haven't had their children taken off them. As someone said above, taken children off their parents is not something that happens quickly, it takes a long time. There has to be more to this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"Guards take children of man who speaks out" is a handy conspiracy theory but this is likely a lot more complicated. Taking children into care is something very difficult to do and not done lightly.

I agree. I'd just like to know the "more to this story" bit.

You lost me at @RebBarrettNP

Somebody should have brought Justin a little step so he could see properly over the counter. He's supposed to be 2m back from the counter btw.
    Little Justin Barrett in his wrinkly suit looks like he is permanently making his confirmation

Yet you started the thread....and created a seriously misleading headline imo

"Mans children removed by Tusla after his video of Gardai went viral"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

There was a policeman in Sweden who pointed out most of the violent crime he was investigating was committed by immigrants and the state went after him. Our freedom is being eroded.

So you're basing a whole generalization on a Sunday example and ignoring the pertinent facts regarding that example.

The equivalent here would be a Garda who only works in a unit dealing with traveller crime suggesting that travelers are the source for all serious crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

There are children in this country who can’t be taken off their parents fast enough, it’s not something that happens in this state lightly, can take years to remove children from their parents.

The people shouting oh the state can just come take your kids really don’t have a clue about the reality of many children in this country and the stuff that goes on and to be honest probably better off not knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭CoBo55

banie01 wrote: »
    I remember once walking done a street in Limerick with my mother and 3 of the siblings.
    We were all being annoyingly whingey and fighting which other when this lad out of nowhere swoops in with a clipboard looking for support for prevention of violence against children!

My mother offered him all 4 of us on the spot!
    ;):D

When any of us would throw a wobbly and threaten to run away Ma would offer to pack a bag:D

CoBo55 wrote: »
    When any of us would throw a wobbly and threaten to run away Ma would offer to pack a bag:D
    Or rattle the wooden spoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

"Guards take children of man who speaks out" is a handy conspiracy theory but this is likely a lot more complicated. Taking children into care is something very difficult to do and not done lightly.

Agree completely.

I work in primary education and I deal with Tusla and social workers every week in relation to vulnerable children who are living extremely difficult lives.

I can say with complete confidence and first hand experience that children being taken away from their families is the last resort, and tends to happen after a long period of clearly observed and documented severe incidents . In many cases these poor children should have been taken away from their parents far sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

XsApollo wrote: »
    There are children in this country who can’t be taken off their parents fast enough, it’s not something that happens in this state lightly, can take years to remove children from their parents.

The people shouting oh the state can just come take your kids really don’t have a clue about the reality of many children in this country and the stuff that goes on and to be honest probably better off not knowing.

I assume they can take them straight away using the mental health act like they did in this circumstance.
    The Guards took the children not Tusla they must have had power to act under that law.

gmisk wrote: »
    Yet you started the thread....and created a seriously misleading headline imo

"Mans children removed by Tusla after his video of Gardai went viral"

Headline?

Yes, the thread title was phrased to grab attention. Coming up with something succinct to fit in the title box was challenging TBF.

The OP is clear enough though, for people to move along if they don't want to go any further with the thread.

Is that Justin Barrett?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well one thing is for sure, you won't get it from Justin Barrett, Andy Heasman or Dee (off the) Wall!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

When the fella was sectioned was he released straight away?. Looked at a few of the twitter videos

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well one thing is for sure, you won't get it from Justin Barrett, Andy Heasman or Dee (off the) Wall!!
    Don't forget Andys full name
    Andy "Dyson" Heasman.

The source of them being the fact he beat his ex-wife with a vacuum.
    The best people....

He also has 24+ previous convictions...

Is that Justin Barrett?
    Aye he just turned up in his little wrinkly confirmation suit hoping people would give him some money.

Your man is clearly the worst type of 'nationalist' and on the fringes politically, to put it nicely, but I'd love to know the reasoning behind pulling the kids out of bed to be taken away in the middle of the night by the guards. Were there any social works present? What caused so much immediacy?

Very traumatic for the kids TBF, but absolutely may have been the best course of action in the correct circumstances.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Seems like you know all the details..............

Just watched the update, it's a domestic, going through a marriage break up, he doesn't know where the kids are but I presume his ex does, they're trying to get infront of a judge this afternoon.
    They said the Guards said there was a court sitting on Saturday hence the Guards took the kids but they contacted Tusla and they said there was no court sitting.

So in fact it's nothing to do with gardai in a church being filmed at all.....

Just watched the update, it's a domestic, going through a marriage break up, he doesn't know where the kids are but I presume his ex does, they're trying to get infront of a judge this afternoon.
    They said the Guards said there was a court sitting on Saturday hence the Guards took the kids but they contacted Tusla and they said there was no court sitting.

Ah, sorry. I was being sarcastic.
    You don't know any details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I assume they can take them straight away using the mental health act like they did in this circumstance.
    The Guards took the children not Tusla they must have had power to act under that law.

Gardai have the power, under section 12 of the Child Care Act 1991, to remove a child urgently from a situation for his or her safety and welfare. It's not something they do lightly. 100% there's more to this story.

So yeah....there is more to it.

It shows people should maybe wait for the full story to come out before jumping to conclusions... especially if the story is being spread by NP, Dee wall and Andy "Dyson" heasman

So in fact it's nothing to do with gardai in a church being filmed at all.....

I'd assume she used one of the kids being in the church to claim he was mental and they needed to be taken from him.

I'd assume she used one of the kids being in the church to claim he was mental and they needed to be taken from him.
    ...come on...dig up....

Don't make up more nonsense it doesn't help

I'd assume .

You know what they say about that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Notmything

You can be imprisoned for 'hate speech' you can lose your job if don't bow to blm and the lgbt brigade. The next step will be taking your children from you.

There was a policeman in Sweden who pointed out most of the violent crime he was investigating was committed by immigrants and the state went after him. Our freedom is being eroded.

Unless you're living in Sweden this isn't relevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You'd be sacked for being a 'racist' or a 'transphobe'. You at what happened to JK Rowling. Imagine if she was a new writer? Her career would be over. And what was her crime?

With the government we have these idiotic hate speech laws where your 'victim' can decide you committed a hate crime just because he decides so. In Scotland they want people to eat on their families.

All very Big Brother.

Sure if you’d be sacked for those why not for putting ketchup on eggs?

You'd be sacked for being a 'racist' or a 'transphobe'. You at what happened to JK Rowling. Imagine if she was a new writer? Her career would be over. And what was her crime?

With the government we have these idiotic hate speech laws where your 'victim' can decide you committed a hate crime just because he decides so. In Scotland they want people to eat on their families.

All very Big Brother.

All absolute rubbish.

gmisk wrote: »
    So yeah....there is more to it.

That came from the man himself and Dwyer, there both sitting outside the Garda Station, you can find the video on Dwyer's telegram.

Well you know what they say about assuming.....

You're straying (further) into fantasy land now

The idea that the Gardaí would arrive and take away children just because their father filmed them the week before is preposterous. A decision like that involves many state agencies, lots of social workers, and every I dotted and T crossed.

Those heavily edited videos and one-side-of-the- story narratives are designed to outrage.

I also see little Justin Barrett was conveniently in the area at the time.

Gardai have powers to remove children from a family home for very specific reasons and it's not something done willy-nilly.

Tusla have to go through the courts to have a child placed in care.

If either of these actions were taken then there is a lot more going on than simply videoing a Garda.

Notmything wrote: »
    Gardai have powers to remove children from a family home for very specific reasons and it's not something done willy-nilly.

Tusla have to go through the courts to have a child placed in care.

If either of these actions were taken then there is a lot more going on than simply videoing a Garda.

I think that theory has been put to bed now.

They've moved to a different conspiracy theory.

I think that theory has been put to bed now.

They've moved to a different conspiracy theory.

What happens when you point out the obvious flaws in their narrative.

Well you know what they say about assuming.....

I've mates who went through break ups nothing would shock me at this stage when it comes to crazy accusations, I've seen the guards act on them so it's all perfectly explainable.

Peter Springare. You know in Sweden they censor the crime stats so the Swedes can't find out how much crime is committed by immigrants?

Not censored. Not important.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement