Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 34 matchday thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Today was more anticlimactic than the Line Of Duty final

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

68 with 3 to go, me likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

PARlance wrote: »
    69 with Wood and Lingard to go. Veltman 6 to come in if there's a riot or something.

Absolutely buzzing (sorry to those with a bad week). Was sitting in 4th in my ML, 82 points behind the leader going into GW29. Am 12 points ahead of second tonight. VVHEWT

Take a bow ....well done - given the cluster-f*ck of a game week that is a massive score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Dice75 wrote: »
    68 with 3 to go, me likey.

well done - great result so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,078 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Unconfirmed report that the like the Liverpool - Man Utd game will be the day after the FA Cup final - Sunday 16th May (GW36)

LFC should’ve been away to WBA that day but this will be brought forward to Wed 12th May (which would be DGW35)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fitz* wrote: »
    Unconfirmed report that the like the Liverpool - Man Utd game will be the day after the FA Cup final - Sunday 16th May (GW36)

LFC should’ve been away to WBA that day but this will be brought forward to Wed 12th May (which would be DGW35)

Where did you see this? Had posted in here that this was the most likely outcome but happy to see it actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »

In which case United wouldn't have a blank in 36, so both teams would have a DGW and game in 36?

time to load up on WC

Ace2007 wrote: »
    In which case United wouldn't have a blank in 36, so both teams would have a DGW and game in 36?

time to load up on WC

This stuff is defo bad for people with the FH/WC left.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

CSF wrote: »

Yeah. I was thinking that earlier. Not only has this postponement screwed up this gameweek, it has also significantly devalued my wildcard which I thought I was being clever holding on to for the final 4 weeks.

JPup wrote: »
    Yeah. I was thinking that earlier. Not only has this postponement screwed up this gameweek, it has also significantly devalued my wildcard which I thought I was being clever holding on to for the final 4 weeks.

Yeah really bad luck there

• Advertisement

Where did you see this? Had posted in here that this was the most likely outcome but happy to see it actually happen.

Chatter on a LFC fan site.

As someone with only Bruno/Salah this GW, the game rearranged that sees Pool and United have DGW with no blank, and chance to load up with no real downside.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    As someone with only Bruno/Salah this GW, the game rearranged that sees Pool and United have DGW with no blank, and chance to load up with no real downside.
    Yeah, for me it is a mixed bag, I'd 3 Liverpool and 2 United but at least with Traore on the bench with 5 points I can live with that.

As mentioned a few posts back, with that cup final looking in my favour, I'd basically be happier now to have the game stay off and accept what would probably be a small rank hit to take the H2H cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

4nil to spurs and absolutely nothing for 'arry, one of the strangest gw ever continues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

73 with lingard and Coady to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    As a non Kane owner.
    Son captainer and Bale owner that couldn't of gone much better.

Tell me more please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

21 from 4 with 4 to play Kane captain fail

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

52 with Coady and Lingard to go. Delighted as everyone Captained Kane and I don't have him. Gains made on first in the money League

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭onrail

22 with 2 to play. Somehow only down to 3k overall

Mother of God

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Went from 17 from 4 to 21 from 8 (inc captain) yesterday :(

That postponement and Son scoring it highly has put me in trouble in my ML and dropped me from 8 to 13k overall.

A 0-0 between Burnley and West Ham is badly needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why didn't they rearrange for today?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why didn't they rearrange for today?

At a guess:

Police want the situation to calm down and best way is not to have it the next day.

The game is one of the biggest in the PL calendar and TV companies want it to be shown at peak viewer times globally. Is it bank holiday in Asia or stateside for instance?

I'd say the PL, TV companies & sponsors wanting the game to be played during the prime time TV slot of Sunday 16.30 is a big contributing factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So frustrating that Liverpool will have a dgw in 35 and Utd wont blank in 36. I felt I had a big advantage with FH in 35 and only having 3 players with a blank in 36. Things have got much easier for those without a chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

What do ye reckon the average number of players being fielded this week by the top 10k? Somewhere between 9 and 10? Good lot about with only 8/9 playing, not they many seem to have a full 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ngunners

qwabercd wrote: »
    What do ye reckon the average number of players being fielded this week by the top 10k? Somewhere between 9 and 10? Good lot about with only 8/9 playing, not they many seem to have a full 11.

I’ll have 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

I lost 5 players in that match, have 3 ok subs so will field 9, more annoying is I was so we'll set up for 8dgw players and still able field 11 the following week. think that will hit those who planned well and those who planned a chip strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

5 utd/liverpool players for me...

Holding rested, Rudiger injured..

Praying for masuaku to make it back.

I'll probably end up with 6 which includes Davis' 1pt. I think that protest has ended my hopes of winning the money leagues, was a terrible week for it to happen, not well covered this week at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

So frustrating that Liverpool will have a dgw in 35 and Utd wont blank in 36. I felt I had a big advantage with FH in 35 and only having 3 players with a blank in 36. Things have got much easier for those without a chip.

I don't see how both these things could happen? Liverpool having a double and United not blanking 36? Would it not be one or the other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I don't see how both these things could happen? Liverpool having a double and United not blanking 36? Would it not be one or the other?

Liverpool v West Brom moves from GW 36 to midweek of GW 35. Then Liverpool play Utd in GW 36.

Advertisement