Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering giving up main job for side hustle.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

You are earning 32k a year as nurse plus pension contributions. A nurses pension when you are 67 will probably be worth about 30k a year after 40yrs work. To earn a pension of that size I'd imagine in private sector you'd have to have a pension of a couple million, maybe it's a lot. Most government workers don't realise how much you have to have in a pension to get 2/3rds salary on retirement.

This is not incorrect.

Since 2013 pensions in pubic sector are significantly reduced.

I'm on approx 40k, and with all my contributions will get a 7k annual pension when I retire.

I set up an AVC (private pension) last year as all public sector workers should do (pre-2013 is completely different).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Health11 wrote: »
    My thinking is I am making 12k a month on very little effort. With more promotion and time I think I could easily hit 30k+ a month within 6 months.

(I knew other people in the industry so this isn't pie in the sky stuff)

I'm sure you could, but it could also all evaporate within the next 3 weeks, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Too early to give up day job op

But do send on link to your OF and what hospital and ward you’re on

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Health11

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm sure you could, but it could also all evaporate within the next 3 weeks, who knows.

Judging by my private messages on here I will hit 30k by the end of this week!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Wheety wrote: »
    Stick with both. It's a very nice side hustle to be fair.

It's only an hour a day, but I wonder of it will last long term? Will your audience still be there as you age? If I was doing it, I'd build up a supply of unreleased content that could be used to keep the fans happier for longer.

I'd look into part time or agency nursing to get a better work life balance, and to avoid a gap on the CV for when you stop doing OF.

• Advertisement

Tefral wrote: »

Id bank the Only Fans money and pretend you dont have it at all and put it into a decent savings bond or something that will give you a decent yield in 5 years.

So spend it in 5 years when inflation means it'll buy the same amount of stuff of it was spent now?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

If you are thinking of quitting nursing, I would recommend using your spare time to learn other transferrable skills as obviously posting photos to Only Fans is a distinctly finite job prospect.

If it doesn't go against Boards rules I will happily post it here or PM if necessary.

I'm curious to see what it is that makes you so successful (I'm not looking for pics, I'm curious about how people get to the top in all these social media type earnings).

McGaggs wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what it is that makes you so successful (I'm not looking for pics, I'm curious about how people get to the top in all these social media type earnings).

I've got a great big personality. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Read your professional codes of behaviour carefully to see if there is any potential conflict, particularly if there is any possible connection to work - naughty nurse or medical fetish or whatever.

And read your hospital contract carefully about external work.

I don't know anything about this business but it's hard to see how that kind of income would be sustainable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I've got a great big personality. ;)

All two of them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Who are the people paying for this content on OF? I don't get it. If someone like OP is earning 12k a month which I don't believe for a start, think it's a wind up, they must have 1000 subscribers or so. Hardly personalised is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Why is the end goal for most ppl in Ireland buying a house.
    Milk the OF , get a good accountant and financial advice but make your own decisions regarding your money.
    Hit OF hard, milk it but continue to live within the means of your nurses salary for a couple of years.
    I would say ask the nursing can you go part time initially if OF sets up nicely you can decide what path you want your future to take.
    Best of luck, trust no one and enjoy yourself.

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Who are the people paying for this content on OF? I don't get it. If someone like OP is earning 12k a month which I don't believe for a start, think it's a wind up, they must have 1000 subscribers or so. Hardly personalised is it?

Imagination plays a big part (on the subscribers side) it's only for a few minutes anyway!!

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Imagination plays a big part (on the subscribers side) it's only for a few minutes anyway!!

I'm just thinking the amount of free content to pass a few mins...why pay?

I wonder do Irish girls do well off an American audience?

McGaggs wrote: »
    I wonder do Irish girls do well off an American audience?

Red hair dye and you're sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Can this thread be moved to after hours to give it the attention it deserves

Can this thread be moved to after hours to give it the attention it deserves

I would have no problem with that. Mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Just on the topic, do I have to inform my employers (the HSE) of my OF?

You're clearly spamming.

Nothing against OF but you're meant to hint on tiktok and post a link to your twitter that has a link to OF.

• Advertisement

antix80 wrote: »
    You're clearly spamming.

Nothing against OF but you're meant to hint on tiktok and post a link to your twitter that has a link to OF.

I don't think I've been making that many posts?

Edit: I'll cease if that's the case.

I don't think I've been making that many posts?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that got a PM from you!

I didn't... Is she offering a boards discount?

Is this a wind up haha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Is this a wind up haha?

Come on - let’s have a link to one of your social media profiles to see if this is real please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

https://www.independent.ie/life/i-earned-1000-a-month-from-naked-photos-five-irish-onlyfans-creators-on-the-reality-of-the-adult-site-40313559.html

It must be getting very competitive in the Irish market.

Not sure if it's a stroke of genuine or desperation that someone would try and use boards to bring in new subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twomagpies

I'm just thinking the amount of free content to pass a few mins...why pay?

Same reason why people pay for patreon or streaming sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Has to be a piss take - funny how people when want to believe something, they take at face value. No wonder some get suckered into spam and scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

I know a few that do some onlyfans and are pretty well up there. Your numbers are not achieveable.

Troll post. Here are some real figures.

https://www.reddit.com/r/onlyfansadvice/comments/iqs8j1/how_much_money_do_you_make_monthly_on_onlyfans/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Nigella is very popular, I wonder would a middle-aged woman in an apron making cakes, licking a spoon talking in a breathy voice with a few double entendres throw-in do well?

Advertisement