Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fitz's Youtube Channel

• 22-04-2021 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭

Here is my watch, bordeom has me doing the whole video thing....its a piece of piss really. Some youtubers are so lazy, and others get credit for old rope. Note actual macro shots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Fitz II wrote: »
    Here is my watch, bordeom has me doing the whole video thing....its a piece of piss really. Some youtubers are so lazy, and others get credit for old rope.

Bridge & Pallet? Absolutely subscribing to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

david wrote: »
    Bridge & Pallet?

Its a dental pun...I am a dentist and Wibbs is my pun hero, I am trying to live up to his high level of terrible puns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Its a dental pun...I am a dentist and Wibbs is my pun hero.
    Well, I for one look forward to the bitter-sweet dichotomy of invasive root canal & surgical extraction tutorials with the odd precious metal macro shot for good measure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

and screaming. Lots of screaming. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭893bet

What type of box comes with it Fitz? Lack Important detail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Its a dental pun...I am a dentist and Wibbs is my pun hero, I am trying to live up to his high level of terrible puns.

It's quite honestly a bloody genius name for a combined watch and dentistry channel!
    It is brilliant and I would certainly add that to my other 2 YouTube subs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

banie01 wrote: »
    It's quite honestly a bloody genius name for a combined watch and dentistry channel!
    It is brilliant and I would certainly add that to my other 2 YouTube subs :P

But?

Birneybau wrote: »
    But?

No but, had watched it embedded and hadn't realised Fitz had actually started a channel.
    Have subbed now tho :)

I actually have 6 subs now, worried I wont be able to walk down the street without being recognised.

I am going to start doing some reviews and hitting you guys up for watches to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭893bet

I actually have 6 subs now, worried I wont be able to walk down the street without being recognised.

I am going to start doing some reviews and hitting you guys up for watches to review.

Already the second biggest Irish watch channel just behind timeless.

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    Already the second biggest Irish watch channel just behind timeless.

Its organic growth too

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

You could start a new meet-up trend; "Timepieces & Teeth" like cars and coffee only with watches... and dentistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Time wrote: »
    You could start a new meet-up trend; "Timepieces & Teeth" like cars and coffee only with watches... and dentistry.

And the amount of pain relief he gives you during your dental procedure is based on how good he rates your watch.I’d watch that on YouTube

OMG OMG OMG, I got my own thread.

I would like to thank my producer, my wife and all the little people who helped me get to this point. I would like to thank the academy for the honour.

I did my first review vid, but I need to redo it cause editing it I realised I was totally on the wrong track with my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I did my first review vid...

I predict that it’s mostly shots of you trying on that Benyar Milgauss while muttering the word “sh!tter” a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I'm not getting any sound on that video, and I've tried it on two different devices.

Anyone else have that problem?

There is no sound on the video.

There is no sound on the video.

Depriving the world of what I presume is a dulcet and authoritative tone, well tempered by years of talking to open orifices?
    That's not gonna help ya get monetised ;)

On a serious note tho, lovely watch and GLWS.
    I look forward to your next video and drooling just a little ;)

Depriving the world of what I presume is a dulcet and authoritative tone, well tempered by years of talking to open orifices?
    That's not gonna help ya get monetised ;)

I have a gimpy voice....but I will have to get over that I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When you said you had a gimpy vpice I expected peewee herman or something, but nope. No gimpiness detected. :D Quick progress in production values too. Kudos.

Man the winding sounds as rough as a badger's arse.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Wibbs wrote: »
    When you said you had a gimpy vpice I expected peewee herman or something, but nope. No gimpiness detected. :D Quick progress in production values too. Kudos.

Man the winding sounds as rough as a badger's arse.
    I think I can speak for most of us here when I say, "we'll defer to your expertise in this matter" :cool:

Don't like strapped watches, bracelets only. Anyone else like that? Nice videos Fitz!

Far easier to listen to than many reviews Fitz.
    Nothing gimpy at all about your voice and an enjoyable review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Far easier to listen to than many reviews Fitz.
    Nothing gimpy at all about your voice and an enjoyable review.
    Agreed, very soothing and easy to listen to. I wish my voice was like Fitz's. FFS I sound more like Mickey Mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nicely done Fitz! You kept it really cool and to the point, no need to resort to swearing and vulgarities to get your point across. Love the little dig at "one more watch" channel too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I have a gimpy voice....but I will have to get over that I suppose.

Sure no one likes the sound of their own voice when they hear it back.

That was surprisingly good , look forward to the next one .Maybe stick on a pair of shades and add in a scenic walk around Dun laoghaire !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Was that an intentional "hommage" in the title screen Fitz? :P

I see the like/dislike ratio indicates that this is a "controversial" video - perhaps it will go viral? :D

You do make a good point about (potentially) some of the factories using the same tooling to make fakes. It's why when I ask for tooling to be made that may be close to what big brands use I ask them to be made with moulding that means they couldn't repurpose the moulds for fakes - so no 16mm glidelock-esque clasps - factories get confused when I ask for 18mm glidelock-esque clasps "why would you want a 18mm one when everyone wants a 16mm one?" :pac:

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Was that an intentional "hommage" in the title screen Fitz? :P

I spotted that too....Doh...still not going to rerender the entire thing. Misspelling things is very much a "Fitz" thing to do.
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    I see the like/dislike ratio indicates that this is a "controversial" video - perhaps it will go viral? :D

I would say at least 3 of them are the usual suspects, still all counts as engagement, so I appreciate them watching and I hope they wear their pieces in good health.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

I can see this going OF, fitz will be earning 12k a month. Doing reviews with only the watch on:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

mad m wrote: »
    I can see this going OF, fitz will be earning 12k a month. Doing reviews with only the watch on:D

It'll be like Sólás - when will the watch review "business" overtake the dentistry business? :D

Advertisement