Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

That's suprising, ive never seen Heany write critically about Tubs before.

I feel like this provides a sense of vindication for the thread. Two of the main issues flagged here are Tubridys grifting for freebies and lack of self awareness and now a professional radio critic in the Irish Times has echoed these sentiments. If that isn't legitimate then I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Multiple plugs up coming for a favourite haunt of his ;). Some friend of the show is already celebrating their win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

School tour to the Aras

Woman out looking for "fit fellas".

He finds it hilarious

If a bloke did that he'd be labeled a pervert.

Wtf is going on. Does he know he's still on the air? Is he talking to one of the backroom staff?

Even less production effort put in to today's show and that's saying something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I take back what I said yesterday, today’s show is worse. A lot worse. He didn’t even know what month we were in to start with.

I think we’ve had a record number of “beautiful”s and “gorgeous”esssesssssessss today.

After talking about how retail business need help to get back on their feet after the lockdown through the council waiving fees etc the very same business now have just been instructed to GIVE FIRST COFFEES TO REGULARS FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Waffled the whole way to 925, that takes skill.

How does he get away with this? It really is one of life’s great mysteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I take back what I said yesterday, today’s show is worse. A lot worse. He didn’t even know what month we were in to start with.

I don’t even know what day it is :)

How does he get away with this? It really is one of life’s great mysteries.

He's an untouchable it seems.

Who would be his immediate superior at RTE? Would it be Dee herself?

I could never imagine someone pulling him into a meeting and saying, "Ryan we need to have a chat about your daily show, it really is rubbish and it needs a shakeup ".

NIMAN wrote: »

I could never imagine someone pulling him into a meeting and saying, "Ryan we need to have a chat about your daily show, it really is rubbish and it needs a shakeup ".

In the old days rte people tended to get angry when such thing was suggested

NIMAN wrote: »

He started doing work for rte age 12. His family historically are connected to rte and broadcasting in Ireland. Nobody will be telling him anything and the attitude reflects this.

So he studied Greek and Roman too, but it worked out for him, he became a millionaire out of it.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    He started doing work for rte age 12. His family historically are connected to rte and broadcasting in Ireland. Nobody will be telling him anything and the attitude reflects this.

he must notice :)

In the awesome hbo show Silicon Valley there’s an employment situation in which character “big head” found himself called “unassigned” where the unassigned turn up every day on full pay and hang out on the roof , that’s our boy Ryan :)

Sidebaawwr

Your folks.

There's a man whose wife made him go on the radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Benjamin Franklin was a former President Of The United States, says our resident American Politics expert.

• Advertisement

Benjamin Franklin was a former President Of The United States, says our resident American Politics expert.

Was this mentioned already this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

ffs playback getting an email:

Hello,

Thank you very much for getting in touch.

Due to the high volume of suggestions Playback receives, I am not always in a position to reply to each individual email but rest assured, they are read and all feedback and suggestions are very welcome.

All the best
    Sinéad Mooney

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Why bother asking him any questions? Just give him the prize for getting through.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Why bother asking him any questions? Just give him the prize for getting through.

He had time to fill. Simple.

Late late show

Late late show

I have heard him mention the LLS now about 5 times over the last 2 days, and it's never any more than Pres, Sexton and Imelda May.

So they must have no-one else of any note on, otherwise they would have got a mention too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

he reminds me of the guy who I saw in a supermarket with his partner once, who when she passed him a tin of beans, the penny finally dropped when he discovered that this was the source of his favourite food

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

And there was me thinking F.D.R was Franklin D Roosevelt

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

Jesus that was painful

• Advertisement

Weird thank you to the team there at the end

Advertisement