Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general evil traits?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

And remember that everyone on Boards has reached the pinnacle of self actualisation and are always mature and stable in everything they do.

fcuk that, never grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    true, but maybe ignoring is a better option, there will always be arseholes in society

I worked in the same office as him and had enough of his sneaky way of putting me down. If I'd asked him nicely he would have continued. I would have zero respect for myself if I let him continually try and get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

This guy certainly has got traits of psychopathic behaviour..

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/man-who-filmed-four-dead-and-dying-police-officers-jailed-40364577.html

i mean wtf?

fryup wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/man-who-filmed-four-dead-and-dying-police-officers-jailed-40364577.html

i mean wtf?

I’ve been following that story for a while. Ya, he’s a psychopath. Almost revels in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

fryup wrote: »

i mean wtf?

Jesus, what a cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Any seriously not nice person I even met had issues and probably an undiagnosed personality disorder, the reason I say that is because of the lack of insight into their own behavior plus either no interest in other people or intensely jealous to the point of it consuming their life, another big red flag constantly reinventing themselves new fads and interests that neve last, making new friends that they drop a few months later.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Any seriously not nice person I even met had issues and probably an undiagnosed personality disorder, the reason I say that is because of the lack of insight into their own behavior plus either no interest in other people or intensely jealous to the point of it consuming their life, another big red flag constantly reinventing themselves new fads and interests that neve last, making new friends that they drop a few months later.

None of that has to equal a personality disorder. In fairness you did use the word "probably".

I would find it really difficult to tell whether or not a person has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

None of that has to equal a personality disorder. In fairness you did use the word "probably".

And you are surprised? I find that it’s generally the least qualified people who feel confident to make broad statements like that

Jequ0n wrote: »
    And you are surprised? I find that it’s generally the least qualified people who feel confident to make broad statements like that

No I'm not. It's such a fascinating area I think that many like to play "spot the personality disorder" and attribute all sorts of labels because of a few unpleasant traits.

You haven't met the two people I am talking about and its only half the story they were both very different, one interesting enough has some idea things was not right but was wary of getting a diagnosis they were very careful about what doctors they saw and would shop around for a doctor that would agree with them if they were challenged in any way they lost it but keep that well-hidden most of the time. in general, people were very wary of this person and they have lost jobs because of their behavior.

The other did a few jaw-dropping things because they were looking for revenge for some imagined slight while at the same time having little to no real interest in people only able to talk about themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I know someone who if you corrected him for something small, say skipping you in a queue, you would instantly become his enemy for life, he would stalk you, harass, threaten you at any chance he got. is that a disorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭chooseusername

At a dinner party once and we were discussing psychopaths .
    One of the guests ,a psychiatrist I think, said
    one in ten people have psychopathic tendencies.
    So after a quick count I had to kill the other nine
    to make sure I got the psycho.

I'm perfect of course :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Male Feminists - White BLM Activists - 'Time for a serious public debate on the Trans issue in society' types etc.

If Ted Bundy was alive today he would be the Wokest Mother****er you'd ever meet.

Seriously though. A major sign of a psychopath is someone who lays on the 'social justice-professional wonderful person' persona too much. It's ALWAYS about their social camouflage.

It's well known that Bundy was a conservative Republican. He even served as an assistant to the chairman of Washington state's Republican party. According to biographers he rejected liberal values & was very traditionally conservative. John Wayne Gacy would have probably been a better choice here.

mariaalice wrote: »
    You haven't met the two people I am talking about and its only half the story they were both very different, one interesting enough has some idea things was not right but was wary of getting a diagnosis they were very careful about what doctors they saw and would shop around for a doctor that would agree with them if they were challenged in any way they lost it but keep that well-hidden most of the time. in general, people were very wary of this person and they have lost jobs because of their behavior.

The other did a few jaw-dropping things because they were looking for revenge for some imagined slight while at the same time having little to no real interest in people only able to talk about themselves.

How could you tell though? I remember dating a man years ago. I was mad about him. He was exceptionally intelligent and very charming. We connected online and had taken the chat to the real world in a matter of days. There was just something about him. He turned out to be really cold, silent at times, made strange comments about not feeling love for anyone at all.

I wondered about him but there was no way I could say with certainty he had a personality disorder.

I'm very aware how we can intuitively feel something isn't right with a person but even with that we need to be mindful as it can be our own unconscious processes at play.
    It's definitely interesting to speculate and observe and question. I do that but while being aware that I really can't know. Of course it's possible the man I once dated was a psychopath. I just don't know.

How could you tell though? I remember dating a man years ago. I was mad about him. He was exceptionally intelligent and very charming. We connected online and had taken the chat to the real world in a matter of days. There was just something about him. He turned out to be really cold, silent at times, made strange comments about not feeling love for anyone at all.

I wondered about him but there was no way I could say with certainty he had a personality disorder.

I'm very aware how we can intuitively feel something isn't right with a person but even with that we need to be mindful as it can be our own unconscious processes at play.
    It's definitely interesting to speculate and observe and question. I do that but while being aware that I really can't know. Of course it's possible the man I once dated was a psycopath. I just don't know.

It an online discussion forum here that all, of course, there is no way of definitely knowing what exactly is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

This guy is interesting, callously lived his life defrauding others to the point of bankrupting them. I’m pretty sure a psychologist in the documentary mentioned him having dark triad traits.

Even his own mother is done with him.

https://youtu.be/BBwKmH3QLt0

A near constant whinging, and moaning, about Covid restrictions, Dr Tony, NPHET, “de gubbermint” and RTÉ (Ryan Tubridy and ‘The Late Late Show’ in particular).

All lives matter types, as well. Very angry men with many “shortcomings” that cause them to lash out at the world. Spending too much time online and playing computer games just isn’t good for the mind, breeds derangement and “issues” with womxn.

Emmet :( I like to moan about Tony Holohan and I love giving out on the Late Late show thread.

And all lives do matter. Even those who call women womxn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Emmet :( I like to moan about Tony Holohan and I love giving out on the Late Late show thread.

And all lives do matter. Even those who call women womxn.

Ah now, aitmDoF, I’ve seen some of your contributions to ‘The Late Late Show’ thread. You’re one of the few who uses as it was intended, a bit of a laugh and a joke. I don’t think I’ve seen you, personally, get overly nasty or vicious with your “comments”. Unlike a number of other, very angry, posters.

All lives, do indeed, matter just as all houses matter but when one house is on fire you’d want the fire brigade to hose down the one burning not having to argue with some angry little toad spitting about how his, unburning, house is just as important and worthy of a “hosing”. You know?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When it comes to your run-of-the-mill peculiarities, unusual traits or even quirks, I'd argue that the broad spectrum of human behaviour is part of what makes life interesting, and makes sustained friendships all the more valuable. I'd hate if we were all the same, life would be so boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I think any anti-lockdown protester at the moment, who are out there causing anti-social behaviour towards innocent people, would be considered as psychopaths. I think the amount of destruction that they caused towards society right now is a clear indication that they need help with a severe punishment incoming from the state to help them on the path to recovery. They somehow have a clear intention in their heads to cause injustice & misery towards other people when things don't go their own way.

These anti-lockdown protestors think they are the victims of all the lockdowns that have taken place throughout this pandemic. But really the vast majority of people who have caused the clear destruction of our society throughout this period of time are from those who have contributed very little to helping of people within society here in the 1st place. But most people who have a genuine & decent mindset in them have complied with the restrictions to date to the best of their ability but have largely been fed up with the harmful actions being caused by a few who bear no common opinion with them.

One example that I can think of in my head is that scumbag who fired the missile at a Garda at one of the protests in Grafton St Dublin within the last month or so. I don't know the Garda's family who were affected by this incident. However; if you were one of the Garda's family members watching that incident taking place on one of your relatives while it was on the news. You would not feel any remorse towards the scumbags who did this act in the first place. A lot of emotional turmoil & anger would then take place among other members of that family if they ever saw images of that incident occur right in front of them when it's on a tv screen or in a newspaper at any time of the day. They would do well to avoid the news if it was being reported by the media.

If people who know this scumbag don't try & understand that he is not a psychopath for doing it against the Garda. They are completely lost in the head & need to be severely analysed by a psychiatrist if that was necessary.

I think any anti-lockdown protester at the moment, who are out there causing anti-social behaviour towards innocent people, would be considered as psychopaths. I think the amount of destruction that they caused towards society right now is a clear indication that they need help with a severe punishment incoming from the state to help them on the path to recovery. They somehow have a clear intention in their heads to cause injustice & misery towards other people when things don't go their own way.

These anti-lockdown protestors think they are the victims of all the lockdowns that have taken place throughout this pandemic. But really the vast majority of people who have caused the clear destruction of our society throughout this period of time are from those who have contributed very little to helping of people within society here in the 1st place. But most people who have a genuine & decent mindset in them have complied with the restrictions to date to the best of their ability but have largely been fed up with the harmful actions being caused by a few who bear no common opinion with them.

One example that I can think of in my head is that scumbag who fired the missile at a Garda at one of the protests in Grafton St Dublin within the last month or so. I don't know the Garda's family who were affected by this incident. However; if you were one of the Garda's family members watching that incident taking place on one of your relatives while it was on the news. You would not feel any remorse towards the scumbags who did this act in the first place. A lot of emotional turmoil & anger would then take place among other members of that family if they ever saw images of that incident occur right in front of them when it's on a tv screen or in a newspaper at any time of the day. They would do well to avoid the news if it was being reported by the media.

If people who know this scumbag don't try & understand that he is not a psychopath for doing it against the Garda. They are completely lost in the head & need to be severely analysed by a psychiatrist if that was necessary.

I think the anti,lockdowners are just misguided....inherently good people who have been taken in by propaganda

Noone wants restrictions and i certainly hope to never see similar again in my lifetime..

I could buy a conspiracy the government would carry on like trump and downplay to keep money rolling in and gamble it would work out,

But the notion,government shuts down entire econmies to control people seems entirely ridcolus and deosnt stand up to examination tbh and someone capable of believing it,wouldnt have intelligence to be a pscyopath imo

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

I've come across one or two psychopaths only...i can understand why people get fooled by them as they usually put on all the charm in the world while underneath they are just very empty vessels. they give me the heebie jeebies and everything in my instincts screams at me to get as far away from and avoid interacting with them as much as possible. they're the type who could totally destroy your life for their own gain if you so much as gave them an inch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

People who torture and neglect animals, dissect them and kill them at a young age. Won't end well.

Certainly hasn't started well, cowards always pick on vulnerable people and small domestic animals, usually if you bully a bully, they run away, it's a solid approach, but you must make sure not to turn into a bully yourself, as that would make you worse than them. But sometimes a sudden and unexpected outbreak of violence can be effective, when delivered to an absolute ****

I do remember being in the company of a strange woman on a number of occasions. Strange isn't the right word though. There was something off. The first time we met I was full of compassion for her. The more encounters we had the more I wondered. I just didn't buy the sadness. She was either deliberately faking it or unaware of how detached she was from her feelings, or trying hard to garner sympathy the only way she knew how.

I don't know if she was a psychopath, most likely not. If you're in the company of someone and you feel kind of empty, like you can't connect with them, then chances are that's because they aren't connected to themselves.

She stuck in my mind all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Anyone any idea of the answer to the question I posted a while ago.

I know someone who if you corrected him for something small, say skipping you in a queue, you would instantly become his enemy for life, he would stalk you, harass, threaten you at any chance he got. is that a disorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I believe the vast majority of paparazzi photographers are psychopaths. You have to be a really special kind of zero-empathy cnut to stalk, harrass and invade the privacy of people like they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I believe the vast majority of paparazzi photographers are psychopaths. You have to be a really special kind of zero-empathy cnut to stalk, harrass and invade the privacy of people like they do.

Tells you more about the society you live in because that’s where the consumers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of the answer to the question I posted a while ago.

definitely strange behaviour/attitude

emotionally immature? (no luck with women a virgin?) is he small in stature? (small man syndrome) emotionally scarred? (bullied at school?)

maybe someone more qualified in psychiatry can give a more precise diagnosis but it's definitely weird & petty behaviour

is it someone close to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

I think you need to know a person a bit better to recognise the signs of psychopathy. And there are even cases (watched a lot of serial killer documentaries:eek::p), where even wifes /gf's couldn't imagine what their beloved one should be able of. That guy again, watch a Ted Bundy documantary.
    As said already, they mostly are charming and likeable until they show their true side.

A lot of severe psychopaths even show signs in their childhood, like torturing animals.

Advertisement