Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

(16th April) A good few songs were played in this show. Ryan was getting into the Friday feeling.

Treat people with Kindness (Harry Styles)

You got it (Roy Orbision)

That was the vibe created.

There was build up about Michael D’s appearance on ‘The Late Late Show’. He went out to Áras. There is new dog called Misneach to keep Bród and the Higgins’ company.

There was a mention of a few funny stories. One of them was William Amos an MP from Canada in the house of commons was caught changing his clothes on a zoom call.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56760714

Another was the story of a woman (in heat?) who traveled from the Wirral to Liverpool breaking covid19 rules to look for ‘fit fellas’

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/19236042.wirral-woman-breached-covid-rules-look-fit-fellas/

The interview guest was a person named Ashlee Caserley. A woman from Mullingar who moved to America 20 years ago. I had no idea where it was going. She got her degree in Archaeology and Greek and Roman Civilisation in Ireland and went back to the US following her JI.

I still had no idea where it was going. Finally we are told Casserley is an Estate Agent (Broker) now

https://www.ashleecasserly.com/

And became involved in a programme called ‘Zombie House Flipping’ in Florida

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5480646/

Apparently the Real Estate market is flying in Florida.

I enjoyed this morning's show it was kept nice as light as far as possible.
    Yer man (Sean) at end of the show was fairly hopeless at the 'Ben' themed quiz for a holiday break. Worth listening to it if you haven't.

The best bit of the quiz was the very last bit - 'Knowing me know you' (Alan Partridge twist) was played Tubridy's production team was trolling him apparently as Tubridy does not like Abba. Plus there was the Partridge reference.

Anyway, Sean the man on the quiz - his confidence was shattered at that stage. As Tubridy had already literally told him every answer. With massive hints and Sean was still getting it wrong.

For example - Tubridy's hint was what is the opposite to Queen? As Sean was asked to name who sang' Stand by Me' - (answer was Ben King)

"Princess?" says Sean. Tubridy was holding back the laughing at that point.

Sean was then asked the (final question as Tubridy had ran out of time)

Tubridy: "can you name the band who sang that song 'Knowing me know you' ?"

Sean: 'Linda Martin?'

He was given the prize nonetheless! :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’ve issued legal proceedings challenging the result of yesterday’s quiz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I’ve issued legal proceedings challenging the result of yesterday’s quiz

Three questions just didn't suit him as Larry would say.

Tubs actually showing his vicious streak “ look just say f**ing Franklin ok right next ...,,, ABBA it’s f**ing ABBA jeeez Christ ... he’s a F**ing rat mate a rat “

• Registered Users Posts: 5,202 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Have you noticed he regularly says 'We're open for business ".
    As if the following content was something of profound significance. And he the vehicle for that. I just think it's a little selfregarding.

• Advertisement

bobbyss wrote: »
    Have you noticed he regularly says 'We're open for business ".
    As if the following content was something of profound significance. And he the vehicle for that. I just think it's a little selfregarding.
    Rte in general think we’re all in despair and they are the solution

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was Captain Kindness whistling over the intro there?

Same messaging everyday - things are getting back to normal, delivered with a fake accent.

RTÉ hack bigging up RTÉ show again. :rolleyes:

LLS mention....of course, of course.

• Advertisement

Books!

Interview coming up with....wait for it.....an author!

“Deep sea driver” says Bryan. Wat colour is his car Bryan?

LLS guests for Friday revealed!

Oh ffs I’m out. It’s even worse than usual. He ran out of waffle at 09:14.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Pretty clear this programme has become a book/TV show/ movie review programme for the first half hour.

and by 'review' I mean Ryan and various texters saying the name of a book/TV show/ movie and they saying 'I liked that' or 'I didn't understand that'

That ad was just a sting for the sponser

Lol "a South Dublin lad living a life of heedless privilage" can you relate ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

20 minute waffle. 10 minutes of ads. 10 minutes of music. 20 minute book review show disguised as light entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

He's certainly chosen a topic that will get him a lot of airtime on RTE and Newstalk that is for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The new oppressed class in Ireland, the Culchie. :-)

• Advertisement

I felt this guest was giving Ryan a slight dig earlier on but of course it was totally missed by the host.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Awh the Ryan fella. Getting his regular jab in at the internet.

And that’s the entire show “filled”

I felt this guest was giving Ryan a slight dig earlier on but of course it was totally missed by the host.

What was that ?

Bryan also inadvertently revealed this morning that “the staff” read the papers for him and select the topics. He does ZERO prep for the show. Honestly he could rock in at 9:02:59 and start the show reading through post-it marked pages on various newspapers and some poppycock about what he did over the weekend.

A highlight for me this morning was “I don’t watch Line of Duty on Sunday nights because it cuts into my reading time”. Sureeeeeeeeeeee. Whenever you watch it Bryan it takes the same time.....strange concept I know.

Literally counting down the clock

Bryan also inadvertently revealed this morning that “the staff” read the papers for him and select the topics. He does ZERO prep for the show. Honestly he could rock in at 9:02:59 and start the show reading through post-it marked pages on various newspapers and some poppycock about what he did over the weekend.

A highlight for me this morning was “I don’t watch Line of Duty on Sunday nights because it cuts into my reading time”. Sureeeeeeeeeeee. Whenever you watch it Bryan it takes the same time.....strange concept I know.

He just reads out from prompt cards for both radio and tv shows. Simple as that. Thinks his personality will fill in the void of preparation and content.

A song at 9:56 :)

He has nothing

What was that ?

I felt the author was taking the p1ss a little bit the way he delivered the "entitled south Dublin" meme to Ryan, he was describing the host to himself whilst making light of it. I must listen back later as I caught it in passing.

• Advertisement

We'll be back with more waffle tomorrow between 9 & 10.

Advertisement