Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general evil traits?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I don't think anyone was offended, E, just surprised. It's quite a turnabout for you.

Anyway, let's move on before we start to look like psychopaths ourselves. That wouldn't do at all.

I’m a little lost but am in, total, agreement with moving on and turning the “focus” back on the real psychopaths.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’m always very dodgy of people who’d say they’d be happy living beside a halting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I’m always very dodgy of people who’d say they’d be happy living beside a halting site.

They're saying that from a position of knowing they'll never have to.

Very easy to virtue signal when you can talk the talk without having to walk to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Insisting on being identified by preferred pronouns.

...and then calling the police for "hate speech" if you don't .... these would be the people calling the stasi police back in the day

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Anyone who makes fun of people in front of other people. I hate anyone I have ever seen do that. Them kind of people are best avoided.

Knew some people like that, one guy was really academic and did really well in school and college, but was a complete immature tosser - used to laugh at people in wheelchair types.

Dad was one of the best teachers in a leaving cert subject in the country and all his kids did really well, but this guy a total dickhead, last I heard he was in the US as a VP in some American bank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Can we have less of the commenting on other posters and more discussion of the topic folks, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The few people who answered seriously... what are you basing your assessments/ guesses on if I may ask?
    Serious question with no attack intended, just curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I'd say one athlete mocking anothers failed suicide attempt would be about as scummy and evil as one could go. What a scumbag.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/albion-rovers-david-cox-retires-24010329

Dunno if it’s been done, although it’s a generalisation, and it must be, most crypto fans offline and offline give a huge whiff of selfishness and I’d say there’s a tendency to sociopathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Bertie Ahern stood up on a podium and said into a microphone that if people weren't happy or were negative in the economy that they should kill themselves.

That's not normal.

He shouldn't have walked out of there that night but that's a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Bertie Ahern stood up on a podium and said into a microphone that if people weren't happy or were negative in the economy that they should kill themselves.

That's not normal.

He shouldn't have walked out of there that night but that's a different story.

Id say that was more a case of not thinking before he spoke. Like the politician who said her team were "working like blacks"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,091 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Sheeps wrote: »
    Voting for Fine Gael is a giant red flag.

Jaysus I would hate to see the description then for sinn fein voters.
    RikkFlair wrote: »
    I'd say one athlete mocking anothers failed suicide attempt would be about as scummy and evil as one could go. What a scumbag.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/albion-rovers-david-cox-retires-24010329

Celtice fans used to chant "Two Andy Gorams, There’s only two Andy Gorams” after he revealed he was mildly schizophrenic.
    He played for the old enemy Glasgow rangers.

As someone as said the real psychopaths will appear outwardly to be perfectly normal.
    And there are a hell of a lot of people who could fall into that category given the opportunity.

Just look what happened in WWII where perfectly supposed well adjusted high achieving individuals degenerated into utter savages with behaviours that some of the worse psychopathic serial killers could only dream of in their imaginations.

And the likes of Yugoslavia, Rwanda just proved nothing has changed.

jmayo wrote: »
    Jaysus I would hate to see the description then for sinn fein voters.

Celtice fans used to chant "Two Andy Gorams, There’s only two Andy Gorams” after he revealed he was mildly schizophrenic.
    He played for the old enemy Glasgow rangers.

As someone as said the real psychopaths will appear outwardly to be perfectly normal.
    And there are a hell of a lot of people who could fall into that category given the opportunity.

Just look what happened in WWII where perfectly supposed well adjusted high achieving individuals degenerated into utter savages with behaviours that some of the worse psychopathic serial killers could only dream of in their imaginations.

And the likes of Yugoslavia, Rwanda just proved nothing has changed.

It's the dehumanization of the enemy that made it easier for them to do ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I think the question asked in the thread title is mixing very different traits. There's a world between a psychopath, being sneaky (every person in the world is sneaky possibly every day), and evil traits, many people have evil traits but are no psychopaths..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Years ago I worked with a guy who had previously worked in a slaughter house. He once confided in me that his favourite role in that job was killing the cattle with the bolt gun. He said he enjoyed the sense of power that it gave him. I gave him a wide berth after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They're all around us.

It's that person at work who will see laughing and sniggering at another coworker as a legitimate opportunity for bonding with someone else.

The person who'll lie about you and to your face to justify their own bad behaviour and make themselves look good - because it's never their fault.

We all know several of them!
    Not all psychopaths end up in jail or rising to prominence. Lots just quietly make our lives miserable and do not care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

tara73 wrote: »
    I think the question asked in the thread title is mixing very different traits. There's a world between a psychopath, being sneaky (every person in the world is sneaky possibly every day), and evil traits, many people have evil traits but are no psychopaths..

Totally agree. Just meant to add that not every psychopath is evil. It’s a misconception (understandably) based on famous cases gaining notoriety. You’ll never hear about the ones that stay out of sight and just get on with their lives

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Sheeps wrote: »
    Voting for Fine Gael is a giant red flag.

That’s me fuke’ed so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 MitchBuch

I think humans are pretty bad for the most part, if you are a normal person who fits into their requirements then they are great but when you are someone like me who has social problems, anxiety and an unsociable personality people soon show their true colours and bully you. They bully you to try and get you to reform to their ideal idea of what a human should be even though the person may not be able to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is Noel Clarke a psychopath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

MitchBuch wrote: »
    I think humans are pretty bad for the most part, if you are a normal person who fits into their requirements then they are great but when you are someone like me who has social problems, anxiety and an unsociable personality people soon show their true colours and bully you. They bully you to try and get you to reform to their ideal idea of what a human should be even though the person may not be able to change.

I don't think the majority of people are bad, most people are decent people who get on with their life, not spending their time upsetting others or making life hard for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

fryup wrote: »
    is George Clarke a psychopath?

Noel Clarke in the article. Still just allegations, but there's a lot of them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

MitchBuch wrote: »

if you are not hurting anyone , its your own business what your personality is , ignore those types as best you can

id describe myself as a sociable loner in that i can easily chat to people but im often much more content being by myself , crowds dont bother me but i dont need to be in a group of six knocking back pints either , did that throughout my late teens and twenties and then lost interest in it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Noel Clarke in the article. Still just allegations, but there's a lot of them all the same.

he played such a scumbag in that movie " Kidulthood " , i sort of suspected he was a " wrong un "

I was walking down the main street today and some bloke approached me, hand in his tracksuit pants, and suddenly he started, not even shouting, bawling

He fixed on me and he said "Dhmnnnghhhh Hammngger?"

I briefly looked behind me.
    I said: "What?"

He went on, making a noise as if sucking on a golf-ball, he repeated: Dhmnnnghhhh Hammngger"

(This time I deduced "THERE'S HAMMER")

I said:

"I am not "Hammer" what are you talking about?"

Then he started acting somewhat violent. Perhaps I was too emphatic that I am not "Hammer" (but I'm not), I don't see why I shouldn't insist.

Anyway, his girlfriend held him back, she was all "He's no' worf it" (she was english, but I didn't say anything), and he sort of, backed off, then. By now he understood that I was not his "Hammer" acquaintance, but he still left me with an Anglo-Saxon goodbye and a threat, describing what he might do next time! Nenagh is gone very dangerous.

I walked back to my car and thought of this thread. I don't believe in malicious people at all, but maybe the Lord is testing me. I wonder if some people are just inherently angry, or did I just catch him on a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I walked back to my car and thought of this thread. I don't believe in malicious people at all, but maybe the Lord is testing me. I wonder if some people are just inherently angry, or did I just catch him on a bad day.

There’s a lot of anger out there, ATNM. The lockdown “restrictions”, while easing, have hit a certain cohort of the population harder than others. All we can do is convey understanding, and sympathy.

As has been said before, we’re all “weathering” the same storm but some of us are in different boats. Hopefully they’ll start to see the light coming at the end of this dark tunnel and that might cause their anger to subside.

Would be nice if that happened to the, angry, online cohort but I’ve a feeling they’ll just move onto another “target” instead.

The tide is turning…

There’s a lot of anger out there, ATNM. The lockdown “restrictions”, while easing, have hit a certain cohort of the population harder than others. All we can do is convey understanding, and sympathy.

As has been said before, we’re all “weathering” the same storm but some of us are in different boats. Hopefully they’ll start to see the light coming at the end of this dark tunnel and that might cause their anger to subside.
    I think that's a great attitude Emmet. Everyone is fighting their own battles, God knows what is going on in the lives of people who seem to be constantly simmering below boiling-point — and that goes for people online, too. It is somewhat perturbing to encounter, mind you.

The sooner this lockdown ends, when we all get busy again, the better for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Rustyman101

had a boss in a large MNC, classic signs, ruthless, no empthy, took great pleasure watching people squirm, dreaded the weekly meeting with her, she would go round the table and keep chipping away until you broke ! remember go into a colleague after one of the meetings, she was in a back room crying. what a ****, shes done very well for herself last i heard, i bailed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Big companies love that type,
    use them as hatchet men , eventually they slip up and are moved out.
    On to the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

VertBlue wrote: »
    Male feminists are psychopaths? Evil?? :confused:

They tend to often be creepy predator types.

Advertisement