Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Principal Officer competition 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Noprobs

Tangtastic wrote: »
    Waiting (not very) patiently and avoiding the temptation to email to ask them! 😬

Same. If even for closure if I didn’t get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Belfry2018

I’m close to 15 but haven’t heard anything yet

Update from PAS today. They seem to be either 8 or 9 on Batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 terminatorX1

Results for Batch 3 are out...got through (just about)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Noprobs

Got through too, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roscoe69

Well done to those who got through. I came up just short on two competencies, so that's me done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭froggiegirls

Roscoe69 wrote: »
    Well done to those who got through. I came up just short on two competencies, so that's me done!

If it’s any comfort I felt at the last hurdle many times myself and was about to give up and I got on this panel . Keep at it .

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tangtastic

Noprobs wrote: »
    Same. If even for closure if I didn’t get it!

Through too - yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭karlitob

In!!!! By the skin of my teeth.

Thanks all for the help and advice.

Now onto stage 4! Any idea what that entails??

karlitob wrote: »
    In!!!! By the skin of my teeth.

Thanks all for the help and advice.

Now onto stage 4! Any idea what that entails??

Case study and presentation

• Registered Users Posts: 14 1Caroline

If it’s any comfort I felt at the last hurdle many times myself and was about to give up and I got on this panel . Keep at it .
    I'm out too but thanks for the encouragement and to everyone for their advice along the way. Good luck with the final round and with the new roles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Alongtimeago

Sorry to interrupt with a rookie question, do the open AP and/or PO roles get advertised regularly, yearly etc? Or is it random according to when X amount of roles need filling? Thinking of changing career and these roles seem the most suitable to my qualifications and skillset... Any answers appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Sorry to interrupt with a rookie question, do the open AP and/or PO roles get advertised regularly, yearly etc? Or is it random according to when X amount of roles need filling? Thinking of changing career and these roles seem the most suitable to my qualifications and skillset... Any answers appreciated.

Approx every 2 years. Next one is likely to be this Autumn for PO.
    AP.. unclear. I wouldn't have expected the next AP to have been advertised till August or so 2020, but it went out in March. So likely early / mid 2022 for next AP comp, provided the 2020 panel doesn't get exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alongtimeago

Approx every 2 years. Next one is likely to be this Autumn for PO.
    AP.. unclear. I wouldn't have expected the next AP to have been advertised till August or so 2020, but it went out in March. So likely early / mid 2022 for next AP comp, provided the 2020 panel doesn't get exhausted

Good to know, will be keeping an eye out.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MCQ71

Just got word about presentation. Does anyone know if there will be any job offers in the regions from this panel? I am only in a position to take a job in west of Ireland and can’t take a job in Dublin even if one was offered. I only just got through the interview and they say they are using combined scores so I know that I might not even make it through. The presentation stage will take over two hours so if there’s no jobs going to be offered outside Dublin I’m thinking it would be a waste of mine and PAS time to go through this stage but I don’t want to throw away a chance either. Is anyone here already on a panel for a regional location? Is there any movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Belfry2018

MCQ71 wrote: »
    Just got word about presentation. Does anyone know if there will be any job offers in the regions from this panel? I am only in a position to take a job in west of Ireland and can’t take a job in Dublin even if one was offered. I only just got through the interview and they say they are using combined scores so I know that I might not even make it through. The presentation stage will take over two hours so if there’s no jobs going to be offered outside Dublin I’m thinking it would be a waste of mine and PAS time to go through this stage but I don’t want to throw away a chance either. Is anyone here already on a panel for a regional location? Is there any movement?

Hi congrats on making it through to final stage. If I was you I’d go through and hopefully you are successful. Then wait and see what your offered from a regional post. No harm in waiting to be placed. Send an email to pas and ask them what the status is for regional panels. Go for it then decide. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Three3

Hi there, sorry for the random question. Are the panels that are being called to interview still pulling from the original panel created in 2019 after the online aptitude tests? And if so, how high in the panel have been called to further stages, I was in the 1000s. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tangtastic

I was called in the most recent batch and was in the 600s at stage 1

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Grey AP

MCQ71 wrote: »

I think go for it. If you get through, they will ask you for preferred counties, so you wouldn't be holding anyone else up if you choose not to go on a Dublin panel. If you don't get through, or don't get an offer, you are no worse off than now, so nothing to lose but, at the least, you'll gain some valuable experience/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MCQ71

Thanks for that information and advice. I think now that I will give it a shot anyway and see how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GrowGrowGrow

How many people from Batch 3 got through to Stage 4 and are external applicants?
    Any suggestion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Maralva

Hi there,
    Has anyone done the presentation yet? I'm wondering if the real thing is more complex than the case scenario in the familiarisation booklet...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 everycloud

The panel for Batch 2 appears to be moving quite quickly; the latest I've heard from PAS is that it's at about 15/16 now. Can anyone who's received an offer recently confirm? Thanks

everycloud wrote: »
    The panel for Batch 2 appears to be moving quite quickly; the latest I've heard from PAS is that it's at about 15/16 now. Can anyone who's received an offer recently confirm? Thanks

That can’t be right . I’m number 14 and I haven’t heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nautilus support

Hi Everyone, would anyone be able to tell me when the third batch was invited to the next stage?
    I may be called if there's a 4th one, so just curious as there are another 9 months before this panel expires..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShellyMCD

They’ve reached the early teens.

ShellyMCD wrote: »

So 13? If so I should be next ? I was getting worried that they had forgotten about me if they were already at 15 . Phew !

ShellyMCD wrote: »

Out of how many, do you know.

Out of how many, do you know.

25 on the second panel I believe

25 on the second panel I believe

Do you reckon they’ll exhaust batch 3 before the new competition. I would’ve thought they would keep pulling from batch 3 as batch 1 from a new competition would take some time to wash through?

• Advertisement

Do you reckon they’ll exhaust batch 3 before the new competition. I would’ve thought they would keep pulling from batch 3 as batch 1 from a new competition would take some time to wash through?

I think there’s a good chance given the speed they’re going through batch two

Advertisement