Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There could be another "incident" in the MCU that wipes out a number of heroes. I mean Wanda is a prime suspect.

Whatever she ends up doing could kill T'challa off screen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There could be another "incident" in the MCU that wipes out a number of heroes. I mean Wanda is a prime suspect.

Whatever she ends up doing could kill T'challa off screen.

That would be a good route to go, gives the new bad some serious credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I reckon the movie will open with his funeral. I don't think they will kill him on screen, even if it is double or CGI.

That’s the perfect way of handling it IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think I'd like some form of funeral, but do not want to see the character dying in a fight or something. Imagine being his family and seeing that.

Was actually just reading the recent Jason Aaron Avengers run where Black Panther absolutely wrecks an actual god, Khonshu (who will no doubt be showing up in Moon Knight). Made me a little sad we'll not be getting moments like that for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First look at Spider-Man 3

spider-man-3-photo-featured.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-title-phone-home.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-photo-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-title-home-wrecker.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-photo-3.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-title-homeslice.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Spider-Man: No Way Home is the title of the 3rd film.

Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings has also been delayed to September 3.

Disney hedging its bets on people being desperate to return to the cinema...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Disney hedging its bets on people being desperate to return to the cinema...

It is a smart move. At that point everyone who wants a vaccine in the US should have a vaccine but there is no telling how skeptical people will be about going into a packed cinema. They are currently back in all or nearly all states but most with a limited capacity.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It is a smart move. At that point everyone who wants a vaccine in the US should have a vaccine but there is no telling how skeptical people will be about going into a packed cinema. They are currently back in all or nearly all states but most with a limited capacity.

This is true but increasingly, films are relying on international markets to make their money, so there's a bit of a gamble there.

Not that Marvel seem to need any more luck - "Hey lets make a series about grief, retreating into TV for relief, and being trapped in a small area- oh look a pandemic" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

‘Thor: Love And Thunder’: Russell Crowe Lands Role In Sequel

https://deadline.com/2021/03/thor-love-and-thunder-russell-crowe-1234723853/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hi Folks, just popping into this MCU thread here to let you true believers know the kind folks in the Forum Games section of Boards is hosting a Werewolf game themed around Infinity War/Endgame.

Werewolf is a neat role playing game and with the upcoming game centering around the MCU, its sure to be a fun experience.

Sign up thread is in my signature below, and we welcome new players. Any Q's can be PMd to me. Hope to see you guys there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Initial reaction, meh.

We know Marvel need to branch out to new heroes to keep everything fresh, but everything about that was MEH.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I remember when Guardians of the Galaxy was announced, there was a lot of scepticism if audiences could handle the sheer cosmic silliness of it all; whether Marvel might be overplaying their hand a tad - and yet, it ended up being (arguably) one of the franchise's better and more loved series.

This feels like the opposite problem: taking what ostensibly appears like a really generic property, and hoping/believing a slap of MCU paint will do the rest. If nothing else, you'd hope the fight choreography will be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Olivia Colman in talks to Join Samuel L. Jackson in Marvel's 'Secret Invasion'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Loughc wrote: »
    Initial reaction, meh.

We know Marvel need to branch out to new heroes to keep everything fresh, but everything about that was MEH.

I actually enjoyed the trailer. Its never going to be iron man or thor like but it looks fun and action packed. There appears to be a huge battle scene aswell. As mentioned marvel need to create new heroes. I do seriously dislike that akinfawa or whatever her name is tho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Initial reaction, meh.

I have never been a fan of kung fu movies so very little excitement about this one. I do have interest in what they do with the 10 rings though

Will keep my mind open though. Felt similar about magic and Dr Strange but it ended up with a decent enough movie and then became an important and more interesting character as time progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

pixelburp wrote: »
    I remember when Guardians of the Galaxy was announced, there was a lot of scepticism if audiences could handle the sheer cosmic silliness of it all; whether Marvel might be overplaying their hand a tad - and yet, it ended up being (arguably) one of the franchise's better and more loved series.

This feels like the opposite problem: taking what ostensibly appears like a really generic property, and hoping/believing a slap of MCU paint will do the rest. If nothing else, you'd hope the fight choreography will be decent.

It's funny, both GotG bore me to bits and I'm a massive, massive fan of it all!

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I have never been a fan of kung fu movies so very little excitement about this one. I do have interest in what they do with the 10 rings though

Will keep my mind open though. Felt similar about magic and Dr Strange but it ended up with a decent enough movie and then became an important and more interesting character as time progressed.

Dr Strange is a big character in the comics and has a lot of good powers and storylines.

Shang-Chi in the comics felt like a lazy cash in by Marvel to reach a new demographic.

Looks like a case of another generic villain with no overarching story. I’ll still watch it like but I have a feeling it’ll be completely skippable on rewatches. This could be the MCU’s iron fist.

Dr Strange is a big character in the comics and has a lot of good powers and storylines.

Shang-Chi in the comics felt like a lazy cash in by Marvel to reach a new demographic.

Looks like a case of another generic villain with no overarching story. I’ll still watch it like but I have a feeling it’ll be completely skippable on rewatches. This could be the MCU’s iron fist.

Shang Chi 100% was a lazy cash in at the start but he's found a niche in modern comics popping up as a mentor when a character needs to level up in unarmed combat for whatever reason (especially funny when it happens in Gail Simone's Domino). I could see that becoming this characters place in the MCU too. I believe he's currently mentoring that new demon sword kid who's name I keep forgetting :D

Also technically.. Iron Fist is still the MCUs Iron Fist. It's mad how people are mentally decanonising the Netflix stuff already. That'll save Marvel some work when they want to do it.

Emilia Clarke is in final negotiations to join Secret Invasion,

Disney and Sony have reached a multi-year deal for the post-pay-1 release window, a pact that will make Spider-Man and other major franchises eligible to stream on Disney+ for the first time

https://deadline.com/2021/04/disney-sony-streaming-spider-man-disney-plus-1234741215/

Tommy

‘Secret Invasion’: Killian Scott In Talks To Join Marvel Series For Disney
    Killian Scott (Dublin Murders, Damnation) is in negotiations to join Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in Secret Invasion, the upcoming Marvel series for Disney+, Deadline has learned.

In Secret Invasion, Jackson and Mendelsohn reprise their MCU characters Nick Fury and the Skrull Talos, respectively, who first met in Captain Marvel. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

The cast also is expected to include Kingsley Ben-Adir as a likely villain, Olivia Colman and Emilia Clarke. Further plot details are being kept under wraps and it’s not clear what role Scott would play. A rep for Marvel declined comment

https://deadline.com/2021/04/secret-invasion-killian-scott-marvel-series-disney-plus-1234747795/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Already posted on the films board but well worth a watch if you didn't see it there:
    Penn wrote: »

Also on youtube:

• Advertisement

Advertisement