Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Id love to see a picture of your Landroid mower house. I'm hoping to install mine next week. Just have to buy extra guide wire pegs.
    I also have an Carpenter for a father and I think he'd love the project of building a garage for the mower.
    nicol wrote: »
    Would love to see a picture of Chopper's house, need some ideas on how best to house mine when I get it!

Check out this post from myself a little while back - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116697932&postcount=2870

I ended up buying the Large Kennel and modified it almost exactly the same as the last photo.

Delighted with how it turned out and love to see the Mower sneak in home for a nap and to dodge a bit of work !!!
    Id love to see a picture of your Landroid mower house. I'm hoping to install mine next week. Just have to buy extra guide wire pegs.
    I also have an Carpenter for a father and I think he'd love the project of building a garage for the mower.
    searay wrote: »
    I'd go with that wire on Amazon and not the pet fence wire.

I've a pet fence installed and, to my eye, the wire is of a much lighter gauge than the automower wire.

Searay is 100% right, it may be helpful to mention that I can confirm I was able to use some of the standard yellow "Petsafe" radio fence wire to set up a test boundary loop and guide wire.

It worked the finest and would have lasted well - Def no issue using as a stop-gap while waiting for a delivery. (Or for much longer I'm sure)

The issue here is that the Automower Dealers are charging extortionate amounts for this wire so supply is actually an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Would love to see a picture of Chopper's house, need some ideas on how best to house mine when I get it!

I posted this a bit further back....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116697241&postcount=2867

It's not glamorous or anything but then It probably doesn't need to be.
    That's Rovie, his transformer is inside the garage.
    Chopper (M500) has the same design house. There is 3 beams supporting the roof so I will screw the transformer to one of those beams under the roof.

Edit just to add:
    Keep in mind that the Worx has a specific need to drive in front 1st and to exit front first too.
    I have noticed that when leaving the charging station he doesn't just drive out, but makes a standing turn to the left (maybe the same amount every time?) and then drives off.
    This hasn't been a problem with the house pictured, but for the smaller one I may need to experiment with its placing so the leg doesn't get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Thanks for sharing that. I've been thinking in the meantime about my own setup; I plan on placing my charging station next to a garden wall and so I could potentially mount somthing like this on the wall.

8718475728160_a_en_r458.jpg

It would mean I wouldn't have to worry about the turn the the mower takes as it would have a clear run to the left.

Anyone done something similar?

ArrBee wrote: »
    I posted this a bit further back....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116697241&postcount=2867

It's not glamorous or anything but then It probably doesn't need to be.
    That's Rovie, his transformer is inside the garage.
    Chopper (M500) has the same design house. There is 3 beams supporting the roof so I will screw the transformer to one of those beams under the roof.

Edit just to add:
    Keep in mind that the Worx has a specific need to drive in front 1st and to exit front first too.
    I have noticed that when leaving the charging station he doesn't just drive out, but makes a standing turn to the left (maybe the same amount every time?) and then drives off.
    This hasn't been a problem with the house pictured, but for the smaller one I may need to experiment with its placing so the leg doesn't get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bedouin79

was thinking about getting this for Luigi..aanyone have experience

https://www.donedeal.ie/gardenequipment-for-sale/robotic-auto-lawnmower-garage-house-shelter/27561539

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

All good with my McCulloch this evening.... went into an electrical wholesalers this afternoon and told them what I wanted. The guy came out with a ~half 200m spool of wire with a higher gauge then the norm - "I'll give you a deal on that" (because they normally sell full spools)... €12. Happy out.

Now to get working on some sort of kennel and adjusting some of the wires a bit tomorrow evening!

Thanks all for the great support!!

• Advertisement

Bedouin79 wrote: »

Speaking from direct personal experience in very recent memory as someone who bought a dog kennel and spent much longer than originally planned on my hands and knees modifying the entrance to convert it into an Automower Garage I think the one in your link looks like a very attractive and better alternative.

My Kennel was €115 - Link and for an extra €35 you end up with a hassle free more professional looking finished product.

The killer was that if they had just screwed everything together the modifications would have been much easier - But they glued the lot too which made things much harder.

If I had known ahead of time I would have bought the above one for sure as a better alternative and in fairness to the Seller I wouldn't think he's making anything over a reasonable profit margin for himself.

- The only thing I don't like about the one in your link it is that there's nothing separating the entire footing of it from the ground so from day one its going to be sitting in water and that's not great news for the wood.

The plastic feet on the kennels are much better in this respect.

The advert mentions it's untreated too which is a positive in that you can choose whatever paint or stain you want I suppose but then on the other hand it's immediate trouble and expense you have to go for after paying for the thing and assembling it which is probably just going to be a pain...... I'd chance ringing the Seller and asking if there's a treated option also.

b800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

Bedouin79 wrote: »

The house is made entirely of untreated wood

:rolleyes: I dunno about this part

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭happyplants

Thanks for sharing that. I've been thinking in the meantime about my own setup; I plan on placing my charging station next to a garden wall and so I could potentially mount somthing like this on the wall.

8718475728160_a_en_r458.jpg

It would mean I wouldn't have to worry about the turn the the mower takes as it would have a clear run to the left.

Anyone done something similar?

I have just actually put two of those in the skip. I assume there are different brands, but what I got was the most flimsy piece of rubbish. Even a moderate wind was pulling at it terribly. Effectively, the plastic roof just slides into groove on the sides. I'm sure it would be fine in a sheltered area just to keep down-pours off. I had been attempting to use two joined together (they slot in together) as a bike cover, and it was just pointless with the amount of flex in the wind.

There may be better ones, and I'm sure I should have returned them instead of wasting the money and binning them, but I found them absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bedouin79

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Speaking from direct personal experience in very recent memory as someone who bought a dog kennel and spent much longer than originally planned on my hands and knees modifying the entrance to convert it into an Automower Garage I think the one in your link looks like a very attractive and better alternative.

My Kennel was €115 - Link and for an extra €35 you end up with a hassle free more professional looking finished product.

The killer was that if they had just screwed everything together the modifications would have been much easier - But they glued the lot too which made things much harder.

If I had known ahead of time I would have bought the above one for sure as a better alternative and in fairness to the Seller I wouldn't think he's making anything over a reasonable profit margin for himself.

- The only thing I don't like about the one in your link it is that there's nothing separating the entire footing of it from the ground so from day one its going to be sitting in water and that's not great news for the wood.

The plastic feet on the kennels are much better in this respect.

The advert mentions it's untreated too which is a positive in that you can choose whatever paint or stain you want I suppose but then on the other hand it's immediate trouble and expense you have to go for after paying for the thing and assembling it which is probably just going to be a pain...... I'd chance ringing the Seller and asking if there's a treated option also.

b800.jpg

The plastic feet are a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

So - myrobotcenter have just told me that again they don't have my Landroid to ship-20.4 April was the second date I was given since start of March .. It is great to have a cheap robot - but that entails actually having it..

I see the same for the Roborock vacuum/mops..

I guess no other choice than asking for my money back and hope they still have it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Hi, my brother is looking at the Worx Landroid M700 (also potentially from myrobotcenter). Has anyone any feedback on this mower? And also, have people still orders which remain unfulfilled from MRC on this robot and can suggest anywhere else at a similar price?

Thanks

Hi, my brother is looking at the Worx Landroid M700 (also potentially from myrobotcenter). Has anyone any feedback on this mower? And also, have people still orders which remain unfulfilled from MRC on this robot and can suggest anywhere else at a similar price?

Thanks

That is the one I have on order.. I would love to know a place with similar price that actually has them in stock

That is the one I have on order.. I would love to know a place with similar price that actually has them in stock

How long have you been waiting since you placed your order?

First week in March

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Has anyone used converter plugs when buying from Europe?
    https://www.satworld.ie/schuko-convertor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

First week in March

Hi,

I was in the same boat.

I cancelled my order with MRC with the move to 20th April and following a lead from another member, I got one from https://www.newgardenstore.eu/en/

I got a M500, slightly more expensive that MRC but ordered and dispatched within 6 days and delivered to Co Clare within another 6 days.

Just setting it up now..............which leads me to another question

Regards

Liam

I'm waiting on the second half of an order I placed with them on the 18th March.

Everybody says they've good customer service, of course they do, they've Olympic levels of Customer care training dealing with all the Customers they've routinely, knowingly and willfully ****ed over daily!

They're not worth the stress imo

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hi,
    So my Landroid M500 arrived and I have set up the boundary wire and charging station.

My garden is around 370m2 with a slight slope well within the range of the M500.

Overall, its working well, but the mower seems to be 'very low to the ground' particularly the non driving front wheel ad it get stuck against the grass height and has to reverse.
    The lawn was cut just last week.

I made a short video of this the mower getting stuck and would like to get peoples opinion on this

https://youtu.be/CgZC2RgZKXc

Regards

L

You could start by raising the blades one more notch to the highest level...

Mine was doing something similar after I lowered it.
    I figured it was rubbing against the moss and there was too much friction on the cutting deck.
    My plan is to run it at highest setting for a long time while trying to deal with moss etc then look to lower it later on. Maybe next season...

• Advertisement

FM252 wrote: »
    Has anyone used converter plugs when buying from Europe?
    https://www.satworld.ie/schuko-convertor.html

Why not just fit an Irish plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

You lose your warranty apparently

FM252 wrote: »
    You lose your warranty apparently

Ooops....
    LOL

I've used that sort of converter plug for other things - whenever they were supplied.
    Only downside that I found was bulk.

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi,
    So my Landroid M500 arrived and I have set up the boundary wire and charging station.

My garden is around 370m2 with a slight slope well within the range of the M500.

Overall, its working well, but the mower seems to be 'very low to the ground' particularly the non driving front wheel ad it get stuck against the grass height and has to reverse.

I made a short video of this the mower getting stuck and would like to get peoples opinion on this

Regards

L

In my McCulloch manual they advise doing a full cut with a regular mower (as you've done) and then starting Automower cutting at the highest setting and then gradually moving it down after a week or two.

I assume that this is to ease the mower in and get it started as well as to allow the wire to bed in a little if its been pinned down and not buried so the mower doesn't cut it somewhere along the way.

What's odd about your video though is that my mowers bodywork (outer shell or whatever way you'd describe it) is never anywhere near the grass itself there's always at least 1cm clearance between the lower rim and the grass itself no matter what height the cutting disc is set at.

Its like the whole body of the machine is nestled too far into the grass and needs to be somehow raised up - Is there any adjustment available for this?

Surely someone on here with a Landroid will be able to advise what's going wrong here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards

L

I have 2x M500
    Definitely looks like your grass is too long for the mower still
    Needs another manual cut - make sure not to leave the cuttings of they'll catch it too at that length

Can anybody who owns an M700 or a Worx mower give some feedback on it. Would you recommend it? Any issues you wish were resolved? How's the app control?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Thud

Can anybody who owns an M700 or a Worx mower give some feedback on it. Would you recommend it? Any issues you wish were resolved? How's the app control?

Have the L2000, would recommend.
    I would suggest buying the aftermarket wheels spikes (amazon.de) as the rubber wheels can lose traction after wet spells and end up spinning when it hits something (trees etc).

I've had it on 40mm setting for last few weeks and lawn is like a carpet again.

Thud wrote: »
    Have the L2000, would recommend.
    I would suggest buying the aftermarket wheels spikes (amazon.de) as the rubber wheels can lose traction after wet spells and end up spinning when it hits something (trees etc).

I've had it on 40mm setting for last few weeks and lawn is like a carpet again.

Thanks Thud,

How was the setup for you. I've heard a few people had issues with it for a number of weeks trying to return home, getting stuck, Wifi and app connectivity issues? Whats your experience?

I also heard that the manual says the charging dock needs to be dry. Did you mount a cover over yours? and How long have you been running it?

Thanks

MyRobotCentre keeping up their usual rubbish form - The thing that's extra irritating here is that this is multiple different items so it doesn't even make sense - It's just a generalised fob-off.

1000% avoid.

Capture.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

If MyRobotCentre is a no-no, then are there other sites that offer similar prices without the poor Customer Service.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    MyRobotCentre keeping up their usual rubbish form - The thing that's extra irritating here is that this is multiple different items so it doesn't even make sense - It's just a generalised fob-off.

1000% avoid.

Capture.png

Advertisement