Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mans children removed by Tusla after his video of Gardai went viral

• 03-05-2021 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Stumbled across this #PatSweeney hashtag trending on Twitter this morning. Seems he took a video in Athlone last week, of the Gardai stopping a church service because of a Covid breach. Last night his kids were taken away from him under mental health regulations and are now in the care of Tusla.

He is obviously connected with some out there nationalist group, but just wondering if anyone knows more about the background to this? Seems more than a little fishy.

Church Video
    https://twitter.com/TheJoshuaTurner/status/1389153861269692417

Visit from Gardai last night
    https://twitter.com/mikeadriano1979/status/1388979110005940225

Comments

What's fishy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

That's all it takes? Sweet.

I'll have my kids gone before dinner time.

Ohhh yes!! looking forward to some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    That's all it takes? Sweet.

I'll have my kids gone before dinner time.

Ohhh yes!! looking forward to some peace.

I remember once walking done a street in Limerick with my mother and 3 of the siblings.
    We were all being annoyingly whingey and fighting which other when this lad out of nowhere swoops in with a clipboard looking for support for prevention of violence against children!

My mother offered him all 4 of us on the spot!
    ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Wombatman wrote: »
    Stumbled across this #PatSweeney hashtag trending on Twitter this morning. Seems he took a video in Athlone last week, of the Gardai stopping a church service because of a Covid breach. Last night his kids were taken away from him under mental health regulations and are now in the care of Tusla.

He is obviously connected with some out there nationalist group, but just wondering if anyone knows more about the background to this? Seems more than a little fishy.

Church Video

Not a great look in the Garda station with the officer just walking away

Iv heard plenty about Mullingar Garda station and some of the officers in it so wouldn't be surprised if Athlone is suspect either.

What exactly did the man do that the Gardai are in his house, have taken his children and are going to send him for "medical assistance"

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Sinister

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I do not know what lies beyond the stars, but I can say with all certainty, that a parent did not have their children removed from them by decision of about 10 different State bodies, because the parent filmed some Gardaí at work.

Attempted interference and harassment by these sort of subversive NP goons ought to be stomped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would look at the people that are running with this story.
    Andy "Dyson" Heasman, the national party....Dee Wall. There is likely more to this than they are putting out there, I am guessing a child protection issue they had to action. There was also serious Doxxing of the gardai involved seemingly...classy.

The above all have a clear agenda, you don't have to look far when it comes to for example Dee Wall and her adoption of Angela Ray and her battle against evil TUSLA (they took kids of her as she is a heroin addict). She was jailed for breaching a court order, given strict conditions to get her kids back, broke them...then got involved with loopers like Dee Wall who used her for publicity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Children being taken from parents is the final step in a very long process, unless there is imminent risk. You can be sure that there is more to this than a tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"I'm from the government and i'm here to help"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Anyone that thinks anyone has their kids taken off them because they filmed Gardai is an idiot tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I do not know what lies beyond the stars, but I can say with all certainty, that a parent did not have their children removed from them by decision of about 10 different State bodies, because the parent filmed some Gardaí at work.

Attempted interference and harassment by these sort of subversive NP goons ought to be stomped on.

I can't say I share your confidence considering what Maurice McCabe went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So what has happened to have them remove the children?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I think there definitely has to be more to this story because him being arrested under the mental health act and his children being taken off him due to him filming the Gardaí in the church seems completely bonkers to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Church Video

You lost me at @RebBarrettNP

Somebody should have brought Justin a little step so he could see properly over the counter. He's supposed to be 2m back from the counter btw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think there definitely has to be more to this story because him being arrested under the mental health act and his children being taken off him due to him filming the Gardaí in the church seems completely bonkers to me.

Tonnes of people have filmed Gardai in similar situations and they haven't had their children taken off them. As someone said above, taken children off their parents is not something that happens quickly, it takes a long time. There has to be more to this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"Guards take children of man who speaks out" is a handy conspiracy theory but this is likely a lot more complicated. Taking children into care is something very difficult to do and not done lightly.

I agree. I'd just like to know the "more to this story" bit.

You lost me at @RebBarrettNP

Somebody should have brought Justin a little step so he could see properly over the counter. He's supposed to be 2m back from the counter btw.
    Little Justin Barrett in his wrinkly suit looks like he is permanently making his confirmation

Yet you started the thread....and created a seriously misleading headline imo

"Mans children removed by Tusla after his video of Gardai went viral"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

There was a policeman in Sweden who pointed out most of the violent crime he was investigating was committed by immigrants and the state went after him. Our freedom is being eroded.

So you're basing a whole generalization on a Sunday example and ignoring the pertinent facts regarding that example.

The equivalent here would be a Garda who only works in a unit dealing with traveller crime suggesting that travelers are the source for all serious crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

There are children in this country who can’t be taken off their parents fast enough, it’s not something that happens in this state lightly, can take years to remove children from their parents.

The people shouting oh the state can just come take your kids really don’t have a clue about the reality of many children in this country and the stuff that goes on and to be honest probably better off not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭CoBo55

banie01 wrote: »
    I remember once walking done a street in Limerick with my mother and 3 of the siblings.
    We were all being annoyingly whingey and fighting which other when this lad out of nowhere swoops in with a clipboard looking for support for prevention of violence against children!

My mother offered him all 4 of us on the spot!
    ;):D

When any of us would throw a wobbly and threaten to run away Ma would offer to pack a bag:D

CoBo55 wrote: »
    When any of us would throw a wobbly and threaten to run away Ma would offer to pack a bag:D
    Or rattle the wooden spoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

"Guards take children of man who speaks out" is a handy conspiracy theory but this is likely a lot more complicated. Taking children into care is something very difficult to do and not done lightly.

Agree completely.

I work in primary education and I deal with Tusla and social workers every week in relation to vulnerable children who are living extremely difficult lives.

I can say with complete confidence and first hand experience that children being taken away from their families is the last resort, and tends to happen after a long period of clearly observed and documented severe incidents . In many cases these poor children should have been taken away from their parents far sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

XsApollo wrote: »
    There are children in this country who can’t be taken off their parents fast enough, it’s not something that happens in this state lightly, can take years to remove children from their parents.

The people shouting oh the state can just come take your kids really don’t have a clue about the reality of many children in this country and the stuff that goes on and to be honest probably better off not knowing.

I assume they can take them straight away using the mental health act like they did in this circumstance.
    The Guards took the children not Tusla they must have had power to act under that law.

gmisk wrote: »
    Yet you started the thread....and created a seriously misleading headline imo

"Mans children removed by Tusla after his video of Gardai went viral"

Headline?

Yes, the thread title was phrased to grab attention. Coming up with something succinct to fit in the title box was challenging TBF.

The OP is clear enough though, for people to move along if they don't want to go any further with the thread.

Is that Justin Barrett?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well one thing is for sure, you won't get it from Justin Barrett, Andy Heasman or Dee (off the) Wall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

When the fella was sectioned was he released straight away?. Looked at a few of the twitter videos

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well one thing is for sure, you won't get it from Justin Barrett, Andy Heasman or Dee (off the) Wall!!
    Don't forget Andys full name
    Andy "Dyson" Heasman.

The source of them being the fact he beat his ex-wife with a vacuum.
    The best people....

He also has 24+ previous convictions...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement