Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Ah feck! How did you manage that one?

Enjoy the onion rings auto :D

Walking on a wooden walkway, slipped into a gully and landed on the ankle...I may hobble to the off license for healing beers

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Walking on a wooden walkway, slipped into a gully and landed on the ankle...I may hobble to the off license for healing beers

Ouch, that sounds so sore! Do you need to be in a cast? Ah sure alcohol is needed for medicinal purposes ;)

Ouch, that sounds so sore! Do you need to be in a cast? Ah sure alcohol is needed for medicinal purposes ;)

I'm in a sexy boot :)

I'm in a sexy boot :)

Like this? :pac:

hqdefault.jpg

Not far wrong tbh :D

• Advertisement

Tis a sexy boot in fairness! How long do you need to have it on for?

Tis a sexy boot in fairness! How long do you need to have it on for?

12 weeks is the norm... but he said because I was walking on it and going up stairs, I may have actually helped..so could take a 2-3 weeks off that

12 weeks is the norm... but he said because I was walking on it and going up stairs, I may have actually helped..so could take a 2-3 weeks off that

12 weeks is a fair bit of time, how much longer do you have left now? You'd think walking on it would make it worse but it seems to have been good for you, hardy animal :P

12 weeks is a fair bit of time, how much longer do you have left now? You'd think walking on it would make it worse but it seems to have been good for you, hardy animal :P

12 weeks from 4pm today :D
    Yerra, I'm a rough and tough auld git, I'll survive

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Freedom !!!
    Not that I'll be going anywhere , but having the option to do so soon if I wish , is what matters !

TIIM , hope the leg heals soon , spare boot here if you need it :pac:
    Hey Cleo , hope life in Scotland is all you hoped it would be :)

• Advertisement

12 weeks from 4pm today :D
    Yerra, I'm a rough and tough auld git, I'll survive

Oh I didn't realise it just happened! :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hey Cleo , hope life in Scotland is all you hoped it would be :)

I hope you're doing well Mam :)

Ah sure, missing the brown bread and Barrys tea but getting on grand, they like to put everything into a pie here or batter it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

12 weeks is the norm... but he said because I was walking on it and going up stairs, ..../quote]

And thankfully didnt throw a clot, which can happen with untreated breaks. You're a stubborn old mule. Glad it's nothing more serious or complicated, all the same. Did they give you any goodies for the pain?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    12 weeks is the norm... but he said because I was walking on it and going up stairs, ..../quote]

And thankfully didnt throw a clot, which can happen with untreated breaks. You're a stubborn old mule. Glad it's nothing more serious or complicated, all the same. Did they give you any goodies for the pain?

Not a thing actually, I'm grand though..not in any real pain

• Registered Users Posts: 16,537 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm starting to think Sardi is Nurse Ratched! :pac:

I get that reference..killer nurse? ...sounds about right :P

I get that reference..killer nurse? ...sounds about right :P

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, so that of course means you're in an asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You wouldn't be the first to make that comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭thomil

She actually reminds me of the medical officer that my dad served under during his time in the German army (He was a conscript and assigned to a medical unit).

That was in the early 1970s, and the officer in question had served on the Eastern Front during the war. Great doctor according to my dad, and someone who'd move heaven and Earth to get the best treatment for the patients that actually needed it.

You'd get an earful if you managed to injure yourself while doing something stupid though, and woe betide any soldier who tried to fake it to avoid duty. He'd make sure that soldier was REALLY sick at the end of it :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You wouldn't be the first to make that comparison.

Great booby hugs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Who’s giving these hugs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

thomil wrote: »
    ...my dad served under during his time in the German army (He was a conscript and assigned to a medical unit).
    That was in the early 1970s,...

That brings back memories....spent some time in Swizzerland in the 70's...some number of german kids cooling their heels there at the time.
    What were they doing ?
    Draft dodging ! :D

Love the boot. Do you sleep in it ?

Nice to hear from you, Cleo. Is it spring yet up where you are ?

Gives new meaning to the idea that foot size is related to erm penis size. In fact one could say it gives extra meaning.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

giphy.gif
    Jeez Frostie, who would guess its a full moon ?

That wedding dress of yours might just be a bit too, er, diaphanous

0lddog wrote: »
    Jeez Frostie, who would guess its a full moon ?

That wedding dress of yours might just be a bit too, er, diaphanous

:P

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, feeling low and completely unmotivated. :(

Took a day off work today and planned to do some art but got very little done, felt very upset and tearful many times and eventually went back to bed.

I know with the announcement of the easing of restrictions and the May Bank holiday that I should be happy - but I feel the complete opposite.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭thomil

JupiterKid wrote: »

Took a day off work today and planned to do some art but got very little done, felt very upset and tearful many times and eventually went back to bed.

I know with the announcement of the easing of restrictions and the May Bank holiday that I should be happy - but I feel the complete opposite.

*Hugs*

There's no one specific way that you should be feeling. I've had those days as well, more often than I'd like to admit, but when it comes down to it, there's only so much control you have, and sometimes you just have a really ****ty day even though there may not be any obvious reason for it. That's just human.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

It's often gets darker just as you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Don't beat yourself up, tomorrow's another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sardi a big thank you for bringing Rancheros into my life, they are divine and I may have eaten 2 bags so far today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tomorrow can always be better or the day after or even the day after that and so on. When you feel crap, its always one bloody day at a time Ju.piter. Creativity can't really be planned. I'm sure you know that. When the time is right and you feel in the mood, it will happen for you. But first and foremost look after yourself

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Sardi a big thank you for bringing Rancheros into my life, they are divine and I may have eaten 2 bags so far today :D

Feck off you! You were the Rancheros number 1 fan in the crisp tournament. Tayto still won though. :cool:

Advertisement