Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general evil traits?

Options
1234568»

Comments

xzanti wrote: »
    From experience; if a person talks about how sound, kind, friendly, trustworthy etc they are, that to me is a sign that they are none of the above.

Yes I wonder about those people. I don't ascribe a pathology to them but I guess I find the proclamations of goodness a bit OTT.
    A girl I used to be friendly with often claimed she was an empath. Perhaps she was but something about the telling irritated me.

We are imperfect and flawed. I challenge anyone who says otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes I wonder about those people. I don't ascribe a pathology to them but I guess I find the proclamations of goodness a bit OTT.
    A girl I used to be friendly with often claimed she was an empath. Perhaps she was but something about the telling irritated me.

We are imperfect and flawed. I challenge anyone who says otherwise.

In my limited experience anyone who self proclaimed to me an empath quickly turned out to be the opposite. I’m still not entirely sure what an actual empath is supposed to be

Jequ0n wrote: »
    In my limited experience anyone who self proclaimed to me an empath quickly turned out to be the opposite. I’m still not entirely sure what an actual empath is supposed to be

Indeed. An empath is a person who is highly aware of the emotions of others. They are like sponges. It's important that they have tight boundaries to ensure they don't get overwhelmed or indeed taken advantage of.

I know that I can feel stuff on a deep level. I'm very intuitive and am mostly guided by it. That is a truth about me that never needs to come up in conversation. Also it doesn't mean I am an always good always kind person. I've done rubbish things and treated others badly.

Just because one can emotionally connect to another's experience doesn't mean they are free from 'negative' traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I wonder how many of our Politicians are Psychopaths - I bet there's a fair few of them there hiding in plain sight.....

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I wonder how many of our Politicians are Psychopaths - I bet there's a fair few of them there hiding in plain sight.....

Are you basing this on anything or just throwing it out there?
    I assume this is linked to your last post regarding the cannibal voyeur, so please share details on who within the government you suspect to have similar niche interests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Are you basing this on anything or just throwing it out there?
    I assume this is linked to your last post regarding the cannibal voyeur, so please share details on who within the government you suspect to have similar niche interests

Ha? You can assume what you like but in fairness it's such a stretch that you had better take care not to dislocate your joints along the way.....

You do sometimes hear people arguing that certain Politicians may have psychopathic traits due them advancing policies or making decisions that impact negatively on others for their own personal career gains without seeming to care who is hurt along the way.

Irish Politicians are different though - They're not operating at this level but are usually just some odious, obnoxious, sneaky Gob****e that rose to prominence in their community through bluster and swagger and then got voted into a position of power by the dismally low percentage of the population that actually turns out to vote - Usually the same people that go to mass 15 times a week and think that the local Priest is a misunderstood God on Earth whose various child sexual abuse convictions in 9 different parishes are part of some conspiracy.

Once these Politicians have their snout in the trough they'll use their thick neck to get them though the odd controversy, dodging and lying until they retire with a staggering fortune in a pension pot, laughing at us all.

Ha? You can assume what you like but in fairness it's such a stretch that you had better take care not to dislocate your joints along the way.....

You do sometimes hear people arguing that certain Politicians may have psychopathic traits due them advancing policies or making decisions that impact negatively on others for their own personal career gains without seeming to care who is hurt along the way.

Irish Politicians are different though - They're not operating at this level but are usually just some odious, obnoxious, sneaky Gob****e that rose to prominence in their community through bluster and swagger and then got voted into a position of power by the dismally low percentage of the population that actually turns out to vote - Usually the same people that go to mass 15 times a week and think that the local Priest is a misunderstood God on Earth whose various child sexual abuse convictions in 9 different parishes are part of some conspiracy.

Once these Politicians have their snout in the trough they'll use their thick neck to get them though the odd controversy, dodging and lying until they retire with a staggering fortune in a pension pot, laughing at us all.

Yes, it’s called sarcasm. Never mind.

I’m not trying to be difficult but I’m really not sure what you are arguing here.
    Just because random unqualified people argue something didn’t make it a truth. Sure, some jobs and positions might be well suited for certain personality types but people chose career paths for too many reasons to generalise.

Regarding the second part of your post: not the politicians’ fault if people don’t exercise their right to vote or make bad choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What tell-tale signs do you look for as signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general festering evil type traits in people?

Personally if you have turned off read receipts in WhatsApp then I won't ever trust you and I do not like the way you're living your life.......
    This post

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

those who are dismissive of others not giving them a chance, i find if prevalent in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Indeed. An empath is a person who is highly aware of the emotions of others. They are like sponges. It's important that they have tight boundaries to ensure they don't get overwhelmed or indeed taken advantage of.

I know that I can feel stuff on a deep level. I'm very intuitive and am mostly guided by it. That is a truth about me that never needs to come up in conversation. Also it doesn't mean I am an always good always kind person. I've done rubbish things and treated others badly.

Just because one can emotionally connect to another's experience doesn't mean they are free from 'negative' traits.

They say that people who have traumatic childhoods become very clued in to peoples moods and emotions and 'can' have a higher level of understanding which can manifest as either empath behaviour or manipulative behaviour

• Advertisement

zanador wrote: »
    They say that people who have traumatic childhoods become very clued in to peoples moods and emotions and 'can' have a higher level of understanding which can manifest as either empath behaviour or manipulative behaviour

Interesting. I don't know much about empaths and how they become.

I do know that a child in an abusive household can grow up to be extremely hypervigilant. For example a parent is violent and aggressive, there are beatings and rows. The child learns to attune themselves very well to that parent in order to tell when the next attack is coming. It is a defence. Then in adulthood that attunement perhaps can also connect in with the struggles of another. Maybe.

If you have an excellent grasp on the human condition and are so inclined then you can manipulate till the cows come home. That's just my own opinion mind.

Empathy is a strange beast. What can feel like our compassion for another can in fact be our own desire to be met as a person.

Advertisement