Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Killarney Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Website says they're open Monday to Saturday. Could ring them tomorrow if you're unsure.

064 6633522

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Anyone know what happened in the field beside Aldi bedside Deer Park? Passed earlier guards and Fire Brigade were there

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

Am looking at some house renovations - so looking for some help

1. Any recommendations on replacing/updating a Front Door. Who did ye look at and who did ye go with in the end??? Why
    2. Same for a NEW kitchen......looking for someone to do it all (Electrics, Wall Tiling and Floor tiling)

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Am looking at some house renovations - so looking for some help

1. Any recommendations on replacing/updating a Front Door. Who did ye look at and who did ye go with in the end??? Why

Any help appreciated

Personally, I had a very poor all round experience with Senator. Bad fitting and poor quality, door was in less than 3 years and the barrel broke and the track had to be refitted.

I've heard mostly positive things about Costellos in Limerick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's a company in Ardfert outside Tralee who are meant to be good for doors and windows. Paul Harris http://paulharriswindowsanddoors.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There's a company in Ardfert outside Tralee who are meant to be good for doors and windows. Paul Harris http://paulharriswindowsanddoors.com/

Yes I would second this. I got Paul Harris in to upgrade our windows/doors 18 months ago. Fantastic products and excellent service. Can't recommend them enough

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭durandal01

The Peregrine falcons are back nesting on St. Mary's Cathedral again. They can be spotted atop the gargoyle facing O'Shea's funeral home.
    Bring binoculars.

Lifestyle Sports seems to be gone from New Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Same As wrote: »
    Lifestyle Sports seems to be gone from New Street.

Their shop in Manor in Tralee is stripped bare, the murmurs around are that the stock was taken away to be sold online but who knows.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Their shop in Manor in Tralee is stripped bare, the murmurs around are that the stock was taken away to be sold online but who knows.

The one in Killarney went a step further and took down their shopfront signage, too. Usual one-upmanship :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Same As wrote: »
    The one in Killarney went a step further and took down their shopfront signage, too. Usual one-upmanship :D

Someone from Tralee probably just robbed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi all. Does anyone know it there's a mechanic or someone who can fix or install a car radio in Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Hi all. Does anyone know it there's a mechanic or someone who can fix or install a car radio in Killarney?

Killarney Motor Factors could probably recommend someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Looking at getting a 5G router and putting a 3 SIM into it...anyone here know roughly what DL/UP speeds I can expect with 5G in Killarney town?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Looking at getting a 5G router and putting a 3 SIM into it...anyone here know roughly what DL/UP speeds I can expect with 5G in Killarney town?

I'm on 4/5G with them, not in Killarney town. I'm getting 109mps Download, 29mps Upload

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hello all, I'm looking for a reliable car detailer in the area.
    It is not a big job -only a scratch on the door. Do any posters know someone who would be willing to do such a small job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hey, any of you know a O'Leary doing window fixing in killarney???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Hello all, I'm looking for a reliable car detailer in the area.
    It is not a big job -only a scratch on the door. Do any posters know someone who would be willing to do such a small job?

I've used ROC before out the muckross road. Very good.

https://www.facebook.com/rocvaleting/

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Kilarney national park fire biggest in 40 years... next two hours crucial... wildlife/habitat already destroyed.... has moved lower down... at edge of the older native trees now... fire fighters must be getting tired... helicopters in to drop water....if it catches there animals in danger especially small ones...all pet lovers be ready to help if needed..eg extra supplies donations ..fostering to make room etc..
    my thoughts with those near mourne mts also

• Advertisement

speckle wrote: »
    Kilarney national park fire biggest in 40 years... next two hours crucial... wildlife/habitat already destroyed.... has moved lower down... at edge of the older native trees now... fire fighters must be getting tired... helicopters in to drop water....if it catches there animals in danger especially small ones...all pet lovers be ready to help if needed..eg extra supplies donations ..fostering to make room etc..
    my thoughts with those near mourne mts also

Absolutely sickening. My brother is down there to volunteer and waiting to be called on. Sent me some videos, complete and utter morons whoever started it.

I know there was a big party at Dinis last night and I really hope if they're the culprits, they're fined or something at the very least

This is a pretty shocking sight. The extent of the damage from this will be massive.

https://twitter.com/PaschalSheehy/status/1385999511928156167?s=19

dobman88 wrote: »
    Absolutely sickening. My brother is down there to volunteer and waiting to be called on. Sent me some videos, complete and utter morons whoever started it
    Fair dues to your brother... may he and all the others volunteering all be safe

Awful, heart breaking. Some cnut is responsible. Poor wildlife have their beautiful habitat destroyed.

Dobman, what kind of help is your brother doing? I would nearly head out myself if I could be of any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,951 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the fire deliberately set, god love the animal habitats wildlife, hope no one injured in the fire service and volunteers

LilacNails wrote: »
    Dobman, what kind of help is your brother doing? I would nearly head out myself if I could be of any help.

I've no idea. He is a car enthusiast and was just out for a spin, saw what was going on and stopped. Michelle Cooper Galvin was down there to take photos for the papers and she told him who to talk to if he wanted to volunteer. It could be something as simple as getting drinks for the lads as they come in for a break, I didnt ask him.

It seems like the kind of situation they will need volunteers for but I dont know how things will work cos of covid. Might be worth contacting someone before heading down to see if they need a pair of hands.

LilacNails wrote: »

I was talking to one of the animal rescue non profits...the animal help net... if it devastates lower down in the main forest... vets/rangers may be buzy in kilarney helping injured animals etc and if there is an overflow of care needed before being released back into a habitat (if their own survives).. that may mean..room needed to be made in the local animal shelters so maybe fostering cats/dogs to help..and extra food/bedding supplies needed...will let you know more if I hear anything.. hoping it wont come to that...maybe Dob's brother knows more as they are on the ground...I am rehabbing leg...so trying to get word out on social media...maybe you could aswell?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the fire deliberately set, god love the animal habitats wildlife, hope no one injured in the fire service and volunteers

At the moment its speculation but a party in Dinis and a midnight fire emergency reported seems to add up to clowns starting a fire at the party and it spreading, rapidly!!

Advertisement