Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

biography of piper was great imo, well worth checking out, sadly not on the network

• I just thought the items were crap on the treasures show except for the original Mankind shirt.

A random Mr Socko and they were looking for a Cactus Jack flannel but got one that Mick wore in a few segments in 2004. Hardly a Cactus Jack original. Then the lad gets to take a burnt barbed wire 2x4 supposedly from Rumble 2000 even though they didn't use fire in that match?

Maybe I'm taking the show a bit too seriously :pac:

The 2nd episode was much better and the kind of stuff I was hoping they'd get, unique items like Taker's phantom mask and his purple gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Really enjoyed the Michaels/ Nash Untold.. intersting how Nash was champ before HBK and it caused some tension

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the Michaels/ Nash Untold.. intersting how Nash was champ before HBK and it caused some tension

90s HBK was def a C you next tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

WON - "There is a new deal in the U.K. where you can get the WWE Network (which still
    exists outside the U.S.) on a three month deal for 99 pence per month ($1.39 U.S.). Obviously the idea is to try and build subscriber numbers rather than
    make money with it with the idea of finding a U.K. streaming service to buy it from them, since the new goal now is to sell territorial rights to the network to bigger companies who pay them more than they make with the network on their
    own"

What streaming company in the UK could even pay for streaming rights? :confused: Is NowTV big enough? Could they do business again with Sky? Amazon Prime?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

oneilla wrote: »
    WON - "There is a new deal in the U.K. where you can get the WWE Network (which still
    exists outside the U.S.) on a three month deal for 99 pence per month ($1.39 U.S.). Obviously the idea is to try and build subscriber numbers rather than
    make money with it with the idea of finding a U.K. streaming service to buy it from them, since the new goal now is to sell territorial rights to the network to bigger companies who pay them more than they make with the network on their
    own"

What streaming company in the UK could even pay for streaming rights? :confused: Is NowTV big enough? Could they do business again with Sky? Amazon Prime?

I did see that offer. I had the :confused: expression over the whole offer and why it was been done. I mean if they are going to have different providers in different areas it’s not going to be very user friendly if you go on holidays for example. That’s why the network as it was set up was handy because it worked everywhere and there was no having to work around to get it other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DAZN maybe.

They were going to bid for the Premier League rights this time round but have been blocked from do that by the UK Government allowing the Premier League to rollover the rights to SKY, BT & Amazon.

Also with BT wanting to sell off it's sports catalogue DAZN might try and build up it's portfolio here before the next round of bidding for football in 2025 as all they have is boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=148439

Ridiculous. They've been advertising the Lex doc all week on twitter and do this the day before it's due to air. Was looking forward to watching it.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=148439

Ridiculous. They've been advertising the Lex doc all week on twitter and do this the day before it's due to air. Was looking forward to watching it.

It’s not being uploaded tomorrow ? Ah **** it anyway. Pre peacock the network uploads used to be somewhat timely. From the clips I’ve seen and from just hearing lex Lugers interviews in the recent past, it was going to be a very retrospective and honest interview.

• Advertisement

• Peacock coming to the UK (and I presume Ireland) soon through Sky.

I can't see the network being on it (yet) with BT having the WWE contract atm.

I have Sky though and it says peacock will be free for Sky customers so no complaints from me if it does end up on it over here even though not many are fans of it in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Network can be on it and have a contract with BT. Sure look at Fox.

BT will keep the weekly shows and they will be uploaded to Peacock 2 or 3 weeks later, while Peacock will show the PPV specials and Network content. Like how the Network works currently.

I have the US peacock currently, its ok. Its no HBO Max but it has NBC exclusive shows. Depends what content is on the UK version really.

• I agree, just BT do show the WWE PPVs as well so that's where I think there'd be a problem. They charge E22 but they'd be free on Sky so couldn't see that working. I know PPVs are on the Network anyway atm over here but you still have to pay 12.99. it'd be different if it was free I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They show the PPVs now though , same as the network. Peacock will be only temp free with Sky Customers. Non Sky Customers, will have to pay ala Discovery Plus

The WWe 9/11 doc was well together but as self congratulatory as you’d expect

The network has been quite enough recently regarding new documentaries

Any idea when the Lex Luger one will air, wasn't it slated to air sometime during the summer but postponed at the last minute

It wasn’t as bad as I expected in fairness. I’ve listened to the American national anthem many times but Lillian Garcia’s rendition on smackdown on September 13th to me is one of the best ever. When she hits the “flag was still there” high note is spin chilling.

Honestly, that’s your take away from that night ? Vince’s shirt was bad. Jesus PTH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Did they show the part were Stephanie compared 9/11 to Vince's steroid trial?

I was thinking that. Vince wears a suit every appearance he has on tv and on a real sombre occasion comes out like he’s just back from the beach

Vinces speech was very powerful. But it all feels very self promotional. They wanted to the first ones out of the pandemic as, after all, they’re all about putting smiles on faces. From a defiant post 9/11 show to being shoe ponies for the saudis.

The Wrestle Me podcast have an amusing and insightful analysis of the 9/11 Smackdown which is worth a listen.

Of course they didn’t. But Stephanie got a new interview and the chance to tell us how it effected her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did they have a full house that night?

Have they ever cancelled a Raw or Smackdown? Only times I remember shows not being live are Christmas or year end recap shows.

A full house on September 13th ? No they haven’t cancelled a raw as far as I know. Due to the taped nature of smackdown for most of its run, it’s been moved from the Tuesday it was taped on to live Thursdays. They did it preceding 9/11 and smackdown after the rumble in 2016 when there was a blizzard and they moved it to Thursday.

the UK episodes of Raw and SD are tap delayed and dont air live even on BT/Sky)

I knw wwe are do a few UK live events in September of this year but none will be taped, expect them to be back after Mania 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Does anyone know why the network is more expensive to subscribe to from Ireland? I want to re-subscribe but it sticks in my craw that it's €12.99 while the UK price is cheaper at £9.99 and the rest of the world is $9.99 I tried using an app to fake my location but it didn't work

Post edited by oneilla on

I don’t remember exactly but is there something to do with the price being converted from sterling ? I could be taking complete rubbish but for some reason that’s in my head.

• Advertisement

• Does the network constantly freeze for anyone else when you watch old stuff?

If I watch the latest broken skull sessions or whatever it'll play perfectly but if I stick on a random Nitro from 97 It'll constantly keep stalling and the loading circle keeps coming up. Tried on a few devices as well.

I'm not sure how streaming services work but it's weird that the new stuff plays perfectly and old stuff doesn't. I keep saying I'll unsubscribe but the old stuff keeps me subscribing but can't be bothered if it doesn't play it properly. All other services (Netflix, Amazon etc) work perfectly for me.

Advertisement