Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I didn't catch today's show and I'm confused about the Carey Mulligan film. He was talking about it a few weeks back and said he didn't like Mulligan because if some of the film's "She been in and some of the film's she hasn't".

I am not sure how anyone can not like someone for a film they appeared in.

I am also pretty sure he said he didn't like it. Has he watch it agaon and changed his mind.

Is Carey mulligan James Cagney?

Answer: no

Result: dislike

I didn't catch today's show and I'm confused about the Carey Mulligan film. He was talking about it a few weeks back and said he didn't like Mulligan because if some of the film's "She been in and some of the film's she hasn't".

I am also pretty sure he said he didn't like it. Has he watch it agaon and changed his mind.

Perhaps the movie made him uncomfortable:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The movie is very #woke because it involves a woman taking revenge on a man for a sexual assault, also he said one of his daughters liked it and “that was good enough for me”.

It would be amazing if he could formulate an opinion on his own.

The movie is very #woke because it involves a woman taking revenge on a man for a sexual assault, also he said one of his daughters liked it and “that was good enough for me”.

It would be amazing if he could formulate an opinion on his own.

It’s a good watch it’s not a woke movie really , it’s above that lark

It’s a good watch it’s not a woke movie really , it’s above that lark

I haven’t seen it so can’t comment but it was Tubs himself who said it was “very woke” caller!

• Advertisement

If you want a no holds barred movie about revenge with a female lead, check this out:

I suspect Bryan would poop in his pantaloons watching it.

Great soundtrack too.

Straight down to business

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

If your business has been on life support for months makes sure give away your products for free as a goodwill gesture when customers start comming back. You can enter it into your accounts as a credit for "kind"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gorgeous beautiful human beings. Good news.

I haven’t seen it so can’t comment but it was Tubs himself who said it was “very woke” caller!

When I saw it I thought it would be tarred by the woke but it’s not at all , it does show bad men in a bad light though

• Advertisement

I bet that old man wasn’t thinking “hello world I’m back “

Motorhead, Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy and all those lovely people

Such a weird weird fantasy conversation he had with himself about Netflix that went on for way too long.

sligojoek wrote: »

Heard that :)
    Followed by a Netflix freestyle segment off script

Heard that :)
    Followed by a Netflix freestyle segment off script

Maybe he knows his natural style of conversation is so so weird and strange and that's why there is such a rigid dependence on the pre written cue cards and fear when a guest goes off script?

Coincidentally a texter wants bat out of hell played when getting his vaccination just as Ryan is about to tell us about the death of Jim Steinmann.

He should get Dave mustaine on to discuss the famous kings hall story , it would be ryans highlight of the year

Coincidentally a texter wants bat out of hell played when getting his vaccination just as Ryan is about to tell us about the death of Jim Steinmann.

Texts coming in thick and fast

A new one!

Dancing around the kitchen
    Tears steaming down my face at the kitchen table
    Pulling in the car coz crying so much so can't see the road anymore

And now.... waking a 3 month old baby in the kitchen!

David Brophy back for his monthly visit

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    A new one!

Dancing around the kitchen
    Tears steaming down my face at the kitchen table
    Pulling in the car coz crying so much so can't see the road anymore

And now.... waking a 3 month old baby in the kitchen!

I missed that. Waking a sleeping or dead baby?

When I saw it I thought it would be tarred by the woke but it’s not at all , it does show bad men in a bad light though

I think that’s enough to satisfy most #wokefolk, esp. if the men being shown in a bad light are white and ideally, over 40.

Maybe he knows his natural style of conversation is so so weird and strange and that's why there is such a rigid dependence on the pre written cue cards and fear when a guest goes off script?

That would display a level of self awareness simply not present in RTÉ staff and contractors.

If your business has been on life support for months makes sure give away your products for free as a goodwill gesture when customers start comming back. You can enter it into your accounts as a credit for "kind"

Esp. to celebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,346 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

(21st April)
    Tubridy seemed in extra thankful and appreciative mode of life and people this morning
    He mentioned how the Iceland symphony orchestra is playing tunes for those who are vaccinated

https://www.icelandreview.com/culture/iceland-symphony-orchestra-accompanies-covid-19-vaccination-today/

Some smart arse contributed and said ‘Needles and Pins’ should be one of the songs played in vaccination centres.

There was similar vaccination quirkiness commented on where New Yorkers can get vaccinated under a Big Blue Whale in the Natural History Museum.

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/you-can-now-get-vaccinated-under-the-giant-blue-whale-at-the-american-museum-of-natural-history-041921

What disappointed me there was no suggestion of the Irish equivalent of different/quirky place to get vaccinated.

However there was mention of some sort of quirkiness when viewed from a certain angle.

The ‘Cork Prison Officers Male Voice Choir’ recorded a version of ‘Fly Me To The Moon’ for charity.

David Brophy compose and creator was choirs, conductor of the RTE Symphony Orchestra was interviewed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Brophy

https://www.dit.ie/conservatory/staff/davidbrophy/

He wanted to form a choir among health workers. To give them a lift. Plus to make himself feel good because he feels guilty for giving out about the covid19 and sees what the health care workers have to do on the the telly. He wants the health care workers to release shier stress through song.

He was instigator of a homeless ‘High Hopes’ Choir.

https://www.focusireland.ie/our-stories/high-hopes-choir/

A health-care worker named Fiona was interviewed giving her perspective on the pandemic. She contracted covid19 and some of her family got symptoms.
    She is into the singing and is delighted to join the new healthcare workers choir.

Any healthcare singing workers or even people who have not sang before but would like to try it - email:

healthcarechoir@tyrone-productions.ie

(Tubridy was terrible at giving out the email - he said it twice and left out the hyphen the first time)

Brophy is well able to talk seems like a real people person. They will have fun I’d say

Tubridy mentioned Padraig Harrington (Golfer) who said he would love to sing. But has not tried since he was told he could not sing by a teacher aged 12. Apparently Harrington once told Tubridy that he would love some one to teach him to sing and he would swap and teach them golf. The gas thing was Brophy chirped up and said he was a big golfer himself.

I had the feeling that the RTE production teams were frantically scribbling that down for a programme idea!?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Laughing his head off before he even starts talking.

Connemara

Always been I love with lakes and fishing. Sure.

A good egg.

He has kind eyes.

• Advertisement

In fairness to Tubridy, he's right about fishing.

Not everyone wants to run for their wellbeing, fishing (or angling) is an excellent alternative. As someone who lives beside Lough Derg now, I would say the fishermen are the most contented, most inoffensive people you could meet. Jesus Christ must have chosen them for his brothers for a reason.

Advertisement