Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

NSAman wrote: »
    In that case don’t take a vaccine.

That’s what free choice in this world is for.

Other people will listen to doctors and “experts” and make their minds up.

i wont be taking any vaccine ever... how much of these 'experts ' getting paid by big pharma ...where are the safety studies on mixing vaccines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭giveitholly

i wont be taking any vaccine ever... how much of these 'experts ' getting paid by big pharma ...where are the safety studies on mixing vaccines ?

You seem to be getting very worked up about what other peoples choices are,which are outside your control

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sandi2472

I had my 1 at shot of Pfizer yesterday. Slightly sore on injection site but other than that I feel grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭secman

Yes - Moderna first jab

I have a brother who like you just lives for conspiracy theories , it can be either very entertaining or annoying depending on my mood when listening to him ?:)

You seem to be getting very worked up about what other peoples choices are,which are outside your control

I have no problem with people making choices and hope the vaccine works for them ... but for people to make the right choice they must have full facts to make the correct decision and that includes the down side of vaccines also .. for me mixing vaccines is a red flag ... the same way you woulndn't mix a two pack floor paint with different brands because they are not designed for each other and probably wont work properly... but mixing a two part vaccine with different brands and they are very different products ..to me crosses the line .. very dangerous and reckless to peoples health

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Some unecessary off topic posts deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I have no problem with people making choices and hope the vaccine works for them ... but for people to make the right choice they must have full facts to make the correct decision and that includes the down side of vaccines also .. for me mixing vaccines is a red flag ... the same way you woulndn't mix a two pack floor paint with different brands because they are not designed for each other and probably wont work properly... but mixing a two part vaccine with different brands and they are very different products ..to me crosses the line .. very dangerous and reckless to peoples health
    But you think two halves of a vaccine of the same brand are okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Yes - J&J
    I blows my mind that their mixing vaccines ...the risks their taking on peoples health ... and all experimental vaccines

All vaccines are mixed by your standard.
    Babies receive many vaccines in one go and 2 months apart.
    AFAIK the recommendation is to leave 2 months between vaccines. And 1 month if its a booster of a vaccine already received. (open to correction)
    So if a person gets AZ and 2 months later gets Pfizer, then it's no different to a baby getting a vaccine at 2 months and a different vaccine at 4.
    Mixing vaccines is not a risk, it is literally the vaccination schedule. At 2 months a baby is given

6 in 1 ( Diphtheria, Haemophilus Influenzae b (Hib), Hepatitis B, acellular Pertussis, inactivated Polio, Tetanus vaccine)
    Men B
    PCV
    And Rotavirus
    That's 9 different vaccines mixed together. And 2 months later there's another load.
    As for what you call experimental... Every single vaccine listed was experimental until it wasnt.

Yes - J&J
    Had Pfizer on Wednesday. Not a single side effect
    My only worry now is my children catching covid. And that's a much much smaller worry than I had for myself in cohort 4.

So if a person gets AZ and 2 months later gets Pfizer, then it's no different to a baby getting a vaccine at 2 months and a different vaccine at 4.

The Pfizer injection is an mRNA injection. The AZ injection is a non-replicating viral vector injection. The mechanism is different and they also target different parts of the spike protein. It is not clear yet that combining vaccines is useful or safe.

COM- Cov2 is a trial currently being run in the UK to test combinations of the injections. Trials are going on in lots of other countries also. Results are expected around June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

24 hours after getting Pfizer, no side effects, no sore arm or headaches.

All vaccines are mixed by your standard.
    Babies receive many vaccines in one go and 2 months apart.
    AFAIK the recommendation is to leave 2 months between vaccines. And 1 month if its a booster of a vaccine already received. (open to correction)
    Mixing vaccines is not a risk, it is literally the vaccination schedule. At 2 months a baby is given

6 in 1 ( Diphtheria, Haemophilus Influenzae b (Hib), Hepatitis B, acellular Pertussis, inactivated Polio, Tetanus vaccine)
    Men B
    PCV
    And Rotavirus
    That's 9 different vaccines mixed together. And 2 months later there's another load.
    As for what you call experimental... Every single vaccine listed was experimental until it wasnt.

i wouldn't be in favour of mixing these vaccines either ... they have their own issues such as autism , asthma etc ... but generally these are old school vaccines which are generally safer.

MNRA vaccines / gene therapy are a new technique targeting the bodies cells to produce spike proteins and have yet to successfully pass animal studies never mind human studies.

All these old vaccines took over 10 years to pass phase 111 trials before being authorised for use. The covid vaccines took less than six months testing before being allowed on emergency use basis and yet they are rolling these vaccines out world wide with no long term testing.... and now they are allowing the mixing these vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Did anyone have a mild dizziness on day 3 after Astra Zenaca ? Its not bad but I have a muzzy head and a slight feeling of swaying occacionally .

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭myfreespirit

Yes - Moderna first jab
    i wouldn't be in favour of mixing these vaccines either ... they have their own issues such as autism , asthma etc ... but generally these are old school vaccines which are generally safer.

This post appears to be complete bunkum.
    Are you qualified in immunology or related sciences?

Vaccines do not cause autism.
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html
    Why are you claiming that vaccines cause autism?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes - J&J
    Please take general vaccine discussion to the vaccine megathread. This is one for discussing experiences of those who have had the vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Completely untrue and categorically debunked with those involved losing their medical licenses. Only idiot anti-vaxxers still believe this not understanding that the whole thing was a big grift for money (and yet they'll still think "big pharma" is after them).

Yes - J&J
    astrofool wrote: »
    Completely untrue and categorically debunked with those involved losing their medical licenses. Only idiot anti-vaxxers still believe this not understanding that the whole thing was a big grift for money (and yet they'll still think "big pharma" is after them).
    Exactly what u was going to say. I won't further interact with an anti vaxxer

Yes - J&J
    The Pfizer injection is an mRNA injection. The AZ injection is a non-replicating viral vector injection. The mechanism is different and they also target different parts of the spike protein. It is not clear yet that combining vaccines is useful or safe.

COM- Cov2 is a trial currently being run in the UK to test combinations of the injections. Trials are going on in lots of other countries also. Results are expected around June.

The Mmr is a live vaccine and given 4 weeks apart from a non live vaccine.
    2 separate vaccines targeting two separate parts of viruses. Fail to see your point. Anyway that's for the other thread as Mods have pointed out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jim2007 wrote:
    Incredibly stupid is how I'd describe it. Imagine having to explain it - I spent an entire year being really careful and then having had the first jab I through caution to the wind and decide not to hold out for another month to complete the process.....

I survived my incredible stupidity I took the opportunity of being outside the house (at the GPs) to go to the shop.

It was just coincidental that it was the same day as the vaccine. The feckers in the shop had moved everything around since I had last been there. Couldn't find anything.

Your concern is touching.

@harrylittle, are you willing to take any vaccination?

Why do you believe that these vaccines have only emergency use authorisation in Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Yes - Moderna first jab
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did anyone have a mild dizziness on day 3 after Astra Zenaca ? Its not bad but I have a muzzy head and a slight feeling of swaying occacionally .

Yes, still have it slightly and I was vaccinated 16 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thatsmighty

No, I'm 32 and will be waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab

I had the AZ vaccine on Wednesday and felt fine on Thursday and Friday. But I was definitely a bit out of sorts yesterday and I also feel a bit muzzy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    abff wrote: »
    I had the AZ vaccine on Wednesday and felt fine on Thursday and Friday. But I was definitely a bit out of sorts yesterday and I also feel a bit muzzy today.

Thank you . I hope you feel better now . I had mine on Thursday and still am a bit flat and lack motivation . But its a small price to pay .

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I had 1st dose Pfizer no side effects besides sore arm injection point, was advised to take paracetamol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Did anyone have a mild dizziness on day 3 after Astra Zenaca ? Its not bad but I have a muzzy head and a slight feeling of swaying occacionally .my sister (late 40's )still gets a few dizzy spells.Got her jabb in march i think.
    My neice 26 had no ill effects.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yes - J&J
    why are qualified doctors losing their medical licenses if they question the vaccines ? who is judging those doctors ... big pharma ... through their controlled cdc or eu equivalent? how many more doctors would like to speak up but are afraid to loose their licenses / big salaries .

Threadbanned

Got a slight dry cough a day after getting a Pfizer shot. No temperature rise or other side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Has anyone (HCW or otherwise) got their second Az dose yet?

I’m due mine at the start of May, but have not received any guidance if it will go ahead (at the 12 week mark) and/or if it will be substituted with a different vaccine.... (due to the current suspension)

Paul Reid sent an email to all staff last week on the HSE mailing list. He said we'd get AZ, but it would be pushed out to 16 weeks, rather than 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Has any vaccinated person been able to opt for a vaccine brand other than the one scheduled for them. I'm very reluctant to take AZ (I won't go into details). I'd feel much happier taking Pfizer. Anyone had any luck sourcing an alternative through their GP, Pharmacy or wherever ???

Advertisement