Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Options

Comments

Danzy wrote: »
    Some times an operation went wrong.

Sometimes conflict's are messy.

There was a standing order to all Volunteers that the Guards were not to be fired upon if at all possible. That was largely followed, at great effort and cost.

The knife man in France followed standing order in his green book.

If at all possible?
    Give me a break. No excuse for any of them killing gardai.

You should know that yourself.
    Many were arrested on the way to kill people.
    It’s the same with the criminal gangs in Dublin.
    The Gardai have infiltrated them.
    You already know this.

How many republicans were arrested on their way to kill garda members?
    How many murders of gardai were stopped because gardai knew the motive of republican?
    None. And you know it.

There are motives for nearly everything.
    People can view those motives as wrong but they still exist.

Bubbly pop doesn't understand what the word motive means.

Bubbly knows exactly what motive is thanks.
    I don't care what their motive is.
    It doesn't matter. They murdered a policewoman.
    I don't care what Aaron Brady's or his buddies motives were, when they murdered Adrian Donohue. I don't care what Adrian Mackins motive was when he shot Tony Golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Overheal wrote: »
    Easy to see how it's relevant; reckless to apply that sense against other Muslims, for no other sake than being Muslim.

It’s not about Muslims, it’s about anybody seeking to come here from another EU country , coming here with ...

1. A need to be here, as opposed to a want.

2. No desire, political, religious or otherwise to do the state here or its citizens harm.

3. To respect the law and cultures and adhere to them.

That applies to Muslim, Sikh, Jewish, Christian, Hindi people... ALL people..

When France opened its doors, look what happened, so why not here ?

Since 1970, more than 400 people have been killed and over 1,700 others injured in terrorist attacks in France

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Claims to not know what virtue signalling is.

Says religion doesn't matter, even though that was the motive.

Brings up the Ira.

What next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

bubblypop wrote: »
    If at all possible?
    Give me a break. No excuse for any of them killing gardai.

You forgot to add IMHO.

I'm not making an excuse. I could care less how you feel about it. I view it as regrettable, unfortunate, conflict is always filled with such.

This Man had a motive, that doesn't mean it excuses him.

Nearly everything in life, everything in history is driven by some motivation.

You may not understand what the word motivation means but you can't expect others to change to fit your definition.

Do you think that this Man just killed at random and with no personal reasoning why?

It would be a very unusual killing if so.

Is it not that you find it personally inconvenient to look at his motivations so have to go down a bizarre rabbit hole to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How many republicans were arrested on their way to kill garda members?
    How many murders of gardai were stopped because gardai knew the motive of republican?
    Nine. And you know it.

I don’t know but I’d believe there were indeed several. The Gardai had lots of information about all groups in N. Ireland during the troubles.
    That’s not the point of this thread though.

There were men, women and children murdered by radicalised Muslim groups in many European cities, Paris, Nice, London etc etc.
    The police have to find out all they can about them in order to prevent further atrocities. If you don’t understand your enemy then can’t defeat them.
    That’s the point of the exercise.

Claims to not know what virtue signalling is.

Says religion doesn't matter, even though that was the motive.

Brings up the Ira.

What next?

Religion is a motive to kill police?
    Sorry, I don't believe I care what excuses people come up with. If you're a murderer, that's all you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Well, that's a big surprise, isn't it.
    A Muslim migrant slits the throat of a woman working as an administrative officer in a police station while screaming "Allah Akbar" and almost immediately the IRA is brought up by the same posters who do it as a form of deflection every time these types of abhorrent crimes occurs. I'm not sure if they brought up Irish priests yet.

By the way, Stéphanie M. was 49 years of age and a mother of two. Let's remember the innocent victim in all of this.

Sorry, I don't believe I care what excuses people come up with. If you're a murderer, that's all you are.

Are you trying to get him charged on a lesser offence?

If you are French I'd suspect so.

His Lawyer will try your approach, without much success but that's a Lawyer's role, to protect their client.

What's your motivation to give him succour.

• Advertisement

I don’t know but I’d believe there were indeed several. The Gardai had lots of information about all groups in N. Ireland during the troubles.
    That’s not the point of this thread though.

There were men, women and children murdered by radicalised Muslim groups in many European cities, Paris, Nice, London etc etc.
    The police have to find out all they can about them in order to prevent further atrocities. If you don’t understand your enemy then can’t defeat them.
    That’s the point of the exercise.

I agree completely that police need to understand about radicalised fanatics, any type of radicalized fanatics. And they do.
    I see many posters jumping on threads like this, first to post ridiculous stuff like
    ' Religion of peace '
    'muslims'
    Etc etc.

It's not that simple. The fact that someone is of the Islam faith is not the reason they commit any atrocities. There are far more reasons, far more complex that just their religion.

So no, I don't care less what religion a murderer is.

Kivaro wrote: »
    By the way, Stéphanie M. was 49 years of age and a mother of two. Let's remember the innocent victim in all of this.

Nice to see someone is interested in the poor dead policewoman.

Are you trying to get him charged on a lesser offence?

If you are French I'd suspect so.

His Lawyer will try your approach, without much success but that's a Lawyer's role, to protect their client.

What's your motivation to give him succour.

I'm not giving him anything. Life imprisonment, no parole, is perfect penalty, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So no, I don't care less what religion a murderer is.

Well that’s your own personal view.

Police investigating this murder need to know who they are looking for, the district they might be living in, who their friends are and who radicalised them.
    There may be others ready to attack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Some times an operation went wrong.

Sometimes conflict's are messy.

There was a standing order to all Volunteers that the Guards were not to be fired upon if at all possible. That was largely followed, at great effort and cost.

The knife man in France followed standing order in his green book.

two out of the last three gardai to be murdered were killed by people who thought they were republicans.

Jerry McCabe was killed by republicans

dont try to claim the ira were anything but a gang of murdering scumbags no different that isis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

.anon. wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's right to blame either. The people who carry out such attacks - whether it's a Muslim fanatic in France, a far-right fanatic in the UK or an incel in the US - are always cut from similar cloth. The ideology is just a cover.

No , its a motivator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Which apologists?

The ones who thanked this post

Well that’s your own personal view.

Police investigating this murder need to know who they are looking for, the district they might be living in, who their friends are and who radicalised them.
    There may be others ready to attack.

There was a funny sketch online about a Jihadi trying to convince some rich kid progressives that he knew why he did what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

It was for this guy.

It was for this guy.

No.
    There is far more to it. It's really not that simple.

• Advertisement

It was for this guy.

He knows why he did it, proudly flaunts it. Isn't ashamed of it.

It doesn't fit the needs of some modern, largely middle and upper class progressives.

Conflict's with their world views.

Therefore he has no motivation, no problem here, no why. Just another tragic murder.

No.

You need to let him know exactly what his motivations, reasoning was.

He has to be set straight. You should also inform the French police. They are going to look at his words, thoughts and actions. Seems others who knew him are running with the Religious theme, lazy of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

TomSweeney wrote: »
    What % of that 1.8 BILLION have sympathies with these attackers ?

At what % do they meet some criteria for it being okay to tar the every last one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No.

It absolutely is. For these radicals, they are told that killing infidels is the work of God and their right to do so.

Does that mean that all Muslims believe this? Absolutely not, but it would be madness to ignore the source and motive behind the attacks by those that do, and more than that use that fact as a means to gather more intelligence and prevent further attacks.

This is basic stuff that frankly I'm astonished you're disputing as someone on that front line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I do enjoy this thread a lot. Please keep going all

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It absolutely is. For these radicals, they are told that killing infidels is the work of God and their right to do so.

Does that mean that all Muslims believe this? Absolutely not, but it would be madness to ignore the source and motive behind the attacks by those that do, and more than that use that fact as a means to gather more intelligence and prevent further attacks.

This is basic stuff that frankly I'm astonished you're disputing as someone on that front line.

It's far more complex then just 'religion'
    Police do gather information and intelligence about radical terrorists.
    Claiming they do these things because of their religion is just lazy, and is actually no assistance whatsoever when trying to figure out why they do, what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Claiming they do these things because of their religion is just lazy, and is actually no assistance whatsoever when trying to figure out why they do, what they do.

many jihadis come from well off backrounds , this is often nothing to do with poverty stricken backrounds

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't think you understand the people we're talking about here. This isn't a dispute over land or colonialism wrapped in an argument of religion (as you suggested with your references to the Troubles up North), or scumbags being scumbags.

The Islamic radicals and terrorists believe that anyone who is not a believer is a fair target, and that it is their duty to punish those infidels. More than that, they believe that they are doing God's work as I said, and will be rewarded for it in the afterlife.

In other words, they don't think like we do and you cannot just use the same methodology that was used with the groups up North. To do that would be a potentially disastrous mistake.

As I said, it really worries me that this is your attitude. You seem determined to ignore and downplay the clear motives involved here for no logical reason. This is where left/Liberal ideology runs into the hard brick wall of reality I'm afraid.

I can only hope your colleagues in the intelligence sections are more open and broad minded to the risks and reasons involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Loverlyhorse

Have YOU?

Yes I've read the Quran. Not hard to see why they hate infidels and support jihad and martyrdom. Read it yourself and educate yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Loverlyhorse

There was a funny sketch online about a Jihadi trying to convince some rich kid progressives that he knew why he did what he did.

Can you please link this? I can't find what you're referring to but want to see it. Thanks

Advertisement