Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi there - Just a quick question, a friend was asking me how they might go about setting up a putting green in a particular area of their lawn.

Originally I thought you'd just make a closed loop of the appropriate size and shape and then lower the cutting height on the mower for a nice close cut and then simply drop the automower into this area on manual mode.

But then I realised this is a loop within a loop so I presume it won't work?

The only other thing I can think of is having a dedicated secondary loop coming directly from the charging station and using a 2-gang, 2-way switch to effectively make the automower think that there's just one putting green sized loop in existence just with a flick of 2 switches.

Has anyone done this yet? Any thoughts please?

Thanks.

PS I might have to ask on the golf forum - but if anyone knows where you could buy a proper golf hole (cup?) and flag (pin?) etc please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hi,

In the same boat myself, I ordered a Worx off them on the 1st March with a dispatch date of the 15th, no sign of even getting to Myrobot center yet. Latest email says the 20th April and don'tt be bothering with your emails

If I cancel my order, will I have hassle getting my money refunded?

Has anybody done with with this company?

Regards

Liam

Hi Liam,

My parcel form myrobotcentre arrived today 12 days after ordering.

My guess for anyone ordering from them is that:

A. Its the start of the cutting season and they're probably inundated with orders, returns, customer support issues, problems meeting demand and whatever else.

B. They're not going to refuse anyones money on the day.....regardless of how long it may take to fulfil the actual order.

So you'll get your machine but who knows when.

Their support was reactive enough in fairness - Tell them waiting weeks is not an option and politely ask for a refund if you've a plan B to fall back on - They'll most likely oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

So my 2 Ambrogio 4.36 Elites arrived today from Italy. A long wait after nearly a month since they were ordered, but very happy with them.

Have them charging now and will try to get the perimeter cable in the main lawn section over the next few days. I might try them out doing a spiral cycle tonight to see how they go.

I then need to set up the +Infinity system to get them to team up and work together on a single area.

Hi Mango Joe,

I hear you but just worried when I see another user in the same boat but he has ordered since Feb and still no sign. My Robot Centre have pushed out all Worx orders until the 20th April. But I get no sense of comfort from their support that my order will ship then.

Very tempted to ask for refund and go for McCulloch R1000 from NorthxSouth. Get the sense that R1000 is around a while which is both good and bad!

Regards
    Liam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭E30M3

tedimc wrote: »
    So my 2 Ambrogio 4.36 Elites arrived today from Italy. A long wait after nearly a month since they were ordered, but very happy with them.

Have them charging now and will try to get the perimeter cable in the main lawn section over the next few days. I might try them out doing a spiral cycle tonight to see how they go.

I then need to set up the +Infinity system to get them to team up and work together on a single area.

Congrats on the purchase, looks like a great machine. Who did you purchase off and would you recommend them?

Much of a saving over Irish Prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi Mango Joe,

I hear you but just worried when I see another user in the same boat but he has ordered since Feb and still no sign. My Robot Centre have pushed out all Worx orders until the 20th April. But I get no sense of comfort from their support that my order will ship then.

Very tempted to ask for refund and go for McCulloch R1000 from NorthxSouth. Get the sense that R1000 is around a while which is both good and bad!

Regards
    Liam

Hi,

I just requested my refund yesterday and they have processed it today - in fairness there was no hassle at all.

My thinking is get the money back and then I can decide, even if it means I re-order when they finally do get stock in.

The Cut to the Edge was a big selling point for me so I might wait - not sure if others have experience of other mowers in this regard or feedback on the Worx.

Niall

Congratulations - They look like great machines, a bit of a Formula 1 vibe about them!

Keep us posted I'd be interested in hearing your verdict and thoughts.
    Hi Mango Joe,

Regards
    Liam

I'd actually cancel instantly and go elsewhere - There's no way I'd let a company like that bank my money indefinitely and sit around wondering if they'll ever get back to me.....

I'm delighted with my McCulloch R1000 from NorthxSouth - It's a great machine and I'm unaware of any downside with this deal, next day delivery too.

I've posted earlier in this thread so won't repeat all that but just to add that it's rated for 1000 metres +/- 20% so plenty of capability there.

Also to answer your point about it being out a while and whether that's a good or bad thing - It's got key Husqvarna engineering and components, and they've been making Automowers since 1995. So you can be sure that the technology was well established before the release of the Rob R1000 - I think the current model is generation 3 so they've had plenty of opportunity to correct any issues that may have arisen as the product evolved both in terms of the physical engineering involved and the software controlling the machine.
    E30M3 wrote: »
    Congrats on the purchase, looks like a great machine. Who did you purchase off and would you recommend them?

Curious too :)
    iggy82 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just requested my refund yesterday and they have processed it today - in fairness there was no hassle at all.

My thinking is get the money back and then I can decide, even if it means I re-order when they finally do get stock in.

The Cut to the Edge was a big selling point for me so I might wait - not sure if others have experience of other mowers in this regard or feedback on the Worx.

Niall

My plan is to lay wire right up to kerbs where possible and burn off anything the mower cannot reach with weedkiller - No strimming being considered ever! Have been doing this my regular mower for years and once you've clean straight lines on this edging everything looks perfect.

So my 2 Ambrogio 4.36 Elites

:cool:

Wow 6000sqm per machine, you must have some lawn!

E30M3 wrote: »

Thanks. I purchased from newgardenstore.eu

I took a chance and found them online. But they seemed to have decent reviews so took a punt and paid with PayPal so at least had some protection.

I didn't save a lot, maybe 200-400 per machine based on who I talked to locally. They were a lot cheaper for perimeter wire though. However - what really pushed me towards this route:
    • 1 - Every dealer I talked to was extremely busy and were not interested in a supply only sale. For fitting, I would have had to wait until June/July.
    • 2 - One who could fit relatively soon was looking for 1500 to fit 1 robot. He may have done the two for that, but it would have been at least that.
    • 3 - Most were pushing me into the larger L400 (13k plus) model for my size area as they had no experience setting up +Inifinity.

I would recommend them, as the items are perfect and very well packaged. However - my only gripe was that they initially said I would have the items in 1 week. It was two to three weeks before they shipped them.

Everything was via email and they were responsive, but due to translation difficulties the responses were lacking detail.

If you are not in a rush and plan to self fit - I would use them. If you need something in less than 1 month, maybe look elsewhere.

Delivery for the pallet in the photo was on 20 euro.

• Advertisement

:cool:

Wow 6000sqm per machine, you must have some lawn!

Afraid so, we had a field in front of our house that we ended up reclaiming and using as garden (for a number of reasons). So in total, we will have some 12k-14k m2 in total to cover. I am hoping that two will do it, but if not; I'll tackle some of the other areas manually for a year or so and then maybe add another smaller unit to the fleet. One L400 would have done it, but there is a good bit of travel from area to area required and I didn't like the idea of all that cash tied up in 1 unit. Couldn't have afforded it anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭blackbox

I have a Husqvarna app question that someone may be able to help me with.

Sometimes when I lift the mower and move it to a different area it gives me a menu option on the app to mow secondary area for x amount of time or until battery is flat as well as the options to mow the main area.

Other times it only gives me the main area options with no secondary area options.

It seems to have nothing to do with the actual location - I suspect it is due to the sequence of actions I take - e.g. pause by app before pressing stop lever or vice versa, but I can't work out the exact sequence consistently.

Anyone familiar with this?

NB I hope to get all the areas joined eventually when the grass grows!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

Thanks. I purchased from newgardenstore.eu

I took a chance and found them online. But they seemed to have decent reviews so took a punt and paid with PayPal so at least had some protection.

I didn't save a lot, maybe 200-400 per machine based on who I talked to locally. They were a lot cheaper for perimeter wire though. However - what really pushed me towards this route:
    • 1 - Every dealer I talked to was extremely busy and were not interested in a supply only sale. For fitting, I would have had to wait until June/July.
    • 2 - One who could fit relatively soon was looking for 1500 to fit 1 robot. He may have done the two for that, but it would have been at least that.
    • 3 - Most were pushing me into the larger L400 (13k plus) model for my size area as they had no experience setting up +Inifinity.

I would recommend them, as the items are perfect and very well packaged. However - my only gripe was that they initially said I would have the items in 1 week. It was two to three weeks before they shipped them.

Everything was via email and they were responsive, but due to translation difficulties the responses were lacking detail.

If you are not in a rush and plan to self fit - I would use them. If you need something in less than 1 month, maybe look elsewhere.

Delivery for the pallet in the photo was on 20 euro.

These look great, what’s the warranty situation when buying from Italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

krissovo wrote: »
    Its a standard fitting with some other cordless makes, I used a 5ah lidl one that fits, erbauer also fits so local stockists may have those versions.

Just a heads up since LIDL have batteries in today, those ones do not fit with Worx stuff.

I already presumed as much as I found 3d printed adaptors for them to fit a worx (with very little instructions so they aren't much use) but as I was getting a battery anyways I just thought I would confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

As per my previous post. I ordered early March. Expected to be dispatched from 15.3.
    Now expected to be dispatched 20.4 .. I am not impressed, but on the other hand, they do instantly respond to my emails.

So let's see what happens, but be aware. I am giving them benefit of the doubt due to responsiveness, but if you are in hurry I would look elsewhere or call them in advance to see if they have your choice in stock before you order.

Happy_Harry,

I am in the same position, I cancelled my order this morning and the money was refunded 'electronically' this afternoon. The money has stil to hit my bank account due to bank transfer.

Now torn between ordering a McCulloch S600 from another site or reorder an a higher spec Worx model.

Regards

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

Happy_Harry,

I am in the same position, I cancelled my order this morning and the money was refunded 'electronically' this afternoon. The money has stil to hit my bank account due to bank transfer.

Now torn between ordering a McCulloch S600 from another site or reorder an a higher spec Worx model.

Regards

Liam

I got a McCulloch Rob 600 it's now starting its third season been faultless

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bedouin79

Any chance someone would have the charger cable (power and signal) layout for an Ambrogio l240i elite s+ charger unit. A picture of your own would suffice I disconnected my system without pictures. Now Luigi is back from his service and is going the wrong directions and not charging. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Curious what you had to replace on your Husqvarna Automower beyond blades.

I have a 430X (2017 model) which I have from mid-2017 I think and so far I've replaced myself;
    • Charging Dock PSU - came out one morning to find that PSU giving out no power. Fuse etc. fine, needed replacement.
    • One wheel motor/gearbox - found the mower 'stuck'. Checked the unit out, the motor in the left wheel was knackered.
    • Battery - I might have had the unit mowing nearly all day/night initially which i didn't really need. After 3ish years the unit wasn't holding charge enough to do a mow and get back to the charger.
    • Charging Dock PCB - noticed in the past day I'd not seen the mower out for a few days, pulled out the mower from the dock to find it saying the loop was down. Checked the loop, no breaks and then checked the voltage output and it should have been around 30V but was sitting around 20V. Took apart the charger to find a few slugs shorted out some components. PCB ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The docking station and PSU are **** quality. On my 3rd PSU and 2nd PCB. Put a surge protector on the PSU. And that’s the direct advice I got from Husqvarna.

The mower itself has been fine. Mine is in since 2014. Only changed the battery this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Mel Casserly

B07LFPS71H?tag=haggle-web-fr-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

I'm looking at getting a worx landriod for the 1000m2 lawn - got a price of €759 on Amazon France - but they won't deliver to Ireland - The price seems a lot better than any others for same machine. Any ideas as to how to short circuit this?

p.s. used hagglezon.com for the price comparison - same machine is €1345 on amazon.de!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

430x running since June 2018 and no issues at all touch wood. Don’t have a surge protector on it...sounds like I should get one.

B07LFPS71H?tag=haggle-web-fr-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

I'm looking at getting a worx landriod for the 1000m2 lawn - got a price of €759 on Amazon France - but they won't deliver to Ireland - The price seems a lot better than any others for same machine. Any ideas as to how to short circuit this?

p.s. used hagglezon.com for the price comparison - same machine is €1345 on amazon.de!
    If you need to get something from France and they don't ship outside of France, maybe just use a fright forwarder but it won't be cheap. One that came up in a quick search (haven't used them) is betweenbox.com
    I'm sure there are others. They usually cane give you an estimate to handling/forwarding packages if you know the size/weight

KCross wrote: »
    The docking station and PSU are **** quality. On my 3rd PSU and 2nd PCB. Put a surge protector on the PSU. And that’s the direct advice I got from Husqvarna.

The mower itself has been fine. Mine is in since 2014. Only changed the battery this year.
    For the 430X mower itself, it's either my garden is a challenge.or I had it working for more hours in the day than needed.
    Anywho, awaiting on the charger PCB to get it back up and running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    For the 430X mower itself, it's either my garden is a challenge.or I had it working for more hours in the day than needed.
    Anywho, awaiting on the charger PCB to get it back up and running again.

FYI: €170 fitted is what that cost me last year. I’m sure it could be done alot cheaper if I did it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mel Casserly

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    If you need to get something from France and they don't ship outside of France, maybe just use a fright forwarder but it won't be cheap. One that came up in a quick search (haven't used them) is betweenbox.com
    I'm sure there are others. They usually cane give you an estimate to handling/forwarding packages if you know the size/weight

Thanks for that - looks like around €100 - will have to get detailed size and weight to get exact cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭halfforward

xl500 wrote: »
    I got a McCulloch Rob 600 it's now starting its third season been faultless

Do husqvarna parts fit the McCulloch? Where can they be serviced?

Bedouin79 wrote: »
    Any chance someone would have the charger cable (power and signal) layout for an Ambrogio l240i elite s+ charger unit. A picture of your own would suffice I disconnected my system without pictures. Now Luigi is back from his service and is going the wrong directions and not charging. Any help appreciated

Ok update Luigi is charging but insists on going anti clockwise to return to base and going in the wrong side. I’ve checked the perimeter everything is right there the loop is correct. My guess is I’ve reversed the polarity on and that’s why he’s going anti clockwise when it should be clockwise. Any advice appreciated.

Next time I dismantle anything it’s pictures step by step. The paranoia is real and the wife is fit to kill me im spending so much time in the shed with my mechanical son

Bedouin79 wrote: »
    Ok update Luigi is charging but insists on going anti clockwise to return to base and going in the wrong side. I’ve checked the perimeter everything is right there the loop is correct. My guess is I’ve reversed the polarity on and that’s why he’s going anti clockwise when it should be clockwise. Any advice appreciated.

Next time I dismantle anything it’s pictures step by step. The paranoia is real and the wife is fit to kill me im spending so much time in the shed with my mechanical son

Ok looks like all is good turns out during the service the docking was turned to anti clockwise instead of clockwise. Have to go back to the dealer to get it switched over. The only reason I figured it out is down to Paul at the www.therobotmower.co.uk. Answered all my hair brained questions on an Easter weekend and is bought nothing off him. I had to send him a log from my mower but all the info was in that. Onto the dealer tomorrow

• Advertisement

Do husqvarna parts fit the McCulloch? Where can they be serviced?

I'm taking it as a good sign that there's a few people on here running McCulloch Automowers with very little mention of servicing.

One user on here had to change a PCB on the charging station due to slug damage - Seems like Husqvarna have room for improvement there as it seems to be an achilles heel allright.

I'd also like to know about options on servicing (eg if I ever had to replace a motor) and in particular how to access updated firmware at some point in the future.

Advertisement